• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Losing yet another friend?

Why would you need to do that?

You don't think they're observant enough to realize
the insufficiency of those concepts as a way to look at
life?
I want to show them that I am not a loser.

They seem to take those concepts and run with them.

Where I come from, we respect elders and value and cherish the wisdom and experiences that they generously share with us.

We do not refer to them as "some old woman". That is incredibly demeaning and regrettable.

Where I come from we respect women regardless of their age.

Last edited:
Where I come from, we respect elders and value and cherish the wisdom and experiences that they generously share with us.

We do not refer to them as "some old woman". That is incredibly demeaning and regrettable.
Agreed - that "some old woman" is a human being, just like everyone else. If someone can't treat another human being with basic respect I don't know what to say.

Agreed - that "some old woman" is a human being, just like everyone else. If someone can't treat another human being with basic respect I don't know what to say.
Some of the fittest-looking women at my gym are over 50. My heroes.

@Markness

What do you think of yourself?

How would you describe yourself to others?
I think I was born in the wrong place and I am often misunderstood. My detractors (Some of whom have posted in this thread are among them.) also enjoy my suffering and want me to continue to struggle.

I am someone who is introverted and wants to live authentically.

I think I was born in the wrong place and I am often misunderstood.

You are not alone in feeling that way.

I am someone who is introverted and wants to live authentically.

It's okay to be introverted. As for living authentically - being yourself is the best way to live so that's good.

My detractors (Some of whom have posted in this thread are among them.) also enjoy my suffering and want me to continue to struggle.

I'm very sorry you feel that way.

If I'm to speak from my heart, it really hurt me, as someone who tries to provide support in general, to read that.

It’s never going to happen. She stopped responding to me and she never messages me herself.

Looks like you over-estimated the profundity of meeting Jennifer.

Mini heart attack when I saw that member until I realised her post was last September.

Anyway, yes I understand how frustrating that is for you. It might have been an opportunity for you to meet that special someone through Jennifer, as you said she had some female friends she could hook you up with. Life is not fair.

But why did you suggest I visit her?
You were gung-ho about having met her.

What did you expect?
That I would say *Hey dude, you met a girl and had fun one evening with her.
For sure, don't try to follow up on that.*???

Mini heart attack when I saw that member until I realised her post was last September.

Anyway, yes I understand how frustrating that is for you. It might have been an opportunity for you to meet that special someone through Jennifer, as you said she had some female friends she could hook you up with. Life is not fair.
I am sorry for indirectly causing that.

Yes, I don’t understand why she said she intended on introducing me to her friends and that we would hang out only to move away.

New Threads

Top Bottom