• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Losing yet another friend?

Markness

Young God
V.I.P Member
I messaged my new friend, Jennifer, what she was doing for the weekend. She replied to me that she moved to New Orleans. This not only surprised me but has stricken me with disappointment once again. I thought we would hang out in Austin together again and she even said she was going to introduce me to more of her friends. It’s not going to happen now. :( Why does life keep doing this to me?

That suck. Are you sure she is not just lying to you? It seems kind of odd she decides to just move after giving you, her number. I know I would be ticked off if that happened to me. I would also be ticked if she said she had a boyfriend.

I think you can understand that things happen in life not necessarily related to us. You had a great time, and you enjoyed the concert. But younger people have to move because they can't find work, can't afford the place they are in. It also could be she is a free spirit, and she decided New Orleans was a place she wanted to check out. I traveled when l was younger because you are open to new things at that age. So l would prefer that you wouldn't blame yourself in all of this. I think it proved that you can step out and meet somebody. Now you just keep trying and talking to woman. You just met, but you can ask her if you can call her in New Orleans, maybe you can visit there. You never know until you ask her. As a friend , wish her the best of luck, and tell her to contact you if she is in your area.
You have to be proactive, not victim-hood active,(oh oh why me, why me).

Last edited:
I think you can understand that things happen in life not necessarily related to us. You had a great time, and you enjoyed the concert. But younger people have to move because they can't find work, can't afford the place they are in. It also could be she is a free spirit, and she decided New Orleans was a place she wanted to check out. I traveled when l was younger because you are open to new things at that age. So l would prefer that you wouldn't blame yourself in all of this. I think it proved that you can step out and meet somebody. Now you just keep trying and talking to woman. You just met, but you can ask her if you can call her in New Orleans, maybe you can visit there. You never know until you ask her. As a friend , wish her the best of luck, and tell her to contact you if she is in your area.
I think she is full of it and is lying through her teeth.

It's fine. I don't mean to offend @Aspychata. It just strikes me as odd. If it happened to me I would be so depressed not only would I be blasting Drone Zone all day heck that is my music choice when I am really depressed but going to yoga might even be tough, forget the gym as I am 100% invisible there, as it's the same students or lack of there usually just me and the teacher or some old woman older than my mother showing up which makes me feel worse. Any younger woman if they show up usually don't notice me.

Sorry. I just get tired of being approached by woman nearly twice my age. Really it happens all the time. Not even women in their early 40's that are not married or in a relationship notice me. But anyway, not to derail this is about @Markness. It's hard. Life sucks for us.

Keep the faith you did a great job. now that you have some confidence. you have to put yourself out their again.
It took my younger son two shots now he is a dad. A lot of us are rooting for you, Tony too. The first shot was very up lifting. Even my wife is rooting for you guys.

That sucks. But if you are able to, try to look at it like this, you went out and tried. And you can do it again. Try to look at it like training sort of, you took a chance and talked to a stranger and it went ok. You had a good time that evening. And you can do that again, try again. Don't let this pull you down into a black hole.

I messaged my new friend, Jennifer, what she was doing for the weekend. She replied to me that she moved to New Orleans. This not only surprised me but has stricken me with disappointment once again. I thought we would hang out in Austin together again and she even said she was going to introduce me to more of her friends. It’s not going to happen now.

She moved. She didn't die.
Neither did you.

So now you have an acquaintance that lives in New Orleans.

You live in Texas.
Louisiana and Texas border each other.

At least you talked to someone you did not know. I still can't do that. I had many missed opportunity and I froze up, chickened out every single time in every situation.

I am only able to approach woman in structured small groups with people I know or if they come up to me.

I messaged my new friend, Jennifer, what she was doing for the weekend. She replied to me that she moved to New Orleans. This not only surprised me but has stricken me with disappointment once again. I thought we would hang out in Austin together again and she even said she was going to introduce me to more of her friends. It’s not going to happen now. :( Why does life keep doing this to me?

You are allowed to keep up with a friend who's out of state. It does, however, require effort to keep in contact.

My girlfriend is in danger of having to move to Vegas because of her family wanting to relocate. There's a 104% chance, if she does, that I am going to have to go out there and go bring her back one day.

My best friends live in different states, but we keep in touch by telephone and letters.

Giving up is easy when depressed but it's a good way to lose contact. Do not do that. Do keep in touch.

Just text her Markness, and say you were hoping to stay in touch since you have always wanted to go to New OOrleans.

It's fine. I don't mean to offend @Aspychata. It just strikes me as odd. If it happened to me I would be so depressed not only would I be blasting Drone Zone all day heck that is my music choice when I am really depressed but going to yoga might even be tough, forget the gym as I am 100% invisible there, as it's the same students or lack of there usually just me and the teacher or some old woman older than my mother showing up which makes me feel worse. Any younger woman if they show up usually don't notice me.

Where I come from, we respect elders and value and cherish the wisdom and experiences that they generously share with us.

We do not refer to them as "some old woman". That is incredibly demeaning and regrettable.

Where I come from, we respect elders and value and cherish the wisdom and experiences that they generously share with us.

We do not refer to them as "some old woman". That is incredibly demeaning and regrettable.
i don'd even call my wife that and she is older 65

New Threads

Top Bottom