• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Losing yet another friend?

Markness

Young God
V.I.P Member
You were gung-ho about having met her.

What did you expect?
That I would say *Hey dude, you met a girl and had fun one evening with her.
For sure, don't try to follow up on that.*???
No, I wasn’t expecting that.

I am just still despondent how it looked like my social life was going to get better but then I got my hopes up.

Markness

Young God
V.I.P Member
Even if she did keep in contact with me, I feel like the only way I could visit her is if she told me where she lived in New Orleans, if she was ok with me visiting, and I would have to take vacation time.

tree

Blue/Green
Staff member
V.I.P Member
Even if she did keep in contact with me, I feel like the only way I could visit her is if she told me where she lived in New Orleans, if she was ok with me visiting, and I would have to take vacation time.

Yes, the only way to visit with a person where they are living
would be if you knew where they lived.

Vacation time?
You work five days a week?
Or a broken schedule?
Or what?

Markness

Young God
V.I.P Member
I tend to think those who used to post positively to me who now either are completely negative or don’t respond to me at all don’t want me to have a girlfriend.

Rodafina

Hopefully Human
Staff member
V.I.P Member
I tend to think those who used to post positively to me who now either are completely negative or don’t respond to me at all don’t want me to have a girlfriend.
Maybe you could try responding more to other people in threads that they start to show you care about their problems, too.

tree

Blue/Green
Staff member
V.I.P Member

You realize that 'tending to think' is another way of saying
*I'm telling myself a story*?

You are one thinking these thoughts.

People who used to post positively toward you have their own issues.
After having said their positive stuff, they are leading their own lives.

Forest Cat

V.I.P Member

I don't think that is true, I'll bet they only wish you well. I hope you meet someone and achieve what you wish for.

Forest Cat

V.I.P Member
Why do you think that’s the case?

I don't think people have a reason to wish for you to fail or not meet a girlfriend. If someone sees your posts and thinks "I really hope Markness doesn't meet someone", that would be strange and unusual. It seems unlikely.

Markness

Young God
V.I.P Member
I don't think people have a reason to wish for you to fail or not meet a girlfriend. If someone sees your posts and thinks "I really hope Markness doesn't meet someone", that would be strange and unusual. It seems unlikely.
I just wish I could actually meet that someone. :(

kenaij

AQ score: 38, Aspie Score: asp 142/200 nt 58/200
Well, when a mommy and a daddy love eachother very much.......

Sorry just a bad joke to a question no one on this forum can answer for you. No one knows why they are born. We might all just be born without a purpose. Or atleast most of us are.
What you are going to make your purpose is the more important question. What will you bring to the world.

Markness

Young God
V.I.P Member
Told yourself everything is hopeless?
*bound to fail*?
The thoughts range from “I want to talk to her but I can’t.” for various reasons to “Apparently I am not even supposed to socialize until I am no longer ‘depressed.’”

Markness

Young God
V.I.P Member
I feel like I am about to cry now. I just feel so crummy and there are no solutions for my struggles.

tree

Blue/Green
Staff member
V.I.P Member
There aren't any magical solutions.
The only solutions are ones that require
continued effort.

New Threads

Top Bottom