• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Looking for DISNEY Dedicated autistics.

Do you love all things Disney?

• Yes

• No

• Disney Movies Only

• Disney Parks Only

• Disney Merchandise Only

• Not Disney but Marvel, Star Wars and Pixar franchises

Results are only viewable after voting.
I never saw a full length Disney animation until I was 25 and I've seen a few since then. The only Disney film I saw before then was The Black Hole in the cinema.
Maybe because of that my attitude to Disney on the whole is basically "meh". I can see why kids like much of their product but I don't have that nostalgic connection with it so news of their latest offering doesn't excite me. As a lover of escapist movies though, I worry for the future of the industry now a single corporate entity owns so many of it's former rivals. Corporate monoliths and creativity are not easy bedfellows.

Aye, you're certainly not the only one to think that way, when it comes to corporate control over the industry.

I think this is one of the reasons why Youtube has inflated like it has. As creators become more and more bold, and learn more and more about how to create stuff, there's now alot of alternatives, which are often a heck of alot more creative than anything the film industry puts out. I mean, I dont even watch movies anymore... got tired of them. It was the same old hash over and over, just lots of flash. But I can go to Youtube and get totally sucked into all sorts of things. Dont Hug Me I'm Scared and Salad Fingers are my current faves, and the film and TV industries would NEVER put anything like those out. Never. I think alot of people are starting to realize that. If you want something new, you have to GO somewhere new. The corporate-controlled movie industry has become stagnant, as anything TRULY creative is considered to be "too much of a financial risk". The video game industry is currently experiencing this as well (except it's way, WAY worse there).

Back on the topic of Disney itself, it's hard to say. The company has inflated a bit too much, to the point where it's not entirely clear where "Disney", in the traditional sense, begins and ends. Like, they own Marvel Studios, or whatever it's called, right? While I dont watch movies, even I know the Marvel stuff is supposed to be fantastic. And super popular... who hasnt heard of Thanos at this point? But is that stuff really "Disney"? Or is that just a label conveniently attached to it? Heck if I know.

I've forgotten where I was going with this.

Well if your feeling to DISNEY is "meh" this thread will bore you

Quite the opposite. Autistic intense interests are to be celebrated. Your dedicated voice is equally "being heard".

Dont Hug Me I'm Scared and Salad Fingers are my current faves

DHMIS is wonderfully inventive. When I first came across that I rewatched every episode several times and noticed more nuances every time. I haven't seen Salad Fingers so I'll look it up tomorrow :)
As to the corporate side of things, I've watched it happen in numerous industries including my own. Small creative or inventive companies getting swallowed by behemoths either to assimilate their talent or often just to shut it down lest it threaten their established line. Products which could have found a healthy niche for a small company get lost in the corporate ocean and dropped as unprofitable, thereby depriving those consumers with particular needs or interests.

DHMIS is wonderfully inventive. When I first came across that I rewatched every episode several times and noticed more nuances every time. I haven't seen Salad Fingers so I'll look it up tomorrow :)

Oh yeah, DHMIS is just grand. Everything about it is amazing. Just everything. Though it's also very hard to understand... I had to watch explanation videos to really get it, haha.

As for Salad Fingers.... I'll give a warning: If you're easily disturbed or squeamish, dont go near it. Seriously. It's an animated series, but it still proves to be way too much for some viewers. Dont expect to understand it much either. NOBODY has totally figured out what the heck is going on in it. There's a million theories and such, but nobody has quite cracked that one.

Oh, I'll recommend one other thing: This House Has People In It. I almost forgot that one, though it's one of my three favorites. For that one, the main video is about... 12 minutes long. But there's so much more than just that. There's actually about 2 and a half hours of content... if you can find it. There's a bit of a puzzle there in the main video, solving that leads you to the other content. I wont spoil it for you if you watch that and decide you'd like to try to figure it out. One way or another though I've watched this one video countless times. Just bloody amazing. Like Salad Fingers though, it's very hard to understand what it's REALLY about. This one uses a very special brand of horror that is rarely seen elsewhere.

There's quite alot of other stuff I could suggest if you'd like, but I dont want to take up tons of space in this topic (already done enough of that!). Feel free to message me if you'd like some other suggestions. Though beware that alot of things I could suggest fall into a sort of "warped horror" category like these three. Not for everyone.

There, that's enough out of me, I now return this topic to.... er.... it's original topic.

I love the classic animated Disney movies. I’m not a fan of the live action remake trend recently and I don’t care much for the new Star Wars movies or the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The only Marvel movie I really liked was Deadpool.

Do I love all things Disney? I don't love or obsess over it, no, but it's hard to deny just how much of an impact Walt has made on modern culture. It's everywhere and I'm sure everyone has seen it once before.

There's a part of me that enjoys an animated Disney movie on occasion, and then there's a part of me that enjoys something else that isn't Disney.

Last edited:
I love children's movies. I can't stand gore or realistic violence or excessive drama. I like fun adventures. I don't so much like the newer Disneys. They're too dark and too steeped in symbolism. But give me a classic Winnie the Pooh or Sword in the Stone, and I'm there, baby!

I love Disney! I know the lyrics by heart from a lot of movies, and they can cheer me up. I have some Beauty and the Beast merch, because it's my favourite movie. And would love to go back to Disneyland one day.

I like Disney because it's not frightening, and it's very lighthearted. That's also why I prefer classic Disney to the new garbage where no one has a happy ever after and the prince never kisses the princess.

My only Disney thing is I started collecting Lion King cards as an activity with my daughter in 94'. I got obsessive about the collection and am still at it, for her of course, albeit somewhat ostentatiously. Have 14 binders full of things put out (and still put out) by dozens of countries. Some quite obscure and rare... though without value essentially, except to me and one other guy who lives in Florida, or maybe California. :D

I indeed with the 2D/3D animated cannon, Marvel, Star Wars, video games and the parks (Love going to them every year and heading to WDW later this year. I lost track on HOW many times I've been to Disneyland plus Universal, Six Flags, Legoland, and Knott's)

I don't particularly like Disney as a company, but I have to give them credit for putting out Treasure Planet, one of (if not the) most spectacular movies of my childhood.

I enjoy Disney and Pixar movies. I even have a few Disney music boxes in my collection. I don’t own any of the Disney store Musical snow globes but there are a few I would buy if I found them in good condition with nothing broken or missing and if local at a reasonable price that I could afford. Two of my favorite Disney music boxes I have were made by Schmid and are from Aladdin.

Still love Disney. Might occasionally cosplay characters from films and shows. May still have my lion king merchandise collection in a box. :cool:

There are only three Disney animated I never really liked all that much and they are Snow White, Robin Hood, and Peter Pan. I really dislike Peter Pan because of its title character. He’s just so unlikable and bratty and a major bully. I mean he cut off Hook’s hand for laughs and made him sleep deprived for years. Almost every single adaptation of Peter Pan makes him unlikable and Hook was the only movie with him in it that I could actually enjoy and not feel angry with him. Robin Hood just feels forgettable to me and I can’t really remember anything after I watch it other than the characters were all animals and it followed the basic stories of Robin Hood. Snow White I’ve never really liked as a Princess and the movie is okay but I’m not completely in love with it. I have never understood why I didn’t like it as much as other Disney fans. I respect as a work of art and an important part of cinema, Disney, and animation history. I am somewhat impartial with Pinocchio as I find a huge flaw with the moral of never telling lies as sometimes it is necessary to lie if it will help keep you or others safe or to not ruin a special surprise or even hurt someone’s feelings very badly.

I read that a Disney simulation game for the Switch is coming out in September. It sounds like it will be something like Animal Crossing or The Sims crossed with Kingdom Hearts, where you customize your own character and interact with both Disney and Pixar heros and villains. I was pretty stoked to read this. I just hope the game is good, because I'll definitely get it if it is. I've made Disney/Pixar characters in The Sims and the Mii games but of course they're never exactly like the real ones.

I read that a Disney simulation game for the Switch is coming out in September. It sounds like it will be something like Animal Crossing or The Sims crossed with Kingdom Hearts, where you customize your own character and interact with both Disney and Pixar heros and villains. I was pretty stoked to read this. I just hope the game is good, because I'll definitely get it if it is. I've made Disney/Pixar characters in The Sims and the Mii games but of course they're never exactly like the real ones.
That sounds really interesting. Unfortunately this year Nintendo has made me perpetually broke due to so many anticipated games coming out in such a short period of time.

New Threads

Top Bottom