• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Looking for DISNEY Dedicated autistics.

Do you love all things Disney?

• Yes

• No

• Disney Movies Only

• Disney Parks Only

• Disney Merchandise Only

• Not Disney but Marvel, Star Wars and Pixar franchises

Results are only viewable after voting.
As many 1:6 scale figures as have realistic faces. Modern Barbie & Ken, 1990s GI Joe, turn of the millennium Action Man & Max Steel, other 1990s military & adventure figures...

I have two more Disney sculpts (not yet photographed): Esmeralda & Disney Classics (1991) Cinderella.
Oh very nice. Sounds like a collection of interesting characters with a variety of different unique personalities.

As a freelance employee, who ever hires me. I often work for Disney. I am not worried about my stock or my dedication for DISNEY. It won't change no matter who says or does whatever the general public says or does. My investment in all aspects for DISNEY is long term.

That's good. Disney remains relatively predictable in the role of a "blue chip stock".

If you ever have any real problem with Disney, it won't be over any perception of the general public. It will come from either Disney's directors and officers, or your own fellow shareholders. And hopefully never anything involving their attorneys.

This is a DISNEY thread. PLEASE do not me afraid, please do not be intimidated. When it comes to expressing your interests in Disney... I, the thread maker will support and comment in a positive light.

That's good. Disney remains relatively predictable in the role of a "blue chip stock".

If you ever have any real problem with Disney, it won't be over any perception of the general public. It will come from either Disney's directors and officers, or your own fellow shareholders. And hopefully never anything involving their attorneys.
Thank you. Not to worry for me I am safe in this regard. In many ways. Entertainment lawyers for me is only one of the ways I am safe.

They help me with drawing faces. (I have a bit of face-blindness.)
I have full face blindness (lol) so ... fully understand where you are coming from. They have a ridiculous amount of ways to help beginning artists, intermediate artists and advanced artists. Face drawings and all.

I'm just grateful that I was a child in the 50s and 60s and got the most out of Disney as Walt's vision intended.

A great man, with a great view of the world in which he briefly shared with so many of us. :)
Could not have said it better myself. Fully agree with you.

What do you enjoy in regards to Disney?
What do you, NOT HATE, but dislike or simply don't agree with in regards to DISNEY?

I love the movies, the characters, the connections I often have with the characters, I love the MERCH. I love the art, I love the stories.. and on and on and... on...

What I miss the most was "Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color".

It's what made Sunday nights special for so long when I was a kid.

I guess Hayley Mills will always be my first love. :cool:

I always have mixed thoughts on something like this.

Like, okay, I absolutely adored Nintendo as a kid, right? Mario, Link, Samus, all of their pals, some of my favorite characters ever. Or Bowser, my favorite villain character, period. All came from that company. They made amazing stuff. The NES is still something I go back to frequently, and that includes alot of the niche games. To say I was a fan was an understatement.

And to a degree, I still am. But as an adult, I'm alot more.... jaded. Particularly after having watched the industry as a whole corrode, and also having learned alot from family members who are "big business" types, I understand alot more about how a corporation works.

And I realized: what I really loved wasnt so much Nintendo itself, it was VERY SPECIFIC people & groups, the devs and designers, that worked within that corporation. When viewed as a whole, Nintendo as a corporate entity has.... issues. They're nowhere near as bad/broken as alot of other game publishers, but I very strongly suspect that this is entirely due to the fact that they are a Japanese company. Different values and whatnot.

And I look at Disney the same way. Yeah, I grew up with their stuff, sure. I've seen all the classics, and there's alot of respect for the people that created those. I still remember (well, vaguely) seeing Lion King in the theater. But at the same time.... I realize that the Disney CORPORATION is completely different. Uncaring and cold-hearted, just like pretty much all corporations in this country. They work their poor low-level employees to death, and some of the things that happen at certain theme parks are best left unsaid. Under all that sparkle is, well.... something that's probably similar to alot of the villains that have appeared in many of the movies that bear Disney's name. Like any corporation, they care only about their bottom line, and pleasing their shareholders.

That's the hard lesson I learned: never become beholden to a corporation, never give them loyalty. A corporation is like a robot: It does not feel, it does not care, it cannot be your "friend" even if it is programmed to repeat that word. Individual people within the corporation can, sure, but.... the people that REALLY run things, the corporate overlords, are almost robots themselves, icy as they are.

So yeah, while Disney's name is well known for good reason... I wouldnt trust that company any further than I could throw the planet Jupiter. But the people that actually MAKE the things they put out, those people are deserving of respect.

What I miss the most was "Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color".

It's what made Sunday nights special for so long when I was a kid.

I guess Hayley Mills will always be my first love. :cool:
Haley was adorable and had such presence I adored her. I too miss WWofColor. It was such the perfect nestle up and enjoy. Tune everyone out and let yourself be free. Ah I did love WWof Color....

Haley was adorable and had such presence I adored her. I too miss WWofColor. It was such the perfect nestle up and enjoy. Tune everyone out and let yourself be free. Ah I did love WWof Color....
Haley made me giggle when she would sing, don't know why, but every time she sang I couldn't help but giggle.

Scarecrow of Romney Marsh, Fighting Prince of Donegal, everything Davy Crockett, The Great Locomotive Chase, Greyfriar's Bobby", etc. etc. So many great movies and animated features. Loved all those animal presentations usually narrated by Rex Allen.

And in an earlier era when such programming could be found in the movie theaters as short presentations. Always fun to see in between movies.

Sigh- those were the days...:cool:

The art that went into the early movies. I learned animation as a child by drawing in homemade flip books where you slightly alter the drawings page by page. Then you page through to see movement. Later in life I learned to use early software animation programs.

Got it. Well said. Nice expression. I do love the corporation and all products they put out.
I completely understand where you are coming from. I don't disagree with your opinion. I don't agree with your opinion. BUT... I do hear you.

I think all of anyone who works at any challenging job any demanding work environment deserves my respect, which is why I will give it.

I always have mixed thoughts on something like this.

Like, okay, I absolutely adored Nintendo as a kid, right? Mario, Link, Samus, all of their pals, some of my favorite characters ever. Or Bowser, my favorite villain character, period. All came from that company. They made amazing stuff. The NES is still something I go back to frequently, and that includes alot of the niche games. To say I was a fan was an understatement.

And to a degree, I still am. But as an adult, I'm alot more.... jaded. Particularly after having watched the industry as a whole corrode, and also having learned alot from family members who are "big business" types, I understand alot more about how a corporation works.

And I realized: what I really loved wasnt so much Nintendo itself, it was VERY SPECIFIC people & groups, the devs and designers, that worked within that corporation. When viewed as a whole, Nintendo as a corporate entity has.... issues. They're nowhere near as bad/broken as alot of other game publishers, but I very strongly suspect that this is entirely due to the fact that they are a Japanese company. Different values and whatnot.

And I look at Disney the same way. Yeah, I grew up with their stuff, sure. I've seen all the classics, and there's alot of respect for the people that created those. I still remember (well, vaguely) seeing Lion King in the theater. But at the same time.... I realize that the Disney CORPORATION is completely different. Uncaring and cold-hearted, just like pretty much all corporations in this country. They work their poor low-level employees to death, and some of the things that happen at certain theme parks are best left unsaid. Under all that sparkle is, well.... something that's probably similar to alot of the villains that have appeared in many of the movies that bear Disney's name. Like any corporation, they care only about their bottom line, and pleasing their shareholders.

That's the hard lesson I learned: never become beholden to a corporation, never give them loyalty. A corporation is like a robot: It does not feel, it does not care, it cannot be your "friend" even if it is programmed to repeat that word. Individual people within the corporation can, sure, but.... the people that REALLY run things, the corporate overlords, are almost robots themselves, icy as they are.

So yeah, while Disney's name is well known for good reason... I wouldnt trust that company any further than I could throw the planet Jupiter. But the people that actually MAKE the things they put out, those people are deserving of respect.

The art that went into the early movies. I learned animation as a child by drawing in homemade flip books where you slightly alter the drawings page by page. Then you page through to see movement. Later in life I learned to use early software animation programs.

YES, love it.

Scarecrow of Romney Marsh, Fighting Prince of Donegal, everything Davy Crockett, The Great Locomotive Chase, Greyfriar's Bobby", etc. etc. So many great movies and features. Loved all those animal presentations usually narrated by Rex Allen.

Sigh- those were the days...:cool:

No disagreement here. LOVE them. . and Rex Allen's voice... like a storyteller reading a book before bedtime, soothing. ;)

I have many art of animation books. I enjoy them all. I appreciate all forms of the disney drawings, sketches, cartoon-ISM ... CGI, MOCAP, all of it.

I never saw a full length Disney animation until I was 25 and I've seen a few since then. The only Disney film I saw before then was The Black Hole in the cinema.
Maybe because of that my attitude to Disney on the whole is basically "meh". I can see why kids like much of their product but I don't have that nostalgic connection with it so news of their latest offering doesn't excite me. As a lover of escapist movies though, I worry for the future of the industry now a single corporate entity owns so many of it's former rivals. Corporate monoliths and creativity are not easy bedfellows.

I never saw a full length Disney animation until I was 25 and I've seen a few since then. The only Disney film I saw before then was The Black Hole in the cinema.
Maybe because of that my attitude to Disney on the whole is basically "meh". I can see why kids like much of their product but I don't have that nostalgic connection with it so news of their latest offering doesn't excite me. As a lover of escapist movies though, I worry for the future of the industry now a single corporate entity owns so many of it's former rivals. Corporate monoliths and creativity are not easy bedfellows.

Understood. Your voice is being heard. I don't agree I don't disagree but you are being heard. Well if your feeling to DISNEY is "meh" this thread will bore you, lol, if it hasn't already.

New Threads

Top Bottom