• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Looking a lot younger?

I'm turning 31 in a few days and people still question whether or not I'm of legal age (18), They even question my Driver's license too sometimes.

Though after being introduced to a link about Fragile X (the genetic disorder of the X chromosome), this is one of the key traits among others that is widely seen in males.

After reading the list of key traits I have quite a few, though never had the genetic test done or talked about it to my doctor about it.

That would explain so much about myself.

36 years here with multiple sclerosis. I also had a heroin problem that lasted 11 years. Still not showing it on the surface though, as in I still get carded. ;-)

Wow, still asked to show I.D. at 36. Why isn't anyone (as far as I know) conducting research into this? So many with autism/A.S. look much younger than they are, and one would think that there would be intense interest in a potential treatment or cure for old age. The companies that promote dodgy cream treatments for wrinkles would go out of business overnight, and the person to discover the way to prevent people from ageing would become the richest person on the planet.

Wow, still asked to show I.D. at 36. Why isn't anyone (as far as I know) conducting research into this? So many with autism/A.S. look much younger than they are, and one would think that there would be intense interest in a potential treatment or cure for old age. The companies that promote dodgy cream treatments for wrinkles would go out of business overnight, and the person to discover the way to prevent people from ageing would become the richest person on the planet.
I seldom see literature on halting or drastically slowing the "rate of aging" in humans. Since this would be of interest for most of us, I can not understand why we are not hearing more about scientific efforts in this direction. I am currently of the view that a child born today might with reason expect to live to be around 140 years of age. I am not offering a prediction, just a point of view.

I'm 26 and several people have commented that I look like I'm about 18. However, I've also been told that I act like I'm about 40.

I have been told this my whole life. I am 25 and people think I am like 19. When I was 19 people thought I was 14. When I was 14 people thought I was 11. But it's weird because I was an early bloomer. I got boobs when I was 9 and my first period when I was 11.

I'm now 31 and have been ID'd since turning 31. People mistake me for a teenager. Worse still, a few times I've been mistaken for a 12 year old boy.... Admittedly I was dressed up in halloween gear but still.... a 12 year old boy!!!??!! (I'm not very big chested at all though)

I'm now 31 and have been ID'd since turning 31. People mistake me for a teenager. Worse still, a few times I've been mistaken for a 12 year old boy.... Admittedly I was dressed up in halloween gear but still.... a 12 year old boy!!!??!! (I'm not very big chested at all though)
I feel uncomfortable dating women my age unless they are on the spectrum like me....it feels like I'm dating my mother.:(
But I have had trouble finding aspie or auti ladies my age as most are married...seeing as they are sought after for their youthful looks.:( Sigh!:confused: a rotten deal, I look young and pretty for my age, but the ladies I should date are mostly gone!:(

I feel uncomfortable dating women my age unless they are on the spectrum like me....it feels like I'm dating my mother.:(
But I have had trouble finding aspie or auti ladies my age as most are married...seeing as they are sought after for their youthful looks.:( Sigh!:confused: a rotten deal, I look young and pretty for my age, but the ladies I should date are mostly gone!:(

Date whoever you are attracted to , not some hypothetical guideline about women that you " should " be dating .

Date whoever you are attracted to , not some hypothetical guideline about women that you " should " be dating .
I am trying spaghetti plate on the wall, whatever ends up sticking with me well gets the ring. I have no clue on what is best any more at my age as the field is picked over...I settle for breathing and reasonably kind and attractive lady.:rolleyes:...I do like auti and aspie ladies better tho.:)

This is so amazing!! I am 43, most people are shocked or think I am fibbing,
"No really, how old are you?" I don't think I look ten years younger but some people do guess around 34 or so. Older people, as in older then me by 10 or 20 years have guessed 25 after I was actually 40. I'm not tiny or anything, I have eating disorders, or really bad metabolizm :/ I eat more than lots of people but I eat less than plenty who are much smaller than me...
anyways. They still get jealous of me. I think I look weird but I don't get it. Maybe it's my natural blonde hair? I dyed it once but that was over 20 years ago. My parents looked younger than they were too. My dad was 62 when he died, but before he was sick he looked still in his 30s at 55 I do not exaggerate. My mom could have passed for 39 at 52. I always just thought it was luck that they both had genes like that. But I'm becoming sure they were aspies too. I am getting giddy reading stuff by you guys, it makes me feel like I am finally not alone in the world. Its very refreshing.

I'm very short, and just generally look/dress a lot younger so people assume I'm 16-18 a lot. It doesn't bother me as much as it used to, but some people can go too far and say rude comments. I'm happy to be myself even if it means looking youthful :p

Walmart? It's no accident. That's policy. I see it happen all the time there. ;)
A few years ago I heard a [true] story about a man in UK who was buying some wine to celebrate his 80-something birthday, but because he had no ID to proove that he was over 18, he was not sold the wine!! But seriously.... he was a pensioner, that just takes the biscuit!

A few years ago I heard a [true] story about a man in UK who was buying some wine to celebrate his 80-something birthday, but because he had no ID to proove that he was over 18, he was not sold the wine!! But seriously.... he was a pensioner, that just takes the biscuit!

We have a strange law in Idaho. The state issues IDs such as state ID, drivers license or carry permit. All of these are acceptable IDs for purchasing alcohol or tobacco products. Unless they are expired. Then retailers will not accept them as proof of age. Now, I can see how if a drivers license is expired, you should not drive until you get it renewed. But just because it is expired, does not mean that you are not you anymore. Or that you are not old enough to purchase alcohol or tobacco products.

How I found out about this is a interesting story. When my youngest son was in his early twenties, I was taking him home and he asked me to stop at a store so that he could go in and get a six pack of beer. He had a state issued ID with his picture and birth date on it, but it was expired. So they would not sell him the beer. The clerk said that by law he could not sell him the beer, just because his ID was expired. So I said that I would buy the beer and they would not sell it to me because I was buying it for him. He apologized and said that was the way he had to do it because of the law.

New Threads

Top Bottom