• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Looking a lot younger?

I'm 31 and people tell me I look like I'm either in my early twenties or late teens... I don't mind really, it's actually quite funny. When I last tried going to high school when I was 24, no one noticed and when I told them how old I was, they were shocked because they thought I was also 15/16 like them.

Does anyone else have this? I have read that it is an Asperger trait! Is it a curse or a blessing?

I look 10 years younger (and act like one -I was stuck with a teenage mentality for 15 years..) and people are shocked when they hear my age. I do appreciate my looks, but I hate it when their face drops and they're like, "wow, that old"? Lol. Yeah, I'm 31 and look like 21. My two female AS friends also look and act 10 years younger (other is 37 and other 43)! :wub:

Yes! People always assume I am exactly 12 years younger than my actual age. I liked it at first, even though it surprised me (still does), but now it's started to freak me out. Why do random people always assume I am 24 years old? That is the same number I'm given every fricking time! Even though I find it weird, I am thankful because it sure beats looking way older than my actual age!

Not quite sure about this one, but nearly every female that I've made friends with call me cute. I don't say anything, but I'd like to at least be called manly.
That thing about being cute versus manly was one of the misunderstandings I had when I was young. A girl told me I was cute and I took offense. It was years later I realized she was saying she liked me.

I'm 40 and according to various quizzes on Facebook I look about 28, but as long as I look over 18 I don't care, I need to be able to get served in Pubs when Dad's not there.

I think I'm finally growing out of it, but I do enjoy getting carded for alcohol still. I went out for someone's birthday once and she was 4 years younger than me. The waitress points a finger at me and says, 'I need to see YOUR ID.' My 24 year old friend and her friend weren't carded, but I was. I enjoy looking young. It runs in my family.

I've always looked young, it's only fun till you get hit on by creepy old men. I'm tempted to get a taser to deal with them if it keeps happening. I'm 36 years old, omg.... It does put a damper on trying to make friends with adults.

I don't do make-up because of the humidity and I literally feel suffocated when I have them on. I do try to wear nice clothes with graphics that I like that aren't childish but they fit my body well. I wear sunscreen on my face and neck so I don't get wrinkles.

This kid in his 20s sees me (I’m 44-yrs-old) in the park and asked me if he could talk to me, that he had seen me so pretty there, that he wanted to talk to me. I said, “sure”, and then he asked me for my FB profile. ‘Excellent, I thought; I wrote in my bio that I was 44 yrs-old, so he’ll just read it’. I show it to him and then I thought, case closed.
No.
He actually asked me to be his friend and sent me a PM. Ok maybe he didn’t read my age.
‘I’m 44 yrs-old, how old are you?’
The next day, he says:
-So? Do we go out?!:eek:

And there’s more. I just signed in a dating site, and even though I wrote in my settings “40+”, people of any age can start a chat with me. This “20” year old started talking to me:eek:... and even though it says clearly that I’m 44... he asked several times if I was kidding.

TL/DR 18 pages. Would be nice but hasn't been the case here, except when I was younger than 10 and was still tiny from a birth defect. Shortly after I caught up quickly. When I was 16 people thought I was early 20s and didn't belong in the teen hangout. When I was 21 I never got carded for anything. I've had people at work shocked that I didn't go to school with my dad's generation. Likewise my dad and I have been confused as brothers more than once.

Yes, I don’t know why. I have tried to grow out a beard but it looks horrendous on me to be honest.

The only strategy I suggest is waiting it out.

New Threads

Top Bottom