• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Linguistic exchange with french family

You know what might be fun? Finding a Cajun or Creole family to exchange with. My daughter's dad's family is heavily Cajun. They are descended from the Acadian French who were expelled from Canada and settled in Louisiana. They married in with the Indians, escaped African American slaves, and the Spanish, and formed their own wonderful culture and cuisine. They speak English, but use some words that are influenced by French Creole, and are very proud of their French heritage.

Welcome :)

I see you found somewhere in the States from your earlier post.

I do hope it may be in one of the two Carolinas or Virginia, I do so love those American accents the best! A very nice southern charm twang to his english would be a great choice for an American accent!

If your not sure what I’m speaking of, an old TV show you can google on youtube called “Andy Griffith Show” (in black and white) is from North Carolina, they speak it beautifully!

Hello,
My name is Didier, I am 45 years old and I live in France in Versailles near Paris. Thanks to my children's diagnoses, I self-diagnosed with Asperger's autism.
I am married and the father of 4 children, 2 of whom are recognized as having Asperger's autism.
Kilian, 14, wants to become bilingual and learn the English language perfectly. For that, we are looking for a family who would accept to receive our son during 2 or 3 weeks of July or August in 2 or 3 years. And we would receive the teenager from the host family in our home.
I think a teenager with the same characteristics as our son would be ideal.
Thank you in advance for your feedback.

Welcome :)

I see you found somewhere in the States from your earlier post.

I do hope it may be in one of the two Carolinas or Virginia, I do so love those American accents the best! A very nice southern charm twang to his english would be a great choice for an American accent!

If your not sure what I’m speaking of, an old TV show you can google on youtube called “Andy Griffith Show” (in black and white) is from North Carolina, they speak it beautifully!

thank you for this information

You were extremely rude to laugh at my last question not last comment!why am I surprised
Please excuse me for offending you. I have been to the USA several times before and I realized that my UK English was well understood. I thought you were laughing while writing this.

New Threads

Top Bottom