• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Light up toy fish tank/aquarium

Xinyta

Lost wandering entity
I had a memory last night about a toy fish tank I use to have as a kid. It was something I always liked. It was actually my favorite thing to have on and running at night. Something about it lit up and running was just... comforting.

iu

It looked similar to this. But mine was a plug in, not battery operated.

Anyone else have this or something like it?

Oh, yes! This is what made me later really like all those virtual aquarium games i like, they're just soothing, and i like decorating and knowing that those fishes definitely won't die if i overfeed them :)
There were also similar pens i liked, something like this, when you move the pen fishes move inside in that liquid:
1705069773889.jpeg

I have four real aquariums in my living area.
A little bit more work, but soothing just the same.

Oh, yes! This is what made me later really like all those virtual aquarium games i like, they're just soothing, and i like decorating and knowing that those fishes definitely won't die if i overfeed them :)
There were also similar pens i liked, something like this, when you move the pen fishes move inside in that liquid:
View attachment 124303

The pens would totally be a distraction for me. Heck, I find it hard to rip myself away from the picture you posted right now. lol

It does make me wonder what happened though. I just kinda left it as a memory, but not continued that comfort into my life. I know my time growing up was crappy. But it shouldn't of affected things I like. I have something to think about now.

The pens would totally be a distraction for me. Heck, I find it hard to rip myself away from the picture you posted right now. lol
Yeah, I saw similar stuff - albeit with a "Dinosaur" or "Space" theme - been used by other kids when I was still at school. It used to distract me a fair bit. :D

What do you keep? I have 2 tropical tanks and 4 shrimp tanks lol.
Right now just two are stocked, one with goldfish and the 29er has glowfish barbs in it.

One of the 55s housed a red bellied piranha until it's demise and the other is waiting for fishing season to house baitfish.

I engineered and built a automatic drain and refill system with float valves and ball valves that is tied to a reverse osmosis filtering setup and tied into my house drains.
It gives me a 25% water change on all four rigs at the flip of a switch.

All of the poly tubing is either running behind the rigs or under my floors in my basement.

The fill and drain system float valves are housed in plastic covers designed to hide wooden 4x4 lumber with the added caps just to hide my two float valves that make it fool proof.
20210128_221824.jpg

20210128_221843.jpg

My bathroom closet is where the filter rig and solenoid valve system reside.

All of that is controlled with a mechanical timer switch so the filter rig doesn't have to run any more than necessary.
Generally once a week, I hit the switch for the drain cycle then crank up the timer afterwards for the refills.

My goldfish live in a 45 gallon bowfront with a 100 gallon capacity under cabinet filtering system because they are such dirty little critters ;)

Uh, oh. You've got one of them Glitter Nibblers. They are the hardest fish to catch with your bare hand, haha.

I am thinking of getting some new fish as we have recently relocated and am thinking about danios again.i used to hsve the tank lit up next to the bed,very therapeutic

New Threads

Top Bottom