• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Xinyta

Lost wandering entity
It's My Birthday!
If you were called into the town of Silent Hill, what would your own psychological demon(s) look like?

(Disclaimer: This IS NOT a religious topic. Merely a discussion about what you'd see, based on internal issues of the psyche.)

I've always had a fascination with such a concept. Especially since SH2 was on the bases of personal experience and psychological trauma of the individual. It made a very vague, subconscious topic, more digestible.

Obviously not all who have internal demons, can overcome them. But it's part of the processes to face them. And the idea that it can be brought out in physical form, is such a cool concept. A town with the power to actually have you face your worst self, in the intention of self healing.

In any case. I have a few ideas of my own for what I'd see. What about you?

@Xinyta

If you can locate and post a clear definition of "psychological demon"
that would be very useful.

I don't know if it is my alexithymia or something different, but my lack of emotional responses have not allowed me to internalize events in my life as "trauma". I have had plenty of life-threatening things happen to me in my many years, it was over and done with, and barely even spoken about. I didn't internalize the actions of bullies as mean and certainly didn't effect me at all. On one hand, I wish I could be more emotional when it comes to expressing happiness, on the other hand, being disconnected likely saved me several times.

Upon entering Silent Hill, I am immediately chased by Balloon people wielding foot long needles. Fleeing from them, I find my path blocked by the Mattress men who want to rip my ears off. I escape by entering a stout tall stone building. After locking and barring the door, I go up some narrow stairs only to hear a strange creaking noise coming from outside. Looking out the window I am horrified to see a mob of walking Walnuts wheeling giant Nutcrackers up against the walls...

I don't think I know how to play this game. Psychology is not one of my strengths.

;)

@Xinyta

If you can locate and post a clear definition of "psychological demon"
that would be very useful.

Fair enough.

I am uncertain if I should share image examples from the actual games, due to the graphic nature of most of them.

However, psychological demons are a description of negative traits of the self, influenced by a traumatic event in thier life and/or flaws of thier personally. Feelings, thoughts, and desires. In the case of how Silent Hill functions. The spiritual power of the town manifests those things into creatures and other entities which make the most sense to the human mind to comprehend. Depending on the person, the psychological demons manifested can have twisted, mangled forms. Or they can be forms that can be humanoid. Even animalistic forms.

A obvious example to consider is the Red Pyramid Thing, colloquially known as 'Pyramid Head' by the fanbase.

Pyramid Head is a humanoid enitity that obviously has a rusted pyramid shaped helmet on it's head. The only in game acknowlgement that James Sunderland, the main character of SH2, states that explains thier purpose is that it's a sort of tormentor to James. A enitity created to punish James for what he has done. In some sense, a representation of his self-loathing. Though there is a interesting theory out there that considers Pyramid Head as James's ID. A manifestation of his worst traits. Kinda like a demon on his shoulder. But then we are digging into psychoanalytics.

But barring that. There are other varieties that can be more or less humanoid that could represent many things. Lust, Hatred, Fear, etc.

Honestly, it is kinda hard to explain without images, which makes this tricky.

Last edited:
So, to be 100% honest, I don't actually know what I would see if I stepped into Silent Hill, but I'd be interested to find out what my demons look like, if any.

I'd also be interested in the scenario that led me to the town in the first place, or the scenario that led the town or aspects of the town to me.

One of my strongest autistic traits is getting lost, so that would probably be the strongest theme. I know it sounds like a bit of a lazy answer, getting lost in an empty town where you can't see more than a few feet because of the fog, but maybe that would factor into it. Maybe that would be the scariest thing, LITERALLY NOTHING. No people, no animals, no demons, no noises, nothing. Maybe I would get the worst ending: Wander around the town, encounter literally nothing, get completely lost, be unable to find any way out at all and starve.

One of my strongest autistic traits is getting lost, so that would probably be the strongest theme. I know it sounds like a bit of a lazy answer, getting lost in an empty town where you can't see more than a few feet because of the fog, but maybe that would factor into it. Maybe that would be the scariest thing, LITERALLY NOTHING. No people, no animals, no demons, no noises, nothing. Maybe I would get the worst ending: Wander around the town, encounter literally nothing, get completely lost, be unable to find any way out at all and starve.

I don't think it's lazy. I think there is viability in it.

The town does adjust itself environmentally to the individual. The fog world being the conscious mind, and the otherworld being more misunderstood subconscious mind.

I could see some kinda creatures based off your fear of being lost. But the town will indirectly guild you too, for every hurdle you do overcome. Leaving some crumb of info that will lead you to more answers.

My demon dream was that I buried my pet fish (whom I love to shreds) in pet Cemetary. The demon was cursing the silence and so ...
Sometimes, just sometimes a crow carries the souls back from the dead to right what was wrong.
Despite 'we never danced'
The demon was to lure action, and the prayer to be answered with love!!

My dementia is starting to kick in....so I'm going to bury myself on silent hill thread..

In memory of oblivion or what it meant to me...
I suppose he never remembered me or we never met, so in this lifetime I never met my soul-mate. Apart of me will always regret my decision-broken because there was a beauty in decision to never have children in absence of love and that earth really needed less people.

Perhaps my time is up and it's for younger people to explore world and make a difference.
Sad ending to oblivion: he never remembered me, he wasn't different or he'd changed his soul destiny path....maybe we just never met in this life

(The demons were hidden in mirrors, their evil would show as mask came off...but the demons have no more power, and I care not for what show is next, for I know their souls are empty divide that they cover up with lies and acts to cover emptiness hold inside (in reference to mocking demons who laugh as steal your work and soul, taunt you into arguments and other fights) but their greatest strength was my memory loss, and it played me down until I remembered, I remembered everything, and then suddenly my life changed.
.my crow is laid to rest, my battles in life over.

New Threads

Top Bottom