• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Let us increase our physical activity!

Metalhead

Video game and movie addict.
V.I.P Member
I am looking for motivational partners to keep me accountable when it comes to hitting the gym, going on long walks, hell even playing some DDR on the PS2 counts as a workout.

Let us motivate each other and eventually be buff and ripped. Currently, I can only bench press 140. I need to work on that.

@Metalhead, I love the accountability idea. All I want to do is to go walking at lunch twice a week. Think I've done that at all yet? Nope. I'll stop in next weekend & see how you're doing. You can ask me if I got my two days of walking in.

I'm so unfit at the moment that just thinking about exercise makes me break out in a sweat. But I'll start. Soon....

I have stepped up my game because exercise enabled me to take a particularly demanding job and survive. Even my boss asked if l would be able to lift trays, l just said yes, but honestly l had no clue if it was possible. But l did it.

Going to the gym and doing the machines and doing cardio and not giving up. And if you workout now, you may live a longer healthier life. The other benefit, it really slows down cognitive decline which may happen if you just park yourself and never get up from the couch.

So today 40 mins jogging pretty fast on treadmill. And did the shoulder press along with a couple other machines. And 10 mins on elliptical.

Last edited:
I am going to start doing tai chi with weapons. I will start in private with the goal of finding a class and others to practice and spar with.

I may not become buff and ripped, but I could take on someone who is. :smilingimp:

I don't really care about being buff or ripped, but I've been working out everyday for the past few years simply because I've fallen in love with it. If anyone needs an accountability partner or cheap exercise ideas, I can help :)

I am looking for motivational partners to keep me accountable when it comes to hitting the gym, going on long walks, hell even playing some DDR on the PS2 counts as a workout.

Let us motivate each other and eventually be buff and ripped. Currently, I can only bench press 140. I need to work on that.
The workout I posted above should help. It targets all of the muscle groups and works your cardio. If you need help, send me a message.

I can’t run, ride a bike or lift weights but I go for a long walk or hike every day.
I have very defined calf muscles but my thighs are huge lol

I dont drive so I often walk To places and am trying to make more of an effort to not accept a ride to places that can easily be reached by train or by walking — even if it does take some time compared to 15 minutes by car to the nearby town that is 40 minutes walk. I am also walking to my workshop more often now, even in the rain like on Sunday. That’s about 15 minutes. Its just nice to get outside and have fresh air. also do HIIT and started doing some weight training.

OK, I am going to commit to going to the gym at least four times a week, for both cardio and strength training. I also am going to commit to limiting myself to one can of soda a day. I need to lose my belly. All of my fat is there, and that is the worst place for it.

I cant lift things, like, at all... a gallon of milk, that's too much and I'll likely just hurt myself, nerve/tendon issues... but I can walk and just keep walking.

When it's not frozen and/or soggy outside (because there's nowhere to go if that's the case). Which it currently is. Lately I'm reduced to just doing laps around the basement. This is exactly as much fun as it sounds.

I've also got a variety of exercises given to my by my physical therapist, so I do those too, though the yellow ribbon thing I used for the main exercise rotted away, which is apparently a thing that happens, I need to figure out where the newer one was and get that set up.

I've also got foam roll exercises. All the PT stuff isnt about strength though, it's more about mobility and keeping things from seizing up. Or just hurting a whole lot.

In an overall sense, I dont exactly have any need to lose weight though. I'm at just about 150 and I dont eat all that much.

I'll commit to ensuring my 7-day and 10-day step counts stay above 10000 / day and that I don't do less than 6000 steps on any single day.

I keep a log on my spreadsheet of daily steps, specific walks taken if any and pace, along with the weather.

Walking isn't much of a problem for me. It is a great cardio exercise that doesn't involve a lot of joint impact. Lately, the weather has kept me inside, so I joined a gym where I hit the treadmill and do some weight training.

I used to go to the gym religiously in my 20s and 30s. (Somewhere, I have a photo of me benching the entire stack on a weight machine at Keesler AFB.) One day, I tore the meniscus of my right knee doing leg presses, and it never really healed. Soon after, I discovered that I'd gotten my collagen from the Walmart discount rack, and this pain would be a likely pattern going forward. Been plagued by arthritis in many joints ever since.

Now I'm back in the gym after 30 years and working out with about a third the weight. If I do not keep things moving, I could lose that range of motion and what strength I retain. I also want to lose 10-15 lbs. and start doing 15 mile freehikes again. Rebuilding my cardio will help a lot with that.

Man... I would love to master my physical health. I've literally never been in shape. I've never known what it feels like to be healthy. But I detest physical activity.

It doesn't make sense to me that I'm expected to just change that about myself. I would love to see that same amount of societal pressure applied to people who don't like to read or who don't know how to play an instrument for example. The world might be a more interesting place.

New Threads

Top Bottom