• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

LDR suspect aspie girlfriend, stopped dating recently

anonymous_alias

Hello, I'm new to this board and recently just found out about it. Just after trying to deal with a hard breakup with a girl I've known for around half a year. Even though we haven't taken this relationship physical yet, and it's still online, we still tried our best to make it as realistic and fun as possible. We are young, I am 16 and she is almost 17. The beginning of our relationship was awesome, we were very attached to each other and talked on Skype/Mumble every day. I loved this girl and I knew she loved me. We even had plans of meeting later in 2016. I am not sure if I am aspie, but I can be very compulsive. We both shared very strong interests with video games, and we hung out on Steam every day. She always seemed more involved and obsessed than I was, but we still had a blast. But later on in our relationship, I would say about 3-4 months in, she would have unexpected bursts of anger, to the point where I feel like I was walking on eggshells with her sometimes, making sure I didn't say something to her that would make her upset. In these bursts of anger would include very vulgar and rude comments, and she would act like she was a sadist. I tried my best to calm her down, but after my attempts I usually got the cold shoulder, sometimes going a day without talking to me. However this did not happen all the time, and she said she doesn't mean it and it's her "tourettes", even though I'm not sure how accurate that is. It wasn't until today I would suspect her to be an aspie.

Christmas 2015 I built her a PC that was roughly $500 so she could play more games that she wanted, call me a fool but I really loved this girl. I thought she deserved it and in the beginning it was always a fair relationship. That changed shortly after I shipped this to her. She seemed to have lost interest with me, and when I would do nice things for her, such as get her gifts and compliment her, she would blow them off like they were nothing. This is where I started getting a bit frustrated because of the lack of interest, I feel like I was being mistreated and she wasn't acting like her normal self.

Two weeks ago I told her that if I didn't get a fair treatment in this relationship that I wouldn't want to be a part of it anymore. This is what I regret, but it was the truth. After that she felt extremely pressured and started debating if she wanted to be in a relationship anymore. I told her that it didn't have to be stressful, and I said I'd give her all the time she needed, but I wanted her to still message me.

I have tried messaging her because I get worried and because of my compulsion I stated earlier, and I may have messaged her too often, possibly getting on her nerves.

One day she sends me "I don't even know if we are dating anymore" which makes me upset.

Although on Saturday prior to talking for an hour together she messaged me "we aint over, dont worry"

From this day she has mostly cut me out, playing GTA 5 with her other friends and hasn't messaged me for a couple days. It gets on my nerves a bit but I still have some faith that we can get together again. I really love this girl and would like any advice that I can get.

If there is any information that you'd like me to include I would be willing to do so, thank you.

I'm sorry to hear of your troubles.

I don't have any advice, but when I was your age, I just thought that dating was too much trouble so I simply didn't participate. Not that I didn't want to or had the opportunity, just that it would have been too fraught with interpersonal drama I wouldn't have understood.

When I did finally start dating in my early twenties, I was able to deal with the emotional ups and downs of the whole endeavor much better. Not that I didn't get hurt, dumped unceremoniously, treated poorly, or do some of the same to those I was dating. It's hard.

New Threads

Top Bottom