• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Last thing that made you think or say"WTH?!"

Wait.... is that what the email actually said? That sentence? I just.... what?

I've had several of those emails lately, as I'm on a Mission to get a job before the end of the year, I can't work full time though because for various reasons I can't come off benefits so I can only work a maximum of 15 hours a week at minimum UK wage.

Okay, I've got a new one here:

I go into a gas station. The local Shell station, I often get my drink from there (Mountain Dew from the fountain machine... must feed caffeine addiction...).

I'm looking around a bit, and there's this rack of... something. It wasnt there before. A bunch of white boxes with some sort of thing on the front and some letters.

Now, I'm pretty nearsighted, so I'm trying to squint at this thing without walking all the way over there (because that solution would have been too obvious), and suddenly the guy behind the counter spots me and says "Oh, do you want to see what they do?" And I just nod.

He turns around, there's this sort of odd buzzing sound like some sort of really oversized bee, and then he turns back and lets go this.... thing. It looked like some sort of multi-faceted crystal ball with multicolored lights in the center. Which proceeded to fly lazily around the room at random, on what looked like three propellers stacked on top of each other (I'm sure this makes sense somehow).

Needless to say, an unexpected flying ball of glowing lunacy is not at all what I would think I'd spot in a gas station. I quickly noticed, also, that the thing was uncontrolled. As in, it had no controls at all. It's just roaming on it's own. No remote or anything. And the guy is just sort of standing there, watching it. Now, I've been getting into drone piloting recently (a bloody expensive hobby, that) and I've seen some of the things that can happen when drones are allowed to get a bit too loopy. Having some ideas as to what could go wrong and picturing the thing conking someone on the head or getting caught in someone's hair, I carefully plucked it out of the air and shut it off (was this what he was waiting for me to do? I seriously have no idea). Gave it to the guy and said "Huh, I've never seen one like that" which is an understatement.

I mean, my experience with drones so far is that they can be more than a little surreal, but... THAT thing was a different level of weird.

And yes I'm going to buy one.

Having computer problems and trying to fix them. When I do fix them and then it turns out that I should have gone with my gut instinct instead of making it harder for myself

Violence where kids as young as 10 got hurt at the Middlesbrough versus Sheffield United Football game yesterday Afternoon! Hence my topic earlier about Football violence.

I saw the report on Sheffield Star's Facebook page this morning and was literally like, WTH?!

Last edited:
Whoever thought it was a good idea to have a crossover between Tom and Jerry and Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.

I did a video interview for Three last week and they still haven't got back to me either way regarding a proper interview, what the actual?!

I did a video interview for Three last week and they still haven't got back to me either way regarding a proper interview, what the actual?!

I had a similar issue with another job. I waited for weeks before I eventually rang them up to ask and get the answer that I hadn't been successful.
Apparently with some/most jobs, if you don't receive any reply after a certain amount of time following an interview then you have to assume you weren't successful.

I had a similar issue with another job. I waited for weeks before I eventually rang them up to ask and get the answer that I hadn't been successful.
Apparently with some/most jobs, if you don't receive any reply after a certain amount of time following an interview then you have to assume you weren't successful.

Well as it happens I've had a voicemail on the Mobile this afternoon, while my phone's been on charge, I think it's from either Three or HMV as I've applied to both, I'll get the message back up tomorrow and ring up, they said they want to discuss my application further.

However, if they do want me to go for further interview, I'll have to do it on Thursday morning, I'm busy Thursday PM and we're going up to Scarborough for the day Friday.

Well that job I got a message about was for Santander, I've been trying to ring them all week with no success, left 2 messages asking her to ring me.

Last edited:
I noticed that all my posts in this category are about my boyfriend's friends... *sigh*
I think this topic deserves its own thread.

I just had an email from Argos, based on my questionnaire answers I was unsuccessful, I'm sorry but what the actual?! Any excuse to not employ the disabled.

Equal opportunities my ass.

My moment was after patiently listening to someone rant for an hour on the phone (and I detest phone calls) about how stupid the person is who is letting them live in their house for free, they complain some more that the person actually expects them to help clean and fix up the house a little. Then, they tell me what a good person they are. Then, to top it off they ask me to break the most important promise a person can make. Then they laughed and said that for me it doesn't matter. :mad::mad::mad:

Last edited:
My local A&E
Actually the same thing, yesterday I went up to our local A&E with my friend who had been suffering intermittent blackouts and had been generally feeling very unwell for a good few days with a severe headache. In the UK they always fear a flu pandemic this time of year and people are supposed to take various precautions, yet they didn't have the slightest problem putting people coughing and spluttering in a very busy waiting room close together with everyone else, so busy that there wasn't even enough seats, but much worse one person appeared to have real flu, he was clearly very ill with what appeared to be fever and was struggling to keep upright (I moved away from him, but he had a friend or relative with him). After over 4 hours wait my friend was finally put into a "private" cubical segregated by curtains with a trolley bed where there was bits of splattered blood on the wall and over the floor, a waste bin was left open with blood dripping literally down the lid, there was old ECG stickers that had been against someone else's skin on the floor and on the side, the sheets had horrid yellow stains and when I went to the nearby toilet it absolutely reeked of urine and it looked like it hadn't been cleaned for a long time because by the right urinal the urine stains had completely dried on the floor, while it was utterly soaked in urine by the left urinal, I was glad to get out of there so I could breath freely again and this toilet was also there for the patients. I quoted "private" because the patients and visitors next door can hear everything confidential spoken by nurses and doctors, for instance the women next door to my friend was talking about wanting to terminate a pregnancy with various other very private information that I couldn't help but hear very clearly. I spoke to a really nice elderly gentleman on a trolley opposite who said he was 82, he was asking for something to eat and drink, and explained to me that he had been there for many hours and hadn't had anything since breakfast in his care home despite asking on numerous occasions (it was now around 10pm at night), he was finally given some soup, he also explained that he wanted some cream to relieve for an issue with his arm that he'd also been asking for most of the day to no avail. Later after waiting a lot longer and after finally seeing the doctor, a student doctor in a university trainee uniform came in alone to take various blood tests without asking permission since he was unqualified and unsupervised, also my friend has a phobia of needles and specifically asked for someone else to be called, but the trainee continued anyway. He then severely leaked blood all over the trolley bed sheet as well as my friend and caused him excess pain throughout, the sheets were considerably wet with a huge blood stain and he simply tucked it away by folding it underneath the top part so it was just temporarily hidden from view. He then only partly wiped the blood from my friend leaving loads and then vanished. Later a nurse was shocked asking how it happened and she at least then changed the sheet. My friend had enough and just wanted to go home and after a total of around 7 hours was finally allowed to leave, their tests were inconclusive however and they wanted to keep him in for further tests, but they later decided they couldn't simply because there was no beds available, telling him to come back if things got worse again. Throughout the horrid experience I said WTF on a number of occasions, a couple of times in my head and a couple of times with my friend when there was no hospital staff close enough to hear.

From experience some NHS hospitals in the UK are much better than others, but I understand this one is closing in around a year along with another hospital that are going to be replaced by a new much larger hospital and I wonder whether that's why it's gone so much downhill. I will be reporting what I saw however as it's disgraceful.

PS: The only actual treatment my friend received was 2 painkillers which he had to wait close to 6 hours for despite asking on numerous occasions. He is still feeling ill at home, he understandably doesn't want to go back to the hospital and is hoping to see a doctor soon, but he also wants to move doctors surgery since they're awful too, often with no appointments for over a week (I've even known them say there is no appointments at all, please try calling again tomorrow as early as possible when of course everyone is fighting to get through).

Last edited:
I came across an old thread I posted a good while back, talking about the TV series Life After People - a documentary series that looks at what could happen to Earth if every human suddenly disappeared (stating at the beginning of each episode "this isn't the story of how that might happen; it's the story of what happens to the world we leave behind").

Watching the first episode again (after the original pilot episode), it talked about if any of mankind's attempts to achieve 'immortality' would actually succeed in a world without us. One of the methods mentioned was a memory device (not sure if it's a computer disc, microchip or something else) onboard the International Space Station called "The Immortality Drive".
The Immortality Drive was created by Richard Garriot - a game developer from Houston, Texas who coined the term MMORPG and created the games Taula Rasa and Ultima. Richard also delivered the drive personally to the ISS onboard the spacecraft Soyusz TMA-13 in October 2008.

The drive serves as a digital time capsule; containing the Digitized DNA Information of numerous individuals, with the possibility that humanity could be 'recreated' in the future.

(Fast forward to 5:00)

I found the idea to be intriguing at the very least, so I decided to look for more information about whose DNA was actually on the drive - having my 'wtf' moment when I saw some of the people who had been selected: https://io9.gizmodo.com/5046660/stephen-colberts-dna-to-be-sent-into-space-become-self-aware
Surely if you're going to be sending humanity's digitized DNA into space, wouldn't you go for the cream of the crop or at least a more diverse group of men and women? I don't think television writers should be the majority of the people getting digital copies of their DNA placed in a time capsule.

Also, as the video above points out at around 12:20, putting it on the ISS might not be such a good idea...

New Threads

Top Bottom