• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Last Book You Read/Next Book You Want to Read?

I'm currently reading a collection of Icelandic Sagas (English translation). Specifically I'm on the Saga of the People of Laxardal.

^ enjoyable read?
I’ve only read Eyrbyggja Saga and Njall’s Saga.

Just started Phineas Finn by Anthony Trollope.

^ enjoyable read?
I’ve only read Eyrbyggja Saga and Njall’s Saga.

Icelandic sagas can be pretty interesting, and the Saga of the People of Laxardal is one of the longer and more interesting ones. But there are way too many people with the same name, so i can be hard for me to really track what's going on.

Icelandic sagas can be pretty interesting, and the Saga of the People of Laxardal is one of the longer and more interesting ones. But there are way too many people with the same name, so i can be hard for me to really track what's going on.

I had the same issue with One Hundred Years Of Solitude... although I’m pretty sure it’s by design in that case.

I found both hard to get into at first, but increasingly interesting and gripping as I persevered.

I had the same issue with One Hundred Years Of Solitude... although I’m pretty sure it’s by design in that case.

I found both hard to get into at first, but increasingly interesting and gripping as I persevered.
I had to look that up on Wikipedia. I really like multi-generational stories, but there's an entire section on symbolism and metaphors, which I am just awful at picking up unless it's really blatant. I'll probably have to skip this one (my future reading list is pretty long as it is)

I had to look that up on Wikipedia. I really like multi-generational stories, but there's an entire section on symbolism and metaphors, which I am just awful at picking up unless it's really blatant. I'll probably have to skip this one (my future reading list is pretty long as it is)

Yes, I didn’t really follow that level of the text tbh, just let the overall effect flow through me.
I know what you mean with the long list: I have two shelves of books to read, and still manage to buy more on a regular basis. :p

Bigtime reader. I graduated with a degree in English. I check out 3-5 library books a month, and also buy cheap used books at local book sales.

Finished the Thomas Mann novella, The Black Swan. Up next is Malcolm X's autobio.

currently: survival of the friendliest by brian hare and vanessa wood
just done: nostradamus ate my hamster by robert rankin and the first two of the koli trilogyby m.r.carey

Currently reading Njal's Saga. I plan to read about Robin Hood soon, so looking forward to that.

Right now I am reading Blackbeard's Freedom. The next book I plan to read is No Place Like Home.

The last book I read was No More Plastic: What you can do to make a difference by Martin Dorey. I'm currently reading Becoming by Michelle Obama and Absent in the Spring by Mary Westmacott (Agatha Christie's pen name for non-crime writing).

512aknfyRhL._SX336_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Finished reading that last night.

I listen to audiobooks at work so a few of my last have been. Animal Farm, 1984, brave new world, Josephus and the wars of Israel, and The hunt for Red October.

p.s forgot the Book of Enoch

Last edited:
The last book I read was The Time Machine by H.G. Wells. Gladly surprised to find such a poignant social commentary in the novel, for I expected nothing but a short sci-fi read.

Next I hope to finish Pet Sematary by Stephen King, and Beloved by Toni Morrison.

38819914._SX318_.jpg

Finished reading that one last night.
Was an action adventure sort of story.

Didn't care for it, really.
Characters were marginally interesting, but too much
was unexplained.

New Threads

Top Bottom