• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Last album you listened to?

Zesta Pota, by an old Greek group called the Katsimihas Brothers and Viva la Vida by Coldplay are my two favorite albums (and the last two I listened to.

@AGXStarseed Great album! This was one of the first albums I ever bought as a child and I obsessively listened to it. Love it! Favourite tracks - Forever Autumn and Spirit of Man.
Zesta Pota, by an old Greek group called the Katsimihas Brothers
Nice one! I have this album, it's very good. Favourite track - Ypogeio. In fact, I have all their studio albums. Favourite album - Aprili Psefti. Do you listen to any other Greek artists?

The other day, I did wonder if you were referencing the album in a reply to one of my posts, but since it is very obscure to people outside of Greece, I put it down to coincidence.

Now listening to Sieben - Star Wood Brick Firmament. Not very good, too monotonous, boring.

@AGXStarseed Great album! This was one of the first albums I ever bought as a child and I obsessively listened to it. Love it! Favourite tracks - Forever Autumn and Spirit of Man.

Thank you very much - I really like it as well. :)
Just out of curiosity, was 'Forever Autumn' released in the charts because I'm pretty sure I've heard it once or twice on the Radio (albeit without the narration or sound effects)?

Thank you very much - I really like it as well. :)
Just out of curiosity, was 'Forever Autumn' released in the charts because I'm pretty sure I've heard it once or twice on the Radio (albeit without the narration or sound effects)?
Yes - Justin Hayward (singer from the Moody Blues) - it was a big hit.

Nice one! I have this album, it's very good. Favourite track - Ypogeio. In fact, I have all their studio albums. Favourite album - Aprili Psefti. Do you listen to any other Greek artists?

The other day, I did wonder if you were referencing the album in a reply to one of my posts, but since it is very obscure to people outside of Greece, I put it down to coincidence.

Now listening to Sieben - Star Wood Brick Firmament. Not very good, too monotonous, boring.
I discovered them when I stumbled across their version of Don't Worry Be Happy. I was going through a worrisome time and so I constantly listened to the Bobby McFerrin original, and finally YouTube recommended their version. When I first heard Zesta Pota I was blown away. I understood none of what they said, but they seemed like prophets:)

My favorites are 4 and 10, Mia Vradia Sto Louki and Gela Pouli Mou (is that correct? Online they usually list the titles in old Greek, and it's Greek to me). I like all the songs. I will check out Aprili Psefti.

I have heard other Greek artists that interest me (in searches for Katsimihas material) but I don't remember any names. I also like traditional Hellenistic music. I don't speak Greek , but I know that Zesta Pota means "hot drink" because I ran it through Google translate a long time ago.

I discovered them when I stumbled across their version of Don't Worry Be Happy. I was going through a worrisome time and so I constantly listened to the Bobby McFerrin original, and finally YouTube recommended their version. When I first heard Zesta Pota I was blown away. I understood none of what they said, but they seemed like prophets:)

My favorites are 4 and 10, Mia Vradia Sto Louki and Gela Pouli Mou (is that correct? Online they usually list the titles in old Greek, and it's Greek to me). I like all the songs. I will check out Aprili Psefti.

I have heard other Greek artists that interest me (in searches for Katsimihas material) but I don't remember any names. I also like traditional Hellenistic music. I don't speak Greek , but I know that Zesta Pota means "hot drink" because I ran it through Google translate a long time ago.
Yes, "Zesta Pota" means hot drinks (it's plural). Number 4, "Tis Kiriakes apo pedi tis sihenomouna", means "I always hated Sundays as a child". Mia Bradia sto Louki, means "An evening at Louki" and "Gela pouli mou gela", means, "laugh, my bird, laugh." Number 10, "Ypogeio", means "basement" or "underground". Other bands/artists you might like are: Pyx Lax, Ypogeia Revmata, Dionysis Tsaknis.

I've found I'm much more interested in how the voice sounds along with the instruments than what story the words are telling, so I also have liked songs where I couldn't understand the words. Hadn't heard of these in particular -- I'll check them out.

Deadicated -- This was done as a rainforest benefit in 1991. It's a bunch of artists covering Grateful Dead songs, many of whom you wouldn't expect to be covering Grateful Dead Songs. There are so many great performances here that it's hard not to list all of them (15 songs total). Plus, it covers the musical waterfront. There's Indigo Girls doing Uncle John's Band, Lyle Lovett doing Friend of the Devil, Cowboy Junkies doing To Lay Me Down (never heard Edie Brickell sound better), Midnight Oil doing Wharf Rat, Dwight Yoakam doing Truckin, and so many other great songs I'd better stop now. Enjoy!

New Threads

Top Bottom