• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Ladies which internet dating site do you feel safest talking to guys on?

Maelstrom

Magical Pattern Auspie
Hi I have recovered from the carnage of my almost engagement to my very ex-girlfriend and her Ahem! family:rolleyes:. And have been doing the the homework on courting a lady properly :D, and being a worthy man and such :confused:. But I'm stuck out here in the sagebrush in the northwest USA, the near by churches pool of girls is poor and the older women rarely come back after collage. Meet ups are thin in the area, as non drinker in fairly conservative church the bar party circuit is a no go. As a preacher son I can't get near any of the lovely Mormon girls, Moma Bear comes out of the grotto to guard them when I go to the local drugstore o_O. Not to thrilled on the idea of hitting on women in Wal-mart :eek:, but am running on empty on how to meet local young professional women, short of taking a add out in the paper. So that kind of leaves the internet or moving. I have looked into the dating sites and it looks like most of the womens profiles are, (old dead fluff), as they have left long ago due to harassment by bad men. So here's the question Ladies have any of you in the past found a internet DATING SITE or FORUM where you felt, (SAFE), enough to communicate and possibly meet nice guys for coffee dates. I'm talking nice girls chatting with and meeting nice guys for hello coffee dates nothing else. So what Dating Sites or Forums did you ladies feel safest or most comfortable in.

As aggressively paranoid as I am about the internet and sharing personal details, I did meet two dudes through OK Cupid. The first would have been good for a dungeon trawl either on D&D or similar Xbox or PC game. The second would have been fun to hike outdoors with. Didn't go anywhere, but I did have 100% non-creep success with meeting people. In fairness to the other sites, I didn't try them because they all seemed to require payment. And OK Cupid did have it's fair share of bored and low-key guys that often made me wonder why I kept logging in.

As aggressively paranoid as I am about the internet and sharing personal details, I did meet two dudes through OK Cupid. The first would have been good for a dungeon trawl either on D&D or similar Xbox or PC game. The second would have been fun to hike outdoors with. Didn't go anywhere, but I did have 100% non-creep success with meeting people. In fairness to the other sites, I didn't try them because they all seemed to require payment. And OK Cupid did have it's fair share of bored and low-key guys that often made me wonder why I kept logging in.

Thankyou Ashskyler I have my eye on Ok Cupid wasn't sure if the screening procses was good enough for the ladies to stay on the site or not. It seemed like most dating sites the women last about two weeks before they bail or stop responding because of the creep factor. Did you meet your husband here on the forum?

Thankyou Ashskyler I have my eye on Ok Cupid wasn't sure if the screening procses was good enough for the ladies to stay on the site or not. It seemed like most dating sites the women last about two weeks before they bail or stop responding because of the creep factor. Did you meet your husband here on the forum?
Nah, I snagged him in college. First student I met on the first day of class, and he never got rid of me. :D

I did like OK Cupid's "you two match XX% and are XX% enemies" on the profiles. It was interesting. Sometimes I found I had better conversations with the "enemies".

Nah, I snagged him in college. First student I met on the first day of class, and he never got rid of me. :D

I did like OK Cupid's "you two match XX% and are XX% enemies" on the profiles. It was interesting. Sometimes I found I had better conversations with the "enemies".

I have heard okay cupid has extensive screening options, wasn't sure if it offset the free factor drawing in the trolls. But trolls count on high volume spamming to generate enough victims, maybe the screening blocks enough of that to push them to go elsewhere.

I have heard okay cupid has extensive screening options, wasn't sure if it offset the free factor drawing in the trolls. But trolls count on high volume spamming to generate enough victims, maybe the screening blocks enough of that to push them to go elsewhere.
I don't remember the screening processes, honestly. I think simply the more you fill out your interests in any applicable dropdown menus and fill out the quizzes is what ups your chance for an "accurate" match.

I don't remember the screening processes, honestly. I think simply the more you fill out your interests in any applicable dropdown menus and fill out the quizzes is what ups your chance for an "accurate" match.

I haven't tried them yet but from what I've read unless you do quick pick? the quizzes sort who you see automatically which would not please a troll as he would likely go to the bottom of the pile and never get looked at. The system could be beaten but sleazy people are usually lazy, so it could be worth while, maybe I will try them if I don't meet anyone first.

New Threads

Top Bottom