• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Just got diagnosed

They're stupid people saying stupid things just to keep their stupid mouth moving so people will hear their stupid thoughts, making them feel important.

But turns out they're just stupid. :)

Reading that made me laugh.

lol nice
I could. maybe if they talk quickly i can listen to it on 2x speed and watch it all. I feel like im missing important info if i skip around. I also hope they dont have therapist/yoga voice that makes it so i cant listen.

I feel the same way about it, I have days where I don't go out much, I'm not challenged
or out of my comfort zone and then don't have problems and wonder if I really do have it or not. At home I'm in my own space, my own controlled environment. I work from home, I regulate my working hours and don't have a boss or work colleagues or many other people I come into contact with, neither do I have may social contacts. Once I settle into a routine, I develop various coping mechanisms and manage. One might say that autism disappears. But as soon as I leave that comfort zone, that environment and have to adjust again, or deal with things beyond my control, that is when I start to have problems and I'm reminded of why I have the diagnosis. Then I remember the events that lead to my diagnosis, the reason why I sought the diagnosis in the first place.

I realise short videos suit some people's attention spans better, but they also lack detail and can be sparse on useful information. Rather than vlogs, I chose to work in the video essay format.
Even then it's sometimes cut back. When I covered empathy I had to split it into 3 videos and there's STILL more to cover on that topic ;) 10-20 minutes is usually the mark, unless it's a simple topic.
Anyway, welcome and I hope you feel more comfortable with your diagnosis soon.

How do I accept this diagnosis and what do I do about it? Am I autistic enough? Does this mean I'm going to get abused more? Etc. So if anyone has advice please help.

The most important advice you may ever hear regarding your own autism.

To keep it on a "need-to-know" basis only. Why? Do the math:

1) There will be a tiny number of those who will want to understand and succeed in doing so.
2) There will be more who want to understand and fail.
3) And there will be a vast majority who will default to insisting or demanding that it is you who must conform to the social majority.

As much as we all want desperately for others to understand, the odds are that they won't. Where any and all manifestations of autism on a spectrum remain quite complex to explain, let alone to understand.

New Threads

Top Bottom