• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Just got diagnosed

My suggestion is, if you continue to ruminate over this, talk to your doctor, psych or counsellor about it.

Tell them you are continuing to go over in your mind (and worry) that you may not be autistic enough. Then hopefully they can suggest something and help you stop it.

Part of the problem is that you have an awful friend. Can't you stop being friends with this person? Friends shouldn't be invalidating. That's everyone else's job. Friends should be a refuge.

Ohh, that makes way more sense! My family is the same way and gives me the same insecurities.

I guess all we can do is do our best to ignore those voices. They're stupid people saying stupid things just to keep their stupid mouth moving so people will hear their stupid thoughts, making them feel important.

But turns out they're just stupid. :)

Lol yeah, my friend also thinks they are gaslighting me (I usually say friend if friend unless I'm embarrassed or it doesnt seem appropriate). They think my family member is gaslighting me by making me doubt things I'm sure of and insulting me and convincing me of their opinions or saying them until I make myself believe it or stop talking

Yes, I agree with the person who said that.

They're making you doubt your sense of reality and causing you to lose trust in your own perceptions, which would, if successful, force you to rely on their perceptions, meaning you believe what they say about you because you don't trust what you say about yourself anymore.

It's very dangerous.

Don't listen to them. Concentrate on hearing your own inner voice and whatever it says trust that completely to the complete exclusion of your family's baseless opinions.

Well ita hard to do that because I live with this person. They also only do it with angry braids the making me believe their points they do that all the time by telling me why they think I'm wrong and they are right. They also influenced my political views until I did more research and decided for myself. And they were one of the reasons I didnt pursue a diagnosis of ADHD (still havent, I think I might soon) and didnt for a bit pursue an autism diagnosis

I also live with the people like this, and I wasn't allowed to see any doctors and had to go to a school counselor about it all.

I know it's hard to do. Very hard.

And I have ADHD!

That was how it was for the talking about thinking about having ADHD but the counselor said that because I can read well I dont have it but I kinda wanna pursue it

Yay fellow ADHDer, have you heard of on YouTube How to ADHD she even has a forum which is where another member of this place told me about here

What the heck! I'm a great reader!

No, I've never heard of that on Youtube, but it sounds interesting!

I probably wont remember to watch them though because that is to long for my attention span, maybe if its 2x speed i can watch

I probably wont remember to watch them though because that is to long for my attention span, maybe if its 2x speed i can watch

Holy moly, I said almost the same thing before! :eek:
You could skip around, maybe, if you want. I do that a lot for videos.

New Threads

Top Bottom