• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Just got diagnosed

An Arctic fox

So i just got diagnosed, yesterday. The autism diagnosis feels weird even though I pursued it. My friend also thinks I'm faking autism and recently started accepting it might be true (they also think in faking other things and just try things I research on (I like psychology)) but what if I am? Could I have lied? How do I accept this diagnosis and what do I do about it? Am I autistic enough? Does this mean I'm going to get abused more? Etc. So if anyone has advice please help.

I'm also analyzing my social behavior because I dknt know how I know some things ga socially but dont know others and dont know if that means I'm faking it or not

Hi there and welcome to the autism forums! Remember it’s just a label and your not faking anything. Glad to have you here.

Thank you and thank you for telling me of here. I dont think I can remember that if I never thought it but ok. I'm not even struggling that much since I dont go out much so I'm not autstic enough

Welcome to the Forums! I hope you make new friends and enjoy your stay in the process! :)

also, there's absolutely no such thing as "being autistic enough". Autism is Autism.

Thank you :)

I guess but I dont feel like I am autistic enough to have a diagnosis, (I hate these terms but I'm using them to say it to make myself feel worse) I'm only mildly autstic

upload_2019-7-4_21-45-3.png

Hi Fox. :) And welcome. I think a lot of high functioning autistics feel that way, but as has been said already - there's no such thing as not autistic enough. Look at the number of autistics that have successfully raised a family, sought a career, etc, etc. The struggles are real whether we weather our way though them or not.

Thank you and thank you for telling me of here. I dont think I can remember that if I never thought it but ok. I'm not even struggling that much since I dont go out much so I'm not autstic enough

Are you saying that you don't struggle much with symptoms and issues related to your autism and that you also don't go out much?

If so, I find that interesting because I am not the only one on the spectrum in my house and I can tell you someone else here doesn't struggle much with symptoms when they stay home either. Of course, out there amongst the throngs of people, noise etc it's another matter.

I also had some brief thoughts about whether my diagnosis was correct even though I sought it. Maybe that's not uncommon. It might help to think about the things that drove you to suspect it, and get the diagnosis, in the first place?

Also, none of us have to be like the next person. We don't all have to be struggling. If you're not struggling that much then yay for you. I think that's wonderful and I hope we can all get a bit of that for ourselves. ;)

Btw I like psychology too. I think I started studying it to try and understand other people more so than myself. Actually, when the first person in my family was diagnosed with ASD I had to go and look it up. I had no idea beyond having heard the title. But even if you had an interest in autism previously that doesn't mean you faked or created it.

Well I can't really go to school or anywhere public because ita to loud and I forget my noise canceling headphones lost of the time. I also try and make myself not stim when around people. And I dont really have any friends that I keep besides online. I also usually put something on my back (backpack) so no one touches me because then I might hurr them and I usually take off my jacket and wrap it around my back and chest to feel better. And if someone touches me I get really tense and uncomfortable but in very careful to avoid getting touched.

Yeah I try and think of what made me want to get diagnosed but then I tell myself I'm faking it all anyway because that's what I'm told or was told.

Well I always had autstic friends when I was younger because they made more sense to me and were nice. I dont remember why i first studied psychology but it was probably for myself and others.

Psychology is probably my main special interest though learning something interesting or hard in general gets me excited. Psychology is probably my main special interest because it makes me stim because I'm excited

I'm not sure how much I struggle but I can talk and move my body how I wan . At least I can do those things most of the time sometimes I cant

Are you a chronic over thinker? If so, there you are - you have a struggle.

Also, welcome, because I am too.
Yeah I'm probably a chronic over thinker because I question what I think about myself like once every two days. Though that doesnt help that I've been switching more lately (I may have DID/OSDD).

And thank you

Yeah I try and think of what made me want to get diagnosed but then I tell myself I'm faking it all anyway because that's what I'm told or was told.

My point is this. You've just described all these things you can't do because it's too hard - because of your autism. So I don't think not being autistic enough is a helpful thing to concentrate on.

My point is this. You've just described all these things you can't do because it's too hard - because of your autism. So I don't think not being autistic enough is a helpful thing to concentrate on.
I guess. I'm also watching a video on ADHD vs Autism and I seem to have what they are talking about from both

New Threads

Top Bottom