• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

just for fun--you might be aspie IF--

26. Being stranded on an island sounds like a dream come true. (Ideally with a large chest of books and even a wrecked shipload of necessities, a la Robinson Crusoe.)

27> You can understand & relate to your cat & your dog that you've had for 3 years BUT you're utterly baffled by the human parents you've had for over 20 years.

28. You can determine someones entire brain function and typology from a 10 minute interaction but still can't communicate with them correctly.

You think regularly about your AC family & wonder what is happening in their lives, you wonder where they are if they don't show up, you care about their bottle cap & wire coat hanger collections, you even remember who has what kids BUT, for the life of you, you can't remember either the names or the faces of 90% of the 3D people you supposedly know.

You've gotten into several arguments over needing more "me" time....arguments that never resolved because it consisted of you tripling over your words and apparently describing something absurd.

Last time I tell the boy that the one thing I miss since being with him is more "me" time. How is that bad? Being with people, even him, all the time is exhausting!! I don't know how he does it.

You get in your car, set the GPS for a specific place in New York City, follow the directions explicitly & wind up in San Francisco...2.days later.

You only accept an invitation to a family gathering because you know there will be a 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle to escape to when people get too loud.

You fold the laundry & run upstairs to put it away...only to realize that your arms are empty & you've left said laundry sitting on the table. You run back down to get it, carry it up to put it away, plop it on the dresser & run back down...only to get there & realize that you forgot to put it away. So...you run back up to put it away, knock it over & have to re-fold it...only to realize that it was a bunch of stuff for downstairs in the first place...then you forget to bring it down with you when you go.

You go to a big outdoor party at a farm, decide to get away from everyone by hiding in the barn, discover there's a really cool dog in the barn, spend the entire time at the party in the barn with the dog, and tell your husband that it was the best party you'd ever been to.

New Threads

Top Bottom