• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

just for fun--you might be aspie IF--

You might be an aspie if:

you understand why Sheldon has a favorite spot
you always get lost, even in parking lots
you relate to your neighbour's dog better than your neighbour
you believe that thinking and speaking at the same time is multi-tasking
you loose track of time and fall asleep in the snow
you think nomenclature is cool

You're jealous that your friends have a life even when you are not around.

Some friends just sent a Christmas e-mail with pictures of things they had done with friends this year. My wife and I were not in any of them. Not that we have a reason to expect to be--we know they have a lot of other friends--but it hurt a little.

When you ask for an encyclopedia when you're 5 for Christmas.
When you choose to visit Washington, D.C. Over Disney world
When you can listen to the same song, album, or band for hours at a time, on repeat cycle.
When you like to play sim city on your Ds, and can name at least 10 players on every nfl team.

When you ask for an encyclopedia when you're 5 for Christmas.
When you choose to visit Washington, D.C. Over Disney world
When you can listen to the same song, album, or band for hours at a time, on repeat cycle.
When you like to play sim city on your Ds, and can name at least 10 players on every nfl team.
When you ask for a thesaurus for your birthday at age 16. I had forgotten all about it!

you call to order a pizza and the guy on the phone askes your address,,,, you give him the adress,,,,, in trying to make sure he gets the right place he says...."so is it a regular house" meaning a house, apartment etc.?.... You go outside and look at your house before answering....."yea"......

true-My 13 year old

in kindergarden you take a doll in for show and tell. The teacher see that it has ink pen markes on it and askes you about that. You reply "my little sisters did it"..... Teacher says "Well they'r just little monkeys arn't they?"..... you look at her with a somber face not understanding why she has just called your younger twin sistere monkeys..... "no theyr people" you correct her

true-mealmost 40 years ago

Your watching Forest Gump and he says "Jenny says she is liveing Harmony. That must be out west somewhere", and you think Harmony is out west somewhere.

my kid when he was 12

Last edited by a moderator:
Your watching Forest Gump and he says "Jenny says she is liveing Harmony. That must be out west somewhere", and you think Harmony is out west somewhere.

my kid when he was 12
There actually is a Harmony in Indiana.

I live in Indiana..... didn know that

your about 6 or 7.... you hear the adults around talking about a man who has been reported as trying to pick up 10- different kids. All the adults are cautious and your mother hasn't let you out of her sight for days. Finaly you tell her....."I know why you wont let me stay outside while you go in to answer the phone Mom..... cuz ther is a old man in a blue truck trying to get 10 boys, but I don't think you have to worriey any more cuz I'm sure he already has 10 by now."

true-my kid

Your 8.... you walk to a pop machine with your mom to buy you a pop. When u get there there is a croud of people blocking the machine. The people take your money and pass it threw the croud and get the pop you want and pass it back out to you. A few minutes later your mom gives you money and askes you to go back to the pop machine and get her a pop saying....."if the pople are still there just give them the money and tell them what kind of pop I want and they will pass it out to you like they did your pop"...... You go to the pop machine and come back with her money and give it back to her and turn to run off the play....."hey!" she stops you, "what?" you ask....."why didn you get my pop?" ......you reply "the pople wern't there."

my kid

You panic when people take something out of it's order.... then either don't return it or put it back blasted wrong!!!!!

The first thing you do when go to an event that someone else is hosting, is find your corner and pull out your phone and play with it until you leave.

You have no idea how to use punctuation correctly.

You either totally love or hate numbers with a passion (I bloody hate them).

Changing plans at the last second makes you angry as the Hulk.

You get jealous when people comment on other peoples posts but not yours

You panic when people take something out of it's order.... then either don't return it or put it back blasted wrong!!!!!

The first thing you do when go to an event that someone else is hosting, is find your corner and pull out your phone and play with it until you leave.

You have no idea how to use punctuation correctly.

You either totally love or hate numbers with a passion (I bloody hate them).

Changing plans at the last second makes you angry as the Hulk.
I can identify with most of these, at least to a degree, except punctuation. I'm a little obsessed with correct punctuation. Also, I almost rarely get that angry about anything.

Your only 5 yrs old and your mom asks you to hook up all the electronics in the home and fix the telephone jack since you know
more about than she does.:D

New Threads

Top Bottom