• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

just for fun--you might be aspie IF--

You see the phrase "an edible oil product" on coffee creamer and wonder how they got that from Texas crude.

You get an invitation to a party 2 weeks from today.

You spend the next 2 weeks agonizing over who else will be there, what the heck they'll expect you to eat, what you're going to do/talk about once there, agonize over what a moron you look like whenever you attempt to dance, you become a clutzy stimmy mess. You try on 50 outfits in a doomed attempt to decide what you'll wear but everything is either too itchy, too short, too long, the wrong colour, makes you look fat or like a bean pole or is just plain yucky.

THen, the night of the party, you simply decide, "F@#K it" & stay home, contentedly holed up in your Aspie cave.

You go into the kitchen, get out the pots & pans, begin cooking a fancy-schmancy gourmet meal, following the recipe to the letter. You set the table like a French waiter, open a bottle of the best wine in the house to breathe, serve the meal on fine china with silverware. Then, decide you're not hungry & wander off to do something else.

why dosn't this comment go where I want it too?

How r u guys getting your comment to attach to the other comment that you are refering too?

Smith's way works well: usually, I copy the portion of the person's pot I want to quote, paste it where I want it, add quotation marks & a reference to who said it. His way is much faster, though.

When you spend hours tearing up dozens of leftover (unassembled) cardboard boxes into little pieces and putting them into several trash bags before throwing them out. Instead of just putting them in the back of a car directly and bring them to the tip, which is only a few 100 meters away... And as a result you have muscle pain in your hands for several days.

When you spend hours tearing up dozens of leftover (unassembled) cardboard boxes into little pieces and putting them into several trash bags before throwing them out. Instead of just putting them in the back of a car directly and bring them to the tip, which is only a few 100 meters away... And as a result you have muscle pain in your hands for several days.

this = me,

plus I am the only one out of my wife and our best friend who does the recycling... EVER and is the only one who empties bins... again, EVER!

It is the same at our house.

I'm also in charge of garbage disposal. Perhaps we're just good at it? :)

When you say something stupid in a conversation which you then can't stop thinking about for hours... days... weeks... Well, months actually :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
When you say something stupid in a conversation which you then can't stop thinking about for hours... days... weeks... Well, months actually :unsure:

Or remember it for teh rest of your days? I remember saying certain things to people, where I was, around what time, how I instantly knew I screwed up and made myself look so stupid etc etc

you might be aspie IF

When you take 2 paper cups to make coffe in at work.... and although nearly everyone does this for hot drinks, you have to have they lined up exactly the same so the seems on both cups are in line with each other.

Last edited by a moderator:
Or remember it for teh rest of your days? I remember saying certain things to people, where I was, around what time, how I instantly knew I screwed up and made myself look so stupid etc etc

Definitely! Others seem to be better in forgetting embarrassing moments. I most certainly do not and also remember every little detail.

you might be aspie IF
you are cleaning stuff up without even realizing it, until someone asks you why you are putting away their stuff.

You notice patterns in the tiling at your local supermarket
You notice patterns in everything else you see for that matter
You subconsciously walk towards the electronics department at a retail store
You drive EXACTLY at 60mph in a 60mph zone and use cruise control to do so
You spend 16 hours a day on the Internet and the other 8 sleeping
You can do quantum physics and calculus, simultaneously, in your own head
You find yourself explaining the difference between component, HDMI, VGA and A/V inputs to others

1, 2, 3, 4, and 7 have applied to me. 5 and 6 are stereotypes :)

Last edited:
I'm also in charge of garbage disposal. Perhaps we're just good at it? :)

Exactly! It only happens sometimes though... It's the curse of a autistic top 1-2% memory.

You notice patterns in the tiling at your local supermarket
You notice patterns in everything else you see for that matter
QUOTE]

Oh gosh. They just put down carpet tiles with lines on it in part of our office, and some of them aren't facing the right way. It drives me nuts! I usually look at the floor when I walk so I have to try and think of something else when I go through that section. It's just the worst.

You can recite, in florid detail, all the features of Medieval architecture, you know the name of every country in the world, what kind of government it has & the capital but for the life of you, you can't remember what you ate for breakfast.

New Threads

Top Bottom