• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Just discovered TikTok. I think I'm now hooked.

Tony Ramirez

Single. True friend's.
V.I.P Member
I always heard about the platform but short videos I thought never interested me. It was not until I discovered they had live videos I thought I would try it. I first saw some live and short TikTok videos archived on YouTube that looked interesting. I then decided to look up crying girls on TikTok which led me down a rabbit hole of a bunch of other videos and users. Now I am watching it for hours and I have been following several women. Since I been having trouble sleeping before now it seems worse since I been on the platform until 3 AM watching short videos and some live videos.

I watched it all day today and evening tonight. I finally turned it off. But I did not go out today because I was on it most of the night last night because I was too tired.

I thought being my age I could not get hooked on this crap. Only young people could. It's the stupid rabbit hole effect that does it.

Hate tiktok and worse still, comes from my favourite country at the moment Korea!

Hate the stupid dances and I cannot stand still to music, so that says something.

I watched it all day today and evening tonight. I finally turned it off. But I did not go out today because I was on it most of the night last night because I was too tired.

I thought being my age I could not get hooked on this crap. Only young people could. It's the stupid rabbit hole effect that does it.
It’s just so damn easy to blame the rabbits. :mad: How about a little self control??

Do be aware Tik Tok is used by the Chinese government to collect your information

Do be aware Tik Tok is used by the Chinese government to collect your information
Most people probably don’t think they’re even slightly interesting/important enough to be alarmed by the idea of the Chinese government collecting their information.

Most people probably don’t think they’re even slightly interesting/important enough to be alarmed by the idea of the Chinese government collecting their information.
I would be concerned that the agent reviewing my information would die of boredom, and then they would come after me for revenge.

I've heard that it's about as "bad" as how people like Zuckerberg or Musk will store your private info on their respective sites. It's not one way or the other even with TikTok in the equation.

Regardless, I'm not the biggest fan of TikTok, specifically the culture surrounding using it as a social platform. The videos are a hit or miss, but the people on seem to be as clueless as a detective with no leads. They also seem to be extremely hostile, especially toward marginalized and minority groups, so while I don't tend to ignore it entirely, I try to distance myself and limit my time there when I can.

True, because they aren't fully understanding the implications of the meta-data they are collecting. How does one create subliminal, nearly undetectable, yet effective, divisive propaganda and disinformation? If you know what to look for, it's relatively easy to pick out on your newsfeed. Furthermore, the psychological dependency upon it when it triggers the reward centers in our brains, those dopamine hits. Facebook does the same thing when they sell their meta-data to the highest bidder. In case people haven't noticed, there is a lot more open divisiveness, selfish and narcissistic behaviors, depression, conflicts between social and religious groups, instability in the financial markets, and political extremism in the West. I really don't think this is a coincidence with media platform algorithms and meta-data collection, but as a direct result of. At any given time, there are millions of people, right now, with nearly all their attention given to that little electronic device in their hands. Walk around in public and observe people. Any bit of "downtime" and they are online viewing something on some app that is collecting their data in real time.

Well, the whole thing is, very literally, designed to generate addiction. That's why it's so quick to jump from one video to the next even if you arent touching it (and Youtube's shorts do the same thing). Keep you watching, keep you engaged... keep you seeing the things that bring in revenue (ads).

It's easy to think "well no, I'm immune to it" but these companies pour incredible amounts of time and money into figuring out all the psychological tricks they can to create this very situation.

I will tell you right now, that thing being what it is, that rabbit hole is just going to try to suck you in over and over, and for some people this can turn into a debilitating problem. Definitely important to be very careful.

All of this is why I'm always suggesting to people that they stay off of social media and things such as this.

Welp. We've lost another one to the machine.

But seriously. TikTok, and others like it, are socail poisons. Once consumed, even out of curiosity, you are trapped in more than one way in a world that wants to keep you coming back. So forget leaving it now, unless you have any sense of care for your wellbeing, in any way.

"Ours or theirs?"
"Enemy planes, sir."
"But who is the enemy?"

-Dialogue from the film, "Bridge At Remagen".

After saying I was going to bed last night I was back on it until 3 am. Then at 7 am I spent all day on the platform today since morning. I only tried to sleep for only two hours. Then I was back on it. What really ticks me off is when you scroll through the videos just to click on a user to find more videos to scroll to click on that user to find more videos to scroll. Get the point.

Since everything I go to is closed now I am bored it's not a problem. But yoga opens on Wednesday and church and life groups start next week so let's see.

Tik Tok is turning the human race more moronic than ever. When I was a kid, adults said we were going to grow up violent and stupid with no attention span because of TV, but even the worst TV shows have nothing on the infantile brain rot that is Tik Tok. That is why I prefer calling it Tik Schlock or Sick Tok. And I don't mean sick as in "cool", but sick as in "Makes me want to regurgitate things I ate back in Grade 1".

New Threads

Top Bottom