• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Jerry Seinfeld - On the spectrum?

Great article. Thanks for sharing! Made my day...:)

"Basic social engagement is really a struggle. I'm very literal, when people talk to me and they use expressions, sometimes I don't know what they're saying. But I don't see it as-- as dysfunctional. I just think of it as an alternate mindset."

I think I saw every episode of Seinfeld when I was a kid... And yet, never seen any of his standup aside from what was on that show. I think he's a good guy, what little I know of him, so perhaps him just being him will help set a good example for those who are familiar with us in a bad way. And hopefully debunk some implications that none of us have a sense of humor, I have a well developed funny bone, thank ye!

Just an update that on Nov. 19, 2014, Jerry Seinfeld retracted his statements about possibly being on the spectrum, although he said he "relates to it".

“I don’t have autism, I’m not on the spectrum,” the Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee star said Wednesday. “I was just watching a play about it, and … I related to it on some level.”

Jerry Seinfeld Says He Is Not on the Autism Spectrum

Jerry Seinfeld Explains Autism Comments | Access Hollywood

NOTE: I'm sharing this as an update because I believe it's always best to have the most accurate & up to date information.

A related discussion thread on AC:
Sensitive Topic - Two Articles: Responses to Jerry Seinfeld’s self-diagnosis | Page 5 | AspiesCentral.com

Last edited:
Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom