• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Is there such a thing as an Aspie that believes in God or love New Age?

The reference to eternal Fire is clearly poetic reference to Eternal Death the same Eternal Fire Reference is used for Sodom and Gamora you can go to the south end of the dead sea, see the 2 burnt out cities and pick up lumps of sulfer left over from God siege ships that wiped the cities out.

The cities are clearly not still burning eternally!

Everyone know the Hell thing dates back to Pagan gods before Constintine ruined the first Christian church by dumping all the Pagan Tribes around Rome into the Church.

You churches who follow this belief are all not following the Bible at all....there are rows and rows of texts that say the dead are destroyed utterly and texts that say the dead feel and know nothing.
The Hell belief is Pagan Trash...and makes God look like a monster.

You churches blaspheme Gods good name with this cruel Pagan Hell belief. I personally would be worried about Divine retribution, I do not think God is very amused he is made out to be such a Monster.

I would not be so free as to who is blaspheming and who is not. The truth of biblical hell has nothing to do with pagan beliefs. Read the story of Lazarus and the rich man in Luke 16:19-31 in which The rich man asks for pity by having Lazarus sent to dip his finger in water and cool the rich man's tongue because he was in agony in the fire. The answer is that the separation is final and Moses and the prophets are provided to warn of this. This is only one case in point in the Bible.

There is no word more emphatic in the New Testament than the word 'eternal' to describe hell. It is one of the most solemn truths in all of the Word of God, even though it is horrific. The Bible is full of passages and truths to reveal and warn of this reality, irrespective of what the philosophers, intellectuals, other religions, ideologies, belief systems and annals throughout history have to say about it.

Paul said that hell is not the choice of God but it is the choice of those who want to reject God. Just as hell spells darkness, distance, alienation, so is light spelled by the reality of Jesus Christ.

If you claim the truth of heaven as an absolute then there has to be the

Nevertheless, this forum is

I would not be so free as to who is blaspheming and who is not. The truth of biblical hell has nothing to do with pagan beliefs. Read the story of Lazarus and the rich man in Luke 16:19-31 in which The rich man asks for pity by having Lazarus sent to dip his finger in water and cool the rich man's tongue because he was in agony in the fire. The answer is that the separation is final and Moses and the prophets are provided to warn of this. This is only one case in point in the Bible.

There is no word more emphatic in the New Testament than the word 'eternal' to describe hell. It is one of the most solemn truths in all of the Word of God, even though it is horrific. The Bible is full of passages and truths to reveal and warn of this reality, irrespective of what the philosophers, intellectuals, other religions, ideologies, belief systems and annals throughout history have to say about it.

Paul said that hell is not the choice of God but it is the choice of those who want to reject God. Just as hell spells darkness, distance, alienation, so is light spelled by the reality of Jesus Christ.

If you claim the truth of heaven as an absolute then there has to be the

Nevertheless, this forum is
Very cleaver but you used a non Biblical common local story in Israel quoted by Jesus in a parable to make point. And you quoted it out of proper context.
Making my exact point all the Hell stuff is cherry picked texts quoted out of proper context.
And you ignored my point that there are rows and rows of texts that directly contridict the Hell belief how can the wicked be burnt up to ashes and bones...be so dead they sleep and (know nothing) a actual Bible phrase and still be alive enough to be dancing around in fire screaming in pain?

You should know as a Professor that the Cananites, Greeks, Romans, and Carthiginians all have Fire Gods they worshiped back to the dawn of time. Go look up the beliefs on those and you will find the stories paralel the Hell story very closely.
The Jews on the other hand, (which we Christians come from), do not believe in Eternal Hell fire just the short exicution of wicked in the lake of fire. Which by the way matches my Dark Energy physics perfectly as a gravity disruption caused lava pool.
So I Maelstrom say I know how to make the Bible lake of fire my self with my science...am I God or a man?

You give me no text on Paul but I expect it is the same as above yet another convenient misquote as usual.:rolleyes:

I decline to withdraw my blaspheming Gods good name charge....against you churches who teach this horror.
And I point out my God is kind and likes puppies :dog: and :catface: kittens and little :seedling::sunflower::tulip::seedling::seedling:children.
Your God :rage: will have us all listening to people screaming in pain and horror while we eat breakfast in heaven for the next 2 million years.:confused::eek:o_O:fearscream::screamcat:

Who on earth would want to go to heaven if your view of God is correct?:confused:...I myself would be forced to convert to Atheism and declare war :rocket:on God if I thought he was your cruel fiction of him.

You Christians who teach this Horror are stealing souls from God. You should repent this evil error before the Messiah arrives....Time runs short...the Messiah has already been summoned.

Last edited:
yay! The Greeks! I am glad you mentioned them as they are a special interest of mine! Forgive me for sidetracking the debate. The Greeks believed in Hades which is kind of like the Hades in Job. It was a place where the husks of humans kind of hung out. No real emotion or colour. Just there.

Carthaginians have left us very little, almost nothing actually, about their "after life" beliefs. Historians are still trying to figure out their religious beliefs during their life on earth.

I can't get into the Hell debate, but the Greeks, Romans, Carthaginians? Oh yeah.....:) Anytime.

Just for the record, I think God loves us all and knows why we act why we do. But I don't want to get into the debate because I already have a migraine today but I am enjoying it and respect both side and learning a lot from everyone who is posting.

Very cleaver but you used a non Biblical common local story in Israel quoted by Jesus in a parable to make point. And you quoted it out of proper context.
Making my exact point all the Hell stuff is cherry picked texts quoted out of proper context.
And you ignored my point that there are rows and rows of texts that directly contridict the Hell belief how can the wicked be burnt up to ashes and bones...be so dead they sleep and (know nothing) a actual Bible phrase and still be alive enough to be dancing around in fire screaming in pain?

You should know as a Professor that the Cananites, Greeks, Romans, and Carthiginians all have Fire Gods they worshiped back to the dawn of time. Go look up the beliefs on those and you will find the stories paralel the Hell story very closely.
The Jews on the other hand, (which we Christians come from), do not believe in Eternal Hell fire just the short exicution of wicked in the lake of fire. Which by the way matches my Dark Energy physics perfectly as a gravity disruption caused lava pool.
So I Maelstrom say I know how to make the Bible lake of fire my self with my science...am I God or a man?

You give me no text on Paul but I expect it is the same as above yet another convenient misquote as usual.:rolleyes:

I decline to withdraw my blaspheming Gods good name charge....against you churches who teach this horror.
And I point out my God is kind and likes puppies :dog: and :catface: kittens and little :seedling::sunflower::tulip::seedling::seedling:children.
Your God :rage: will have us all listening to people screaming in pain and horror while we eat breakfast in heaven for the next 2 million years.:confused::eek:o_O:fearscream::screamcat:

Who on earth would want to go to heaven if your view of God is correct?:confused:...I myself would be forced to convert to Atheism and declare war :rocket:on God if I thought he was your cruel fiction of him.

You Christians who teach this Horror are stealing souls from God. You should repent this evil error before the Messiah arrives....Time runs short...the Messiah has already been summoned.

Maelstrom, I do not misquote any text at all. I am using orthodox evangelical hermeneutics and exegesis which has been the basis for biblical interpretation for over 2000 years. I have also studied theology for over 30 years and so should have some knowledge of what I am claiming - not my claims, but biblical claims. You very clearly are not using the same basis, and I have no idea how you can claim the opposite of that which the very writers of the texts themselves claim. I prefer to accept what they say rather than some contradiction which is based on somebody's preference.

The point is simple: if you claim that there is a heaven then that is an absolute claim. Thus, there has to be the opposite in order to both justify your claim, but also to define it. You cannot define heaven if you do not have the context in which to define it, i.e. the opposite of it.

What is also simple is that heaven is where God is and hell is where He is not, i.e. hell is the absence of God which is what many choose, as I explained in my last post. Whether you choose to accept that as being hellfire or not depends on your understanding and experience of God's intimacy.

You also claimed that there are 'rows of texts' to support your answer, but do not the provide the references (thus doing exactly what you point a finger at me for doing) which I have no doubt I will interpret differently. However, I did not comment precisely because you did not provide the references and so there was no context to your claim.

Finally, I am always willing to engage in healthy debate and discussion, which should stimulate us to think more deeply, but not on the basis of insults and becoming personal. If you are so convinced by your own opinions then simply put them forward, but you cannot force anyone to accept them by insulting them, belittling what they believe, or becoming aggressive. Your claim to have a greater knowledge of spiritual matters, as well as your method is quite gnostic.

Thus, because of your tone and insults, I regard this discussion to be at an end. Certainly, I will not engage with you on it anymore.

Maelstrom, I do not misquote any text at all. I am using orthodox evangelical hermeneutics and exegesis which has been the basis for biblical interpretation for over 2000 years. I have also studied theology for over 30 years and so should have some knowledge of what I am claiming - not my claims, but biblical claims. You very clearly are not using the same basis, and I have no idea how you can claim the opposite of that which the very writers of the texts themselves claim. I prefer to accept what they say rather than some contradiction which is based on somebody's preference.

The point is simple: if you claim that there is a heaven then that is an absolute claim. Thus, there has to be the opposite in order to both justify your claim, but also to define it. You cannot define heaven if you do not have the context in which to define it, i.e. the opposite of it.

What is also simple is that heaven is where God is and hell is where He is not, i.e. hell is the absence of God which is what many choose, as I explained in my last post. Whether you choose to accept that as being hellfire or not depends on your understanding and experience of God's intimacy.

You also claimed that there are 'rows of texts' to support your answer, but do not the provide the references (thus doing exactly what you point a finger at me for doing) which I have no doubt I will interpret differently. However, I did not comment precisely because you did not provide the references and so there was no context to your claim.

Finally, I am always willing to engage in healthy debate and discussion, which should stimulate us to think more deeply, but not on the basis of insults and becoming personal. If you are so convinced by your own opinions then simply put them forward, but you cannot force anyone to accept them by insulting them, belittling what they believe, or becoming aggressive. Your claim to have a greater knowledge of spiritual matters, as well as your method is quite gnostic.

Thus, because of your tone and insults, I regard this discussion to be at an end. Certainly, I will not engage with you on it anymore.
:confused: I accept the white flag....my point on the Blaspheming Gods Kind Charactor and poisoning minds bad theology depriving God souls...Stands!
This really is'nt some silly debate, real people are going to cry and die....because you churches out there are too proud to admit you let some pagan beliefs creep into your fold.

Which is worse me offending you by point out truth...or you and your people sending souls to the lake of fire because you are too proud to admit your churches aren't perfect?

Look around you here, nearly every single Atheist cites your belief in that Pagan Hell Horror as to why they turned their backs on God and church....maybe they are more honest then you lot ....at least they can see some screaming Horror is not Kind or Godlike.
I fought my own government tooth and nail against torture, I find the idea that you all would teach my God would torture someone forever...a unspeakable blaspheme!

It is also just plane stupid on the logic front, Eve who stole 1 apple would get tortured in fire for thousands of years more than Hitler.
You churches don't even try to sort your theology properly, even a child could see it isn't correct....you just teach whatever pleases you...burn people forever ...toss Gods sacred laws....toss his Sabbath kept by billions in his Holy Empire....you all have turned the Bible into a joke!
Do any of you actually read it properly to see what it really says anymore......or do you just blindly accept tattered pagan handmedown beliefs blindly?

If you think I'm really wrong? go back check me in the Holy Book, I double dare you, I triple Dare you, I know I stand on the rock....the more you read, the more of you I will convert.
I have truth on my side!
The Bible fights for me!

Last edited:
I believe in God, and am a Christian. I don't believe in other religions like Wicca. But I know they are out there and respect the people who do. I believe in angels and fairies, magic.

How do fairies fit into Christianity?

I think there are probably many Christian families who will let the tooth fairy fib slip by, but I'm not sure.
I know my Auntie - herself a Christian but who is still tolerant and accepting of other religions - taught her kids about the tooth fairy and let them discover the truth themselves.

I think there are probably many Christian families who will let the tooth fairy fib slip by, but I'm not sure.
I know my Auntie - herself a Christian but who is still tolerant and accepting of other religions - taught her kids about the tooth fairy and let them discover the truth themselves.
I know the tooth fairy isn't real. I knew from the beginning that my parents were putting a coin under the pillow. I just like to believe that there is something else out there.

I believe in a Creator and contrary to what people like to argue, the reason I believe is due to logic and sound reasoning.

I am a christian and it is the only thing that keeps me from ending my life to be blunt.

That is all I shall say, because I know how volitile this subject can get.

I hope you are not offended by the way I wrote the title of this forum thread. I am not trying to be close-minded, but...Is there people with Asperger's Syndrome that believes in God, Angels, Fairies, Magick (as in the Wicca belief system)? I mean, when one thinks of Asperger's Syndrome, one almost always imagines a brainiac that is passionated by things like maths and sciences and has a very litteral and logical mind. Therefore, it seems pointless to him to believe in ''non-sense'' such as God and spiritual creatures.

But, I was wondering, is there anyone here who actually believes in fairies, Wicca, God, angels and the like, like me? Or am I alone?

Hi there,

I just came here to post a link to this page when I saw your thread.
Hardly a coincidence I'd say.

Have fun reading.

Love and light

Steffen

New Threads

Top Bottom