• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Is there such a thing as an Aspie that believes in God or love New Age?

SalanaEiyungAisis

I hope you are not offended by the way I wrote the title of this forum thread. I am not trying to be close-minded, but...Is there people with Asperger's Syndrome that believes in God, Angels, Fairies, Magick (as in the Wicca belief system)? I mean, when one thinks of Asperger's Syndrome, one almost always imagines a brainiac that is passionated by things like maths and sciences and has a very litteral and logical mind. Therefore, it seems pointless to him to believe in ''non-sense'' such as God and spiritual creatures.

But, I was wondering, is there anyone here who actually believes in fairies, Wicca, God, angels and the like, like me? Or am I alone?

You should speak to Catlover614. Yes there are Aspies who are very religious, and for my part, I believe that math and science are merely our way of finding out how God does things. They compliment theology, as opposed to replacing it.

No offense taken.

I believe in God, the God of Christianity and the Bible. I am also well versed in many sciences and rely almost solely on logic and reason to make any assessment or decision in life. Properly understood, there is no internal conflict between logic, science, the Bible, and God.

I do not believe in magic or fairies, but I do believe in angels and demons. The reality of the supernatural is fairly plain, but there are dozens of interpretations of experiences related to it.

I think in reading over so many threads about such subjects, you'll find that neurologically we are as varied as Neurotypicals in this respect. That we're "all over the map" in terms of spiritual, religious, agnostic or atheist beliefs.

No offense taken.

I believe in God, the God of Christianity and the Bible. I am also well versed in many sciences and rely almost solely on logic and reason to make any assessment or decision in life. Properly understood, there is no internal conflict between logic, science, the Bible, and God.

I do not believe in magic or fairies, but I do believe in angels and demons. The reality of the supernatural is fairly plain, but there are dozens of interpretations of experiences related to it.
I'm kinda torn up between Wicca and Christiannity. Christiannity is more wide-spread, but hard as heck to follow. But what if I burn in hell for choosing a diffrent path?

I'm kinda torn up between Wicca and Christiannity. Christiannity is more wide-spread, but hard as heck to follow. But what if I burn in hell for choosing a diffrent path?

I would love to give a detailed reply to that, but I think I might stray into debating religion (against forum rules) if I did.

Well, not if you keep it short, I think.

In most if not all cases, on such subjects at some point the thread is locked. But yes, there are already plenty of threads that address your original post if you choose to search for them.

But to reiterate I don't think anyone can identify any sort of pattern to reflect people on the spectrum leaning one way or another over such concerns.

Last edited:
In most if not all cases, on such subjects at some point the thread is locked. But yes, there are already plenty of threads that address your original post if you choose to search for them.

But to reiterate I don't think anyone can identify any sort of pattern to reflect people on the spectrum leaning one way or another over such concerns.
Why can't we debate religion, here?

Well, not if you keep it short, I think.

Theology is one of my obsessions, being too brief would do a disservice to it in my opinion. I will try though.

If the Bible is true, then as you said a different path would ultimately lead to hell. Jesus said "I am the way and the truth and the life, and none may reach the Father but through me" (from memory so the wording may be slightly different) so if you believe Him, all other paths are paths to hell.

To some degree, all religions are exclusive. Even very open ones, as they will still reject any who directly contradict their belief systems.

When you say 'Wicca' do you mean new age ecclecticism in general or the specific religion of Wicca? The term is often used for both in USA where I live. I feel that either way you would run into moral relativism in one form or another, and that logically followed through leads to all sorts of potential evils as I understand it. Once morality becomes relative, people use that relativism to justify various abuses.

In addition to archaeological support for Biblical events, I feel that the unwavering moral teachings make Christianity more desirable.

This is all my opinion and I in no way am trying to belittle other faiths.

The Mahatma had something to say about this sort of thing:
"Religions are only different roads to the same place. As long as we are going to the same place, what does it matter what road we take?"
He also said:
"I like your Christ. I dislike your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ".

The problem with discussing religion is the attitude of people. Many seem to think that their belief is THE belief, never mind that nothing in theology is verifiable absolute truth. It's amazing to me how many people will toss morality to the wind when they feel their beliefs are threatened, even though morality is at the core of most religion.

Why can't we debate religion, here?

Search for all threads relative to your question. The answer can be found there. It isn't so much that we can't debate it, as it is to why we should refrain from doing so to a point where people get ugly. Some issues foster this more than others.

Also consider the nature of this forum. A community- and haven of sorts for autistic people. People who often come here to escape the controversy and aggressive arguments in the real world and in real time. This place isn't intended as just another "online slaughterhouse" where one member gets to beat up on another. There are more important issues for us to deal with collectively rather than divide ourselves over the typical issues that have most of society at each others throats.

Then consider one final factor. For some of us on the spectrum, excessive arguments are a trait that some would rather work on to diminish rather than be enabled.

Inevitably, we must attempt to tread lightly when it comes to religion and politics and anything else that amounts to the most controversial subjects of our time. For many of us, I suspect that all we really have is each other, existing in what often amounts to quite a hostile environment.

We are a resource in ourselves. Who can't afford to squander it over less important considerations, IMO.

Last edited:
Don't worry, we're out here! I'm very fascinated by the subject of spirituality, and looking to find my own truth when it comes to the meaning of life and whether there is more to reality then meets the eye. I've always been very scientifically minded growing up (and considered myself an atheist for many years), needing proof before I commit to any kind of belief. After several experiences the last few years, I changed my mind ^_^ If you'd like to talk some time I'd love to! Not many of my friends are spiritually minded.

I hope you are not offended by the way I wrote the title of this forum thread. I am not trying to be close-minded, but...Is there people with Asperger's Syndrome that believes in God, Angels, Fairies, Magick (as in the Wicca belief system)? I mean, when one thinks of Asperger's Syndrome, one almost always imagines a brainiac that is passionated by things like maths and sciences and has a very litteral and logical mind. Therefore, it seems pointless to him to believe in ''non-sense'' such as God and spiritual creatures.

But, I was wondering, is there anyone here who actually believes in fairies, Wicca, God, angels and the like, like me? Or am I alone?
Hi, I'm an introverted aspie Christian. God IS NOT NONSENSE!!!!! Scientists do their best to persuade people to not believe in creation. I am very passionate about God. I'm not fake. I come from atheists and the only one in my family who has a relationship with Jesus. **religion is man made and man's attempt to be approved by God by obeying a bunch of rules and regulations** This way of thinking is simply incorrect. Jesus saves us and welcomes us by grace. Grace is unearned. Grace is a free gift to all who dare to believe in Him. You don't need to "work" your way to God....He loves us and wants the best for us, His children who believe in Him. I broke 9 out of 10 commandments (never killed anyone) and I was an intense cocaine abuser for 12 of the most miserable years of my life. And, when I awoke from my stupor and went to church to say I'm sorry....He forgave me and welcomed me. Since then, He has blessed me with peace of mind and heart and a new smile! I didn't deserve grace or mercy...I deserve to go to hell for all the offenses I've committed in my past. However, instead of condemning me for my wrongs He bestowed mercy on me. I have walked through the valley of the shadow of death...severely neglected, rejected, and abused by my own parents and by men, but God is restoring me now and instead of being full of bitterness and resentment, I have a loving, compassionate and forgiving heart. The reason why my testimony is so powerful is because I didn't let evil men poison my love. Love is the most powerful spiritual force in the universe. I could go on and on with this, but I don't want to hijack your thread. I am not lying about this!! I went from head-banging to Metallica to a worshipping-heart to Mercy Me! God is good!

Christianity is indeed hard to follow because our fleshy selves get in the way. And, sweetie, you're not going to burn in hell if you choose a different path. The way to burn in hell is to reject and deny God. Nobody is perfect and God knows this. He gives us free will and we are the ones who either choose His way or our way. God is a gentleman, He does not force anyone to follow His path....He patiently waits for us to invite Him into our lives.

The Mahatma had something to say about this sort of thing:
"Religions are only different roads to the same place. As long as we are going to the same place, what does it matter what road we take?"
He also said:
"I like your Christ. I dislike your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ".
This is true. Oftentimes, Christians become so prideful and judgemental that they think they are better than anybody else and shun others who don't think the way they do. I am a Christian, but I dislike the hypocritical Christians who think their s**t don't stink.

New Threads

Top Bottom