• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Is the Earth flat? Thousands believe 'madcap' theory world is REALLY a dome-topped disc

The Earth is not flat! However, contrary what the US Government wants you to think, Area 51 does indeed exist IMO, and there are Aliens there :D
I have seen the actual satellite footage of area 51 it is in the pocket of mountains on the north end of Nellis Air Force base....maybe 150? miles north of Las Vegas. It is not a UFO base it is a Dark program weapons testing range....they like to test aircraft and weapons there because the Russian spies can't see over the mountains.
My interest in Area 51 has nothing to do with UFO stuff at all, it is strictly a defense contract fight, a very bloody defense contract fight.:(

[QUOTE="Maelstrom, post: 326510, member: 12133"My interest in Area 51 has nothing to do with UFO stuff at all, it is strictly a defense contract fight, a very bloody defense contract fight.:([/QUOTE]

Do you recall or have ever heard Dwight Eisenhower's outgoing speech as president?

He wasn't kidding about the military industrial complex. Scary stuff.

[QUOTE="Maelstrom, post: 326510, member: 12133"My interest in Area 51 has nothing to do with UFO stuff at all, it is strictly a defense contract fight, a very bloody defense contract fight.:(

Do you recall or have ever heard Dwight Eisenhower's outgoing speech as president? He wasn't kidding about the military industrial complex. Scary stuff.[/QUOTE said:
You have no idea Judge , these guys are hard core....they are working me hard down here...I have someone on me right now that looks like he came down from Boeing in Portland....they are using every dirty trick in the book to clean me out.:confused:
And I can't even get a hearing at the FBI to get help!o_O

If the Russian situation wasn't so iffy I'd go just to get these creeps off my back.:confused:

Last edited:
I know a bloke who's job involves simulating, planning and tracking satellite orbit trajectories, who is also a flat-Earther, and claims that he learnt that the Earth is flat through his calculations for said satellite trajectories.
Then there should be satellite pictures of the turtle, elephants, et al. (during the course of their orbits)... :p

The earth is hollow. Haven’t you ever read Jules Verne, Journey to the Center of the Earth?!

You need to get up to speed. Now it's "The Core". :p

Though I don't think Professor Lindenbrook would have cared to explore this particular core on foot. :eek:

And its heat would have made Alec McEwen sing a few octaves higher.

You need to get up to speed. Now it's "The Core". :p

Though I don't think Professor Lindenbrook would have cared to explore this particular core on foot. :eek:

And its heat would have made Alec McEwen sing a few octaves higher.

No way, man. The Core is a lie. It’s meant to brainwash you into questioning Professor Lidenbrock’s discovery.

No way, man. The Core is a lie. It’s meant to brainwash you into questioning Professor Lindenbrook’s discovery.

Fake news? Yeah, I've heard that one before somewhere....

BTW- The real "Gertrude" wasn't a duck, but a falcon. It killed Count Sacnussem when he tried to pluck it for dinner. Another "bourgeois trick" no doubt. So sorry...:eek:

Fake news? Yeah, I've heard that one before somewhere....

BTW- The real "Gertrude" wasn't a duck, but a falcon. It killed Count Sacnussem when he tried to pluck it for dinner. Another "bourgeois trick" no doubt. So sorry...:eek:

Who is Gertrude the duck? I don’t recall any ducks in the novel. I actually just reread it a few weeks ago.

Oh I see, I just looked it up. The duck is from a movie adaptation, it looks like. And the professor’s name is Lidenbrock in the novel, not Lindenbrook. I wonder why the movie changed his name and added a duck.

Oh I see, I just looked it up. The duck is from a movie adaptation, it looks like. And the professor’s name is Lidenbrock in the novel, not Lindenbrook. I wonder why the movie changed his name and added a duck.

Hollywood has outlived Jules Verne. :p Of course they mangle just about any story based on a book...nothing new there. ;)

At least Mel Gibson didn't get his mitts on that one. He got an Oscar Award for "Braveheart", but historians gave him a black eye.

Tragic, I know. As a kid I read the book in 1966 and don't recall the details. Only after seeing the movie. :oops:

Makes me wonder about "Mysterious Island" as well. :confused:
Oh well...they both had great soundtracks by Bernard Herrmann. :cool:

Last edited:
Right now the part of the Earth I live on is getting colder and has less sunlight because it's tilting further away from the sun and winter will be here soon. So if the Earth is flat (which it isn't), how could it be completely horizontal like they show in those pictures? It would be like one of those spinning plates that people in the circus balance on sticks and it wobbles when it starts to slow down. And then it would fall off the invisible stick it's on or whatever and we'd all die.:rolleyes:

Right now the part of the Earth I live on is getting colder and has less sunlight because it's tilting further away from the sun and winter will be here soon. So if the Earth is flat (which it isn't), how could it be completely horizontal like they show in those pictures? It would be like one of those spinning plates that people in the circus balance on sticks and it wobbles when it starts to slow down. And then it would fall off the invisible stick it's on or whatever and we'd all die.:rolleyes:

Haha! The earth is on an invisible stick! We could dip it in batter and deep fat fry it like a corn dog. Ha!

I love how their proof is called experimental evidence <3
And their library stops at 1904.

I quote their main experimental evidence:
'It is proven that the ship does not sink behind a hill of water, but that it is actually perspective which hides it. This demonstrates that the earth is not a globe. There have been experiments where half-sunken ships have been restored by simply looking at them through telescopes, showing that they are not actually hiding behind "hills of water" '.

In other words.. Somebody looked through a telescope and saw a boat disappear behind a wave (hill of water). And this half sunken ship recovered itself by merely looking through this telescope.. Since the wave went down. Apparently this is proof that the earth is flat. Or you could say it's proof from a book from 1854. Where there where still a lot of followers of the Christian idea that human animals were the center of the universe. (Which is something the Flat Earth Society also believes in.. And you can win 65.000 dollars proving them they're wrong)

We let me tell you something, humanity is really not that much important.
May I remind you that the topic of discussion is:is the earth flat, some (it doesn't discriminate this time by saying Christians)believe etc ,so please stop inferring that Christianity is not worthy of respect all faiths are get back to the topic

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom