• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Is racism a symptom of psychopathy...

AspiePie

I have met racist on Deviant Art... I noticed that they seemed to deny the humanity of their targets... I tried to remind them of the humanity of their targets.. I realized after trying... They don't care about the humanity of their targets.. It is not that they think their target are not human it is that they simply hate their targets and don't care they are human...

It's the internet. People on the internet can get as vile as you can, they'd never admit these things in actual public because they're afraid of the consequences, but on the internet you can get away with a lot of things you otherwise couldn't. I think these people are mostly angry teenagers who don't know how sociality works yet, unfortunately not always the case.

Don't bend over backwards to try to show these imbeciles some level-headed opinions, you'll drive yourself mad.

Dehumanization is a cornerstone strategy of most any organized extremist/racist hate group. Once you can persuade others that a specific group of people are in fact non-human, it becomes much easier to persecute them accordingly and with public support rather than public ire and suspicion.

The Nazi propaganda film titled "Der Ewige Jude" (The Eternal Jew) was a glaring example of an attempt to visually associate Jews as animals rather than the human beings they are.

Of course one can passively accept or enthusiastically belong to such a body politic that espouses such things and not necessarily be clinically considered a psychopath.

Personalities like Albert Speer always comes to mind. He wasn't a psychopath, but clearly he had the intellect to know better.

People who are racist fail at life IMHO.

I couldn't give less of a toss whether a person is black, white or an Elephant, it's what they're like as a person that counts.

Aspie pie I would give up on trying to teach Internet trolls anything. Most of the time they're saying what ever they can to garnish a reaction.
Rasism is almost completely environmental, it's what we're taught from a young age that makes the difference or a traumatic event. The city I live in in sweden is a place I'd never chose to live but I have family here. During the 60's and 70's the town had several big factories needing labour so they encouraged immigrants to come and build a better life, which they did. I've been racially discriminated against plenty of times in the Swedish city I lived in, never by swedes it's always been by middle eastern immigrants. When I was studying alongside Syrian and Iraqi students they never called me by name, only white whore because I lived with my partner without being married.

Aspie pie I would give up on trying to teach Internet trolls anything. Most of the time they're saying what ever they can to garnish a reaction.
Rasism is almost completely environmental, it's what we're taught from a young age that makes the difference or a traumatic event. The city I live in in sweden is a place I'd never chose to live but I have family here. During the 60's and 70's the town had several big factories needing labour so they encouraged immigrants to come and build a better life, which they did. I've been racially discriminated against plenty of times in the Swedish city I lived in, never by swedes it's always been by middle eastern immigrants. When I was studying alongside Syrian and Iraqi students they never called me by name, only white whore because I lived with my partner without being married.
Dear me, I should have completed my thought before sending the comment, the immigration wasn't the issue, the issue was that immigration increased while the socio-economic situation didn't. There wasnt enough housing so low income skyrise apartments were built in estates, these were filled with immigrants and asylum seekers. This then led to segregation from both sides. The immigrants weren't learning Swedish because they had their own community with stores with 2nd and 3rd generations feeling confused, they're taught swedes that take part in premarital sex are dirty, disgusting and beneath them but they come in contact with swedes everyday through work. They've been taught racism yet they have to fight it. Swedish rasism has been increasing rapidly over the last year. Almost every week a gang rape is publicised with the offenders being criminals who have snuck into the country with Syrian asylum seekers. When the suspected rapists are found they are released without charge also because of a loophole in Swedish law. People of unknown identity can't be charged and the police can't seek identities because it's the responsibility of socialwork.

That's sad to hear. I'm a Muslim and these Syrians and Iraqis do not represent Islam or Muslims. A lot of their behaviour is cultural and also found amongst those of other religions from those countries (there is a bad problem of honour based violence amongst Christians in Jordan and Syria, for example) I have read that some Assadist militia have snuck in with asylum seekers to Sweden and there is photographic evidence to prove it.

I will never understand racism, against anyone. Same goes for hatred on the basis of religion or lifestyle. Unfortunately both are rife in some areas of the UK and both myself and my kids have been victims of it. Are racists psychopaths? I think in some cases yes but in others no they are just misguided people.

After the way I've been treat online by some Americans, some people would consider me xenophobic in that I hate some American citizens.

I don't hate them all though, my Sister in law's Sister is married to a guy in Portland, Oregon, nice bloke.

After the way I've been treat online by some Americans, some people would consider me xenophobic in that I hate some American citizens.

I don't hate them all though, my Sister in law's Sister is married to a guy in Portland, Oregon, nice bloke.
Is he a hipster? (Portland is supposed to be the hipster capital in the US) ;)

I just remembered something, loosely related to the topic, when my elder sister got married the first time in 1993 I was at peak 'not being able to make eye contact with strangers' mode. It just so happened that all the guests at her wedding that I didn't already know were Black or Asian, I had trouble making eye contact with them because I didn't know them but I was panicking thinking they will think I'm racist. So I forced myself to make eye contact with them from time to time and I think I then freaked them out as it could be seen as staring. So awkward!

I just remembered something, loosely related to the topic, when my elder sister got married the first time in 1993 I was at peak 'not being able to make eye contact with strangers' mode. It just so happened that all the guests at her wedding that I didn't already know were Black or Asian, I had trouble making eye contact with them because I didn't know them but I was panicking thinking they will think I'm racist. So I forced myself to make eye contact with them from time to time and I think I then freaked them out as it could be seen as staring. So awkward!
hahaha during my aspie evaluation I forced myself to make eye contact at the end, smile and say thank you. The problem was I think I ended up looking like Sheldon Cooper from big bang theory when he tries to smile. The physiologist even wrote in my evaluation journal "whilst discussing H..... 's diagnosis she maintained eye contact with an uncomfortable intensity. [emoji5]

Racism is an emotional response, a fight or flight response based on the limbic system and stems from something that the cave dwellers used effectively to protect themselves, something called the orienting response. This was a response to anything that was different in the immediate environment. As humans developed so to did the neural structures, the new brain or neocortex that wrapped itself around the monkey brain or limbic system and allowed humans to develop reason and logic, philosophy and science and empathy.
The ability to tap into the reasoning processes is tempered by education and brain development. This is why children are so emotional and their reasoning capacity is limited. The brain is still developing and the process of myelination isn't complete until around 25 years of age. Essentially, people who are racist are lacking in education and their thinking is dominated by their limbic system, the primitive system ruled by emotion.

Psychopaths are so cold it's hard to imagine them caring whether someone belongs to another culture or demographic unless pretending to care about that would gain them something.

Tribalism is present in everyone, it's more about how it's managed than anything else; and even ableism is just racism with the race part taken out.

Racism is nothing more than a person or group of people thinking themselves superior to another.
The terms 'inferior' and 'superior' can only rightly be applied to people's actions, not their persons.
In fact, it was racism that gave rise to Gandhi and his mission when he refused to vacate a train car, for which he had a valid ticket, upon the objection of a British man to his presence. He was forcibly thrown from the train.

Since I am in an inter-racial marriage, I get it from both sides, LOL. Going out in public is sometimes annoying when people stare or look confused that me and my husband are a couple. Sometimes it stings when woman of my husband's color are polite to him but ignore me as if I am not there...:worried::pensive:

Racism is a product of ignorance and hate, there is no justification in that, we are all human and nobodies perfect but sadly the hate continues in all ethnic groups, luckily the majority of all folks aren't racist. Sometimes people become racist because people have had people racist to them themselves, though being racist back is not justified, there are many hate cults like the KKK and the Hebrew Isrealites as well, inspired by religion and using religion to justify racism as well, none of this is ok. Racism against Caucasians exists as much as racism against Blacks, Hispanics, Arabs and Asians. In order to be racist it has to be one in power or an institution is a strawman statement since it does not fit the definition of racism which is the belief that one race is superior over another. Racism:
noun
  1. the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.
    • prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.
None of this is ok or justifiable no matter what ethnic group you belong to, its 2016 not 1816, but sadly many folks are still racist to this day. There is only one race and thats the human race, we are no way superior over another simply due to pigmintation of skin as a result in mutations allowing us to adapt in different climates hundreds of thousands of years ago, we are all homo sapien, the same speicies and descendents from Homo Erectus. Study physical anthropology and you will realize racism is pointless because if you are racist your hating yourself without knowing it because all of Humanity at one point descended from East Africa in the rift valley.

Last edited:
Oh, I've come across my fair share racists in my life (and anyone else here living in the South can testify), and thankfully almost all of them were - to put it bluntly - plain stupid. Emotional rebuttals are one thing, but the select few asshats trying to justify their stance intellectually, boy oh boy...now those people are a whole other breed.

New Threads

Top Bottom