• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Introducing myself

Unq

Hi everyone. I am new to the forum. I am 41. I got officially diagnosed with autism in the latter part of last year. I’m here to be a part of a community for shared experiences and support. Also, to hopefully learn more and understand my diagnosis better.

I am starting coaching with an Autism Coach and someone suggested also joining a forum which led me to here.

I look forward to connecting with everyone.

Thank you for reading.

Last edited:
Hi everyone. I am new to the forum. I am 41. I got officially diagnosed with autism in the latter part of last year. I’m here to be a part of a community for shared experiences and support. Also, to hopefully learn more and understand my diagnosis better.

I am starting coaching with an Autism Coach and someone suggested also joining a forum which led me to here.

Thank you for reading.
Hello there! I'm glad you've had the opportunity to be diagnosed. I think you'll like it here! I was diagnosed last year, and...well, I've never been happier. :)

The community is glad that you're here also.

Thank you for reading.
Hello and welcome to the group. This may sound like a silly question but what is an Autism Coach?

Have a great day!

Hello and welcome to the group. This may sound like a silly question but what is an Autism Coach?

Have a great day!
Hi. :) Thank you for the welcome. Not a silly question at all because even I didn’t know there were autism coaches until I got diagnosed and it was recommended to me. So the autism coach is basically is someone who is knowledgeable in autism and works with you to gain more insight about yourself and diagnosis and supports you with exploring your coping strategies etc. My coach supports me as it relates to coping strategies and improve executive function at work.

Have a brilliant day too. :)

Hi. :) Thank you for the welcome. Not a silly question at all because even I didn’t know there were autism coaches until I got diagnosed and it was recommended to me. So the autism coach is basically is someone who is knowledgeable in autism and works with you to gain more insight about yourself and diagnosis and supports you with exploring your coping strategies etc. My coach supports me as it relates to coping strategies and improve executive function at work.

Have a brilliant day too. :)
Ah cool, sounds helpful.

1678637234381.png

Welcome, Unq! I had been diagnosed ar 60 and only last year really made progress eliminating triggers from ancient PTSD. i am using the knowledge that I have gained of my autism to be a Big Brother to an autistic teen boy.

Great to meet you. I need seven coaches, one for everyday of the week. Maybe you will share if the coach is working out for you.

Welcome! :)

Hope you find what you’re looking for and enjoy it here. We are a diverse group of people from lots of different backgrounds requiring all different levels of support, and everyone has great advice and stories to tell.

New Threads

Top Bottom