• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Introducing: Crazy Dave!

Crazy Dave

"Cthul-who?"
Hello, I am new here. And forums are quite new to me too. First of all, my name is Dave, Crazy Dave.. Why am I called "Crazy Dave"? BECAUSE I'M CRAAAAAAAZY!!! I have used the nickname Crazy Dave for a while now. If I remember right, one of the kids at my church called me that because I really love playing Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, and also because there is a character named "Crazy Dave" who helps you through out the Plants & Zombies games. Well, since this is an introduction about me, I should move on.. I was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome during my early middle school years. At first I thought that Asperger's was just another label on my list. But over the years I soon began to view my Asperger's as a gift from God. I mean I see, hear, and think differently than those who don't have Asperger's Syndrome, I hope most of you guys out there understand what I mean by that. I'll list a few things about me... My interests include: Insects, (Especially Beetles, and my favorite family of Beetles are Scarabaeidae family, aka Scarab Beetles, which there are over 30,000 species worldwide.) Amphibians, (Frogs, Toads, Salamanders, Newts, etc.) Eating Asian food, (Especially Japanese, and YES, I do love sushi!) The Beatles, (One of my favorite Beatles songs is "A Day in the Life." Cephalopods, (Octopi, Squid, etc.) Crustaceans, (Crab, Lobster, Shrimp, Hermit Crabs, etc.) I love world history, geography & politics. (Russian history is one of my favorite subjects.) I'm full of random facts and useless information. I am starting to read works of H.P. Lovecraft, (Call of Cthulhu), I really enjoy Military history, especially WWII, and the Cold War. I totally love Star Wars, (My favorites are the OT, and my favorite character is Boba Fett.) And my least favorite texture are cotton balls, I don't know why, but cotton balls freak me out! Well, that's all for today.

Welcome aboard. That is a great list of interests. H.P. Lovecraft is wonderful and interesting. I read a lot of his work whilst in high school. Glad to have you join our community. Best wishes.
image.jpg

Welcome, you sound like my kind of guy. I am still crazy, after all these years.

Hi Crazy Dave, and Welcome :)

I really like your avatar. It looks like an antique version of the robot from Star Wars.

Crazy Dave

Welcome to the forums.

Great to see that you are happy with the way you are and are embracing your passions. In my opinion, there are no better ways to live than recognizing our differences and accept them.

Add in arachnids & myriapods and you can just say Arthropoda...! ;)

Welcome to AC.
I almost included Arthropods, but I don't much care for... centipedes... :eek: They are so freaky looking, especially the Vietnamese Centipede! (Scolopendra subspinipes) But I do love scarab beetles and hermit crabs! Anyways, thanks for welcoming me! By the way, what's your favorite arthropod?

Hi Crazy Dave, and Welcome :)

I really like your avatar. It looks like an antique version of the robot from Star Wars.
Thank you, I found it on the internet, I believe that the way it looks is called "Steampunk" or something like that... I still need to go through my pics and figure out what I'm going to use. (Best bet is that my avatar will change from time to time, just like my laptop background screen;) P.S. If you have one, what's your favorite Star Wars character?

Crazy Dave

Welcome to the forums.

Great to see that you are happy with the way you are and are embracing your passions. In my opinion, there are no better ways to live than recognizing our differences and accept them.
Thank you, and I agree! I used to be a miserable person, but as Justin Furstenfeld of Blue October said in his song "It's Just Me"
"...I'm gonna feel a peace in me, I'm gonna feel at home. I'm gonna make this cloud above me disappear, be gone..." I was able to get past my past and focus on the present and walk step by step. I'm happy to relate with another who has a form of Autism too! And thanks for welcoming me! What's one of your favorite animals?

By the way, what's your favorite arthropod?
I don't know that I have a favorite. I use animal forms in a different way.

As an amateur figure artist, there is a tendency to repeatedly draw them to certain male & female ideals. I use animal features (including Arthropoda) to force myself to move away from those ideals so characters have more individual qualities.

Here is one of my examples (not an arthropod):
Trumpeter.jpg

I don't know that I have a favorite. I use animal forms in a different way.

As an amateur figure artist, there is a tendency to repeatedly draw them to certain male & female ideals. I use animal features (including Arthropoda) to force myself to move away from those ideals so characters have more individual qualities.

Here is one of my examples (not an arthropod):
Trumpeter.jpg
Cool! I should post some of my old work on my page too, maybe I should get the gears in my noggin going and start making artwork again!

Ignoring her armor, you should be able to discern her animal inspiration from her proportions, leggings/boots, lipstick, hair color/style and, particularly, her occupation.

Thanks for asking about my special interests. I'm passionate about natural bio-energy/Chi/Prana. I perceive the energies & auras of people, plants, animals, and minerals. My passions (Reiki, T'ai chi, & Zen sitting meditation) are all energy arts, where Chi/Prana is channeled. :)

If you enjoy Cold War history, you might recognize the dog in my avatar as being a product of the Cold War era. The former Czech Border Patrol used three breeding stations to tweak the German Shepherd breed into a pushy, bold, resilient, good-natured bloodline to work the border of those Eastern Block countries. Love that history. Grimm greets you! :) He's the love of my life.

Ignoring her armor, you should be able to discern her animal inspiration from her proportions, leggings/boots, lipstick, hair color/style and, particularly, her occupation.
Tell me if I am right: Hair - Equine? Waist- Serpent? Legs- Avian? & for occupation I see a trumpet, so I'm guessing she's possibly an orator/trumpeter/archangel? I'm new at this so help me out if I am totally wrong..

New Threads

Top Bottom