• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Interests from childhood that you never really got over

Anything mechanical or electrical/electronics. Fortunately I have been able to integrate these things into my career much to my advantage. I remember taking toy trucks apart at age 4 and at 5 I took a broken washing machine apart. My mother especially, encouraged me and bought me tools and took me to hardware stores and auto garages and other interesting places.

I still try to take things apart to see how they work.

I love physical geology so mostly minerals and rocks. I always collected rocks still pick them up from time to time. I have a big collection of pretty rocks and know a lot about what minerals and rocks and gemstones are. I love crystals and have since I was child. I also collect teddies and have done that since Iwas kid too.

My love of all things sci-fi Space 1999, Doctor Who, Battlestar Galactica, The Tomorrow people, All things Star Trek
My passion for repairing modifying electronics, cars and carpentry.
I can relate Billi my favorite toys at 4-5yrs old were soldering irons,drills,socket sets and multi testers!:playfull:

When I was about 8 I started to pretend that I was someone else, and I would talk to myself out loud and walk around pretending to live this other life, I never stopped. The stoyline changes, but and some are just bits like pretending to teach a class, or giving an acceptence speech after winning an oscar, other times it can be like present day till the end of my imaginary life. I have been caught talking out loud to myself sometimes. I try to keep it in my head and often don't realize doing it.

When I was about 8 I started to pretend that I was someone else, and I would talk to myself out loud and walk around pretending to live this other life, I never stopped. The stoyline changes, but and some are just bits like pretending to teach a class, or giving an acceptence speech after winning an oscar, other times it can be like present day till the end of my imaginary life. I have been caught talking out loud to myself sometimes. I try to keep it in my head and often don't realize doing it.

Totally still do that too. I love making stories in my head and pretending. It's so much fun. The storyline changes with my interests etc, just like your story changes. I usually can stop myself from saying it outloud in public but when I'm alone I like to say it outloud a bit.

Other interests: Pokemon-I LOVE this game.show/etc. Still watch it. Wish I could buy the cards still. I did a while ago but I won't do it alone and my mom won't buy them for me anymore. I still buy the ds games etc.

Reading- (novels mostly). I used to hate reading when I was very young but then my mom changed it and now it's one my main interests. '

Card games-Poker, Crib etc.

Random Facts-Like those bathroom reading books. Random facts sites.

A few shows I watch-Some I'm more into than others.

Harry potter-huge HP fan. Got my mom to buy me the wizard's collection kit that came out recently. It's sitting at home when I come back :)

Disorders and weird psych things-ironic no? LOL.

Those my usually main stays. I have other interests that come and go, Usually, it just cycles through that list.. Like I'll have a few weeks of really being into HP and always reading fan fic etc. Then right now I love this tv show called impractical jokers. :)

Cartoons, Art, Electronics (I work in the IT field now :), and UFO's...yes...UFO's.

- Bah Weep Granah Weep Ninni Bong

I love physical geology so mostly minerals and rocks. I always collected rocks still pick them up from time to time. I have a big collection of pretty rocks and know a lot about what minerals and rocks and gemstones are. I love crystals and have since I was child.

These lines sound like me. I like rocks, the land, and the people living on the rocks and the land. :D

We both rock :)

video game systems(nintendo 64, playstation 1 &2, gamecube, nintendo DS, Gameboys, wii) Digimon tv series and the toys, i loved it! i remember the beetlemon toy i had. i miss it so much. im also obsessed with having close male friends. in my mind, i always imagine owning a company and having a tv show with high ratings. i also imagine taking in a child from foster home and forming a strong bond. and when he's older, the bond is strong and always defend me against others. i think about it when im listening to music.

Bubbles (blowing bubbles) & Crayola crayons. Everything about them from each fascinating colour to the texture, scent & the diverse sets & packages they come in enthrals me. Coloured pencils, certain colouring books, marker sets etc. have a similar effect.

Bubbles always freaked me out, maybe cause i got too many in my mouth in my attempt. I have an issue with the smell of crayons, but that fades, and its worth it to color with them. I was very upset when the three year that was living with us, messed up my 150 crayon tower. Now many are broken.

From preschool until the present time I've listened to Kidsongs. In fact, I have more songs on my iPod from Kidsongs than any other artist. I really like them. Do any of you have any special intrests from your childhood that you still like today?

Nintendogurl1990, same here, i love that TV show when it used to be on the air, and i still to this day watch the episodes on youtube as well as added them to my "likes" and "favorites" sections of youtube, many times i will also play the same song over and over again (I do this when nobody is around to hear it)

which are your favorite songs from Kidsongs??? mine, just about all of them!

now on topic, Kidsongs TV show and the songs they played, the oldies (60's music) and well, I'm sure most of you know, door closers (yes, the device that shuts the door after its been opened)

-Jess (doordoctor)

The one interest above all else that comes from deep in my childhood is trains and railways. It was my first love and I'm still passionate about it to this day.

SHARKS! Obsessed with them as a child and still am. When I was eight years old, i was certain that I was going to be a marine biologist. Unfortunately, as a teenage those dreams were dashed when I failed math and nearly failed science class. I don't think that was the right career choice anyway, but to this day I still watch every underwater documentary I can find. I'm going to go swimming with sharks one day. Oh yes I will!

Dinosaurs, drawing and tunnels (and the last one is embarrassing yes).
Exept for drawing, they are not my main interests today, but they will always be there and now and then they increase in intensity.

Toy cars

48e7d653afe14_31466n.jpg
100_1266.jpg

Politics and Interior Design. I was interested in these from the age of about 6,and still am. When my dad would take me to Home Depot,I would ask to "look at the kitchens",meaning play with the model kitchens and imagine them being my own,and admiring the design. I would take design books in to read on the toilet,and picked out pictures of rooms that wold be rooms in my future home. To this day,I do the latter.
I have wanted to be President since I was 6,and used to talk about it almost 24/7. As I got older,my interests spread out a bit,and at the present time,i am not as obsessive as I used to be about things like this. Nevertheless,i am still interested.

Politics and Interior Design.

I have wanted to be President since I was 6,and used to talk about it almost 24/7. As I got older,my interests spread out a bit,and at the present time,i am not as obsessive as I used to be about things like this. Nevertheless,i am still interested.

Politics affect our daily life, and it's good to have an interest in politics.

I also wanted to be some politician since age X, but that doesn't matter to me anymore. I just want to be the President of Aspies Unite! my very own Skype group for Aspies :p

A certain actor who will go nameless accompanied me through childhood and I still like to watch his movies and google him. Also, Transformers to a lesser extent, although I tend to find my interest in Transformers is limited to a particular character.

Me too with Transformers, they will always be there.

I also still watch things like Black Adder, Bottom, The Young Ones & Red Dwarf that I have watched from the years of 8 till now (I'm nearly 33)

New Threads

Top Bottom