• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Information association...

Bubo was the name of the mechanical owl
in The Clash of the Titans, 1981.

My fifth grade teacher said that when she was a
girl, people said that wearing blue and green at
the same time was bad. That it was a mistake to
wearing "clashing" colors.

This didn't make any sense to me. The sky is
blue and trees are green and they seem to look
ok together.

Blue and green are close to each other on the
color wheel.

One time my therapist was playing story cards with me and my siblings when I was six. The story ended up being about this bunny rabbit who goes around eating everything in sight. The last card of the game had an ice cream truck on it, so my therapist ended the story with, "And last, but not least, he ate ice cream. And the whole truck. And the driver."

I met a phychiatrist that said that he was required to receive therapy before getting licensed. He mentioned that most of his classmates were upset about the requirement. I keep thinking about how silly it would be to try, and receive help from someone who wouldn't be willing to help themselves. If I ever have to get a new therapist I'm asking them if they thought their therapy was helpful. Therapy is like confession you need to trust the person you confess to.

Last edited:
Once at a famous hospital, I saw a psychiatrist laughing who said, "When I was in med school, the question was cardio or psychiatry. Now the question is to work two or three days a week!!" And marched off laughing right in front of me.

What a wasted plane trip, hotel expense, sensory overload, etc.........

I have never been confused about mine. I like what I like when I like it. This kind of BS really makes you wonder about psychiatry.

Reminds me of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.
Nurse Ratched, in particular

New Threads

Top Bottom