• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Images that make you uncomfortable

I remember when I was little, on PBS they would show these 3-minute segments called "Art for the Day," where they would focus on certain paintings or sculptures and the camera would show close-ups of different parts of them while a voice-over would talk about them in detail. When the station would announce that the segment was coming up, they would show a picture of the Mona Lisa with a flower running across the woman's mouth and the title, "Art for the Day," at the bottom of the screen. That kind of creeped me out. It just looked so wrong (actually the first time I saw it I hadn't seen the real Mona Lisa painting before, so there was nothing I could compare it to). That picture wasn't part of the segment itself - there wasn't anything humorous about the segment. There also wasn't anything really unappealing or unbearable about it, but the Mona Lisa picture sort of poisoned it for me. I kept finding little things wrong or unattractive about it, even though nothing was really problematic about it for me (maybe the parts where the music changed to minor keys wouldn't have appealed to me to begin with, though, but that's about it).

I recently found a video of some of the segments, and watching it now, it actually doesn't look like it was really so smooth and relaxing to begin with (I also found out that the segments were actually from before I was born). Below is the video - you can judge for yourself (you won't see the Mona Lisa picture here).

Those with sensory issues may want to keep the volume low, because some of the sounds in between the segments may be loud.

Last edited:
IMG_5891.jpeg

And then there are all those stupid clickbaity thumbnails that show some guy with a heavily exaggerated shocked or surprised face with red arrows.

A lot of people in TikTok look like their faces have more plastic than a Barbie doll. Their brains must be plastic to, because they're talking about ridiculous conspiracy theories, like the dinosaurs never existing because their bones couldn't have lasted more than 20 years, (actually, dinosaur fossils are mainly rock and minerals from the "casts" made from bones), but the bones of our giant human ancestors somehow exist.

A lot of people in TikTok look like their faces have more plastic than a Barbie doll. Their brains must be plastic to, because they're talking about ridiculous conspiracy theories, like the dinosaurs never existing because their bones couldn't have lasted more than 20 years, (actually, dinosaur fossils are mainly rock and minerals from the "casts" made from bones), but the bones of our giant human ancestors somehow exist.
And on YT shorts as well. Theres a TikTok filter called bold glamour that falls into this category as it’s creating unrealistic beauty standards for people to follow

Back in the eighties I learned some minor photographic tricks, like the use of diffusion filters over a lens to diminish "harsh" facial features, blemishes, etc.. along with various lighting techniques. However it basically just dulled things out of a fine focus and little else. Subtle changes...nothing more.

Digital image manipulation these days is completely off the charts when it comes to glamour photography. Where they can give "on the fly" any model features they never had.

Unrealistic standards of beauty have given way to unreal standards of beauty.

Just take a look at some of these programs marketed to professional photographers:

Last edited:
When we first moved to the City there was a big fruit and vegetable store that my parents liked to shop at (it’s still there, but they’ve since remodeled and expanded). High on the walls there were these photograph pictures of fruits and vegetables with the outsides and insides mixed up. For instance, there was a pineapple outside with a watermelon inside; and an eggplant outside with a cantaloupe inside; and a sliced zucchini with an orange (or some sort of citrus fruit) inside; and also a loaf of French bread with a cheese inside (the store sold other kinds of food as well). It was obviously some kind of photography trick (I couldn’t find any of these on-line). It was beyond words how I felt about those pictures, and perplexing why they would have those pictures up on the wall in the store. If that was really the way the fruits and vegetables they sold were, I wouldn’t want to buy any. Of course they weren’t, and when my parents would go there to shop for parties, I’d still sometimes come along and help.

This is a big one for me. Pictures on book covers in particular that have a person looking directly into the camera, I always have to turn them face down.
Yep, closeup pics of peoples faces are a big one for me. I also have to turn them face down.

Also, any picture depicting or even suggesting hunting on any level; humans hunting or any other animal hunting. Even just pics of hunting equipment. Doesn't even need to show the hunted animal.

Pictures of cowboys or anything to do with cowboy life.

Yea, I'm weird, but that's me. Never been different.

Anyways..

When ppl destroy expensive technology like iPads and laptops.. once saw a TikTok where this lady hydro dipped her laptop only for it to not turn on afterwards..

Young kids wearing crop tops and doing provocative TikTok dances

Furbies (they’re cute and creepy at the same time)

Smallfry/little buddy from splatoon 3

The South Park TikTok fandom

Yep, closeup pics of peoples faces are a big one for me. I also have to turn them face down.

Also, any picture depicting or even suggesting hunting on any level; humans hunting or any other animal hunting. Even just pics of hunting equipment. Doesn't even need to show the hunted animal.

Pictures of cowboys or anything to do with cowboy life.

Yea, I'm weird, but that's me. Never been different.
I don’t like pictures of hunting either because it’s cruel. Pictures of other kinds of animal rights violations are unappealing, too. But I’m able to tolerate it.

Drawing was of a cartoon cat cutting itself with a box cutter, shown near a noose,with self inflicted wounds (not scratches)..

Flashing bright colors.,

i sometimes act on these impulses

Last edited:
I hate it when girls doing ASMR videos stare into the camera at you, especially if they're wearing a lot of make-up and sexy clothes.

New Threads

Top Bottom