• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Images that make you uncomfortable

I hate the bears who talk about enjoying the go.
I always think of that as some washout on Madison Avenue needing a time out. :rolleyes:

Some things are best just left alone, without attempting to put any kind of "spin" on them.

To me the most disturbing thing about that shirt is trying to imagine what sort of person would wear it. :)
If it has short sleeves and is loose-fitting, I would wear that with cargo shorts (in the summer)...
It is pretty much pocket Ts & jeans the rest of the year.

Illuminati GIF

It feels like it's trying to suck out my soul

How do I turn things into spoilers

Thumbnails of AI human faces on YouTube lately make me uncomfortable. They're really deep in Uncanny Valley, and I often tell Youtube "I don't like the video" even if I've never watched it just so it won't appear again.

I sometimes watch the TV show Hoarders and I feel the claustrophobia just watching the hallways and rooms that are stuffed with junk and garbage. That is scarier to me than a Friday the 13th movie.

I am a hoarder of video games and movies. But I keep it all organized on shelves and hard drives.
Ever since I was a young child I was a metal hoarder. I liked shiny things like a magpie. I was always getting screws, nails and springs conviscated at school for playing with them in class. Now I hoard gadgets and crystals/pretty rocks. They used to call me gadget girl and it was funny because my name is Penny (inspector gadgets daughter)

It was the avatars that people have here with one eyeball, and l think eww, why? It reminds me of Clockwork Orange movie. But l really don't like the lady reading this story, her voice creeps me out.
I’m sorry. Her voice does sound a little squeaky - sort of like a child’s voice (I personally think her voice is cute).

Is your hope for this thread that people, including you, will
note a commonality of human experience, that some things
we see are scary/creepy/unpleasant aka make them feel
uncomfortable?

In which case there's no need to post actual images, is there?

My best hope would be that people would try to examine what it
is/was about whatever images/sights creeped them out, and
state that in words, so that they'd feel more secure in the future.
The other thread got me thinking about these things (I could have sworn it was originally about images in general and then it was changed to advertising images). If you were a highly sensitive child like me, you might have found certain kinds of images unappealing, intimidating, or discomforting – the same way you might react to sounds or textures. It might also be the way our minds work that make us react to certain images uniquely – in ways that are different than other people might react or think of.

Talking about these things can certainly help you put such feelings into perspective. If it turns out other people share your feelings it might also take some weight off. Or if people have different feelings about it, it can help you see another perspective.

I also find it helpful to show the specific things so that people see exactly what I’m talking about. Sometimes it’s hard to describe in only words. Please understand that I intend no harm by anything I bring up or share. Then again, if people do react badly to those things, it could be an opportunity for them to talk about how they feel and help them to feel understood. I also agree that people should be mindful about how other people may react to what you’re sharing.

It was the avatars that people have here with one eyeball, and l think eww, why? It reminds me of Clockwork Orange movie. But l really don't like the lady reading this story, her voice creeps me out.
I’ve seen a picture in the weekly ad for the supermarket that I work at that shows zucchini and yellow squash lined up in a way it looks like a rocking machine featured in the movie. Makes me very uncomfortable as it looks nsfw

New Threads

Top Bottom