• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I'm more prone to hypnosis because I'm HFA??

UberScout

Please Don't Be Mad At Me 02/09/1996
V.I.P Member
I'm sure most of you remember my posts pertaining to the subject of hypnosis for sleeping. Well I was listening to my favorite YouTube hypnotist UltraHypnosis, and while I unfortunately broke my own spell waking up to my mother asking something, I got to thinking, I'm already prone to hypnosis, but is it because i'm Autistic that I'm especially prone? Or is it that I'm just that easy to hypnotize? Not that that's a bad thing, but if someone I knew were to lead me into it, would I end up in a bad situation, or for example if my father would find out about it, would he use it to help me?

I will remember the trigger.

I just stay away from those sorts of things.
crystal_ball.jpg

I don't think being prone to hypnosis is to do with HFA.
Some people are just very susceptible. They are called somnambules.
Although this may make it easy for you to be hypnotized it doesn't mean you can be made to do something against your will. You always have the option to break the trance if you wish.

(I studied hypnosis many years ago)

Never been in a situation for hypnosis. But I think I'd be less prone to it working. For starters I'd be a skeptic of it to begin with, would have to see it proven. And then I would be all into learning the mechanics of it, questioning everything, rather than just letting go and letting it happen.

New Threads

Top Bottom