• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I'm giving up.

I just feel like I can't do this anymore even if I try.
don't take anything you have no idea the consequences if you swallowed something, try to find and a service for people who are very depressed but you communicate via email,so you can stop when you want to, are you in a country that has a service for people who are very depressed ,I know Australia has them, the UK as them ,Canada has them the USA has them! keep talking don't keep it in your head ,get it out, I've been where you are very recently and I'm still there to a degree get more help than you've got now don't turn into me!

Roxiee, if you EVER need someone to talk to send me a message.
I've been down low like this before and right now am doing Ok. I am not the Depression Whisperer but it's fairly common for autistic people--the feelings are very real, but the thing is we are frequently able to get on out of it with a little time.

I did some stuff to rebalance the serotonin & dopamine in my brain after damaging my brain by living in a bad situation for a year. It made all the difference in the world. I went from anhedonia and apathy to having a happy life again.
Please do elaborate.

I also know deep sorrow. I really do. I've been through a lot too. And I'm there if you ever need to talk. What ever it is.

@Forest Cat , has some good advice - find a song and let it your mantra.
Either make the song meaningful to give you a positive message
Or just choose one that makes you feel happy, if only for a little while.
Play that song over and over and let it fill up your mind and soul so you focus less on how you feel.

When I was at my lowest, just where you are now, I played Cantaloop by US3 over and over again. That song was my "armour" right through depression recovery and it is still a favorite song today.

@Forest Cat , has some good advice - find a song and let it your mantra.
Either make the song meaningful to give you a positive message
Or just choose one that makes you feel happy, if only for a little while.
Play that song over and over and let it fill up your mind and soul so you focus less on how you feel.

When I was at my lowest, just where you are now, I played Cantaloop by US3 over and over again. That song was my "armour" right through depression recovery and it is still a favorite song today.
That's my jam
Dig those horn players
Yum

...but I'm giving up. I am so done.

let me guess; you feel you are worthless, your absolute best is not even sufficient. No one believes in you and, at best, you are just an annoyance to everyone around you. You feel you were born defective and not worthy of the world you are in. Etc., Etc., Etc...

I said, "let me guess", but actually this is not a guess. What I just wrote is not about you - I don't really know about you. What I just wrote is all about me. I just guess that perhaps you may feel the same way.

But, over the years, I have found that is all about perception. And perception is gauged by ones internal reference. When you feel like that, rest assured, regardless how real and matter-of-fact it all seems, it is not the reality.

I have felt like that for most of my 69 years. But, from this point in my life, as I look back through my years I can see that I do indeed have value. I am not entirely worthless and much of what I have done does have value. Yes, I do have deficiencies - lots of deficiencies, but I have also learned that being deficient is not a life killer. Without realizing it - until my 67th year - that my life turned out to be successful beyond my imagination for all of my previous life. I feel confident you may be in that same boat.

In those year I have learned that many (most) of my deficiencies, that has desperately depressed me, turned out to be major benefits. It's just so impossible to see in any particular moment.

Some of my favorite movies that inspire me, because they are movies about outcasts, defective or "different" people who, when left to their own elements, succeed beyond anyone's expectations:
"Down Periscope" a select group of deficient navy sailors intentionally assigned to a doomed mission. "Greatest Showman" a musical about a group of deformed freaks and outcast people creating the Greatest Show on Earth. "Oz the Great and Powerful" about a selfish con-man who discovers that his despicable trait is a skill that defeated very powerful foes. He learned the difference between Great and Good (Good being more powerful than Great). "The Mighty" about two "freaks" who's efforts result in mighty, good deeds (major tearjerker for me). These are just a few.

Indeed, life is hard. Really hard, but "hard" and "difficult" does not equal impossible. It's only difficult. You can do difficult things. Anyone can do difficult.

The point is, you are far greater than you think. Depression is a disease that distorts reality. You have to learn to not trust that distortion.

In all my years, I have learned that it is the sum of all your deficiencies that makes you perfect. That probably doesn't make sense to you at this point, but later in life, I think it will become clear.

Another movie I use for therapy is, "A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood".

New Threads

Top Bottom