• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I'm giving up.

Roxiee

~ broken but beautiful ~
I don't know why I feel so bad, I thought my life was going okay, but I'm giving up. I am so done.

272129460_467332014752914_5325738901542119881_n.jpg

"Serotonin is the key hormone that stabilizes our mood, feelings of well-being, and happiness. This hormone impacts your entire body. It enables brain cells and other nervous system cells to communicate with each other. Serotonin also helps with sleeping, eating, and digestion."

Also, opossums help cheer me up

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2Fb403f14d-0c98-4f98-ad48-a381ee949fda_500x445.jpeg

3f4db988294fcffeedc65169ebbf322f.jpg

Ed

"Serotonin is the key hormone that stabilizes our mood, feelings of well-being, and happiness. This hormone impacts your entire body. It enables brain cells and other nervous system cells to communicate with each other. Serotonin also helps with sleeping, eating, and digestion."

Also, opossums help cheer me up

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2Fb403f14d-0c98-4f98-ad48-a381ee949fda_500x445.jpeg

3f4db988294fcffeedc65169ebbf322f.jpg

Ed
Hey,
Now that makes sense, thank you!

@Roxiee Are you getting or seeking professional help for your situation? It's my recommendation. I certainly benefit from it.

@Roxiee
When you are at your lowest that definitely is not the time to give up!
I found a great deal of help in vit D3 supplements. You need to mega dose until your D level is stabilized. Go for 4,000 or more IU a day. It will help so much!

Also, keep seeking out other things to help. Don't trust in your feelings as they are lieing to you.

@Roxiee
When you are at your lowest that deffinately is not the time to give up!
I found a great deal of help in vit D3 supplements. You need to mega dose until your D level is stabilized. Go for 4,000 or more IU a day. It will help so much!

Also, keep seeking out other things to help. Don't trust in your feelings as they are lieing to you.
Thank you!

Just reach out to me or anyone else on here if you need to talk. I come on here and talk to people when I’m upset because I don’t have a lot of people in my in-person life.

Life is hard, I understand that. But there are lots of things you can do to get help or distract yourself.

I like Suzette’s suggestions about the supplements. Someone actually recommended that to me yesterday too.
But for now, I think Ed’s suggestion to watch something that makes you smile or laugh is good. And stay on here and talk to people, it really helps :)

I know you have dogs, do you think playing or cuddling with them would help a little bit? I always play with my dogs when I’m sad.

I keep recommending drinking tea to people on here too, especially if you’re also feeling anxious. Tea helps me relax.

I really don’t want you to hurt yourself.
Self-care is very important. Take a hot bath, drink some tea, talk to a friend, play with your dogs, do some artwork, watch a movie… it may not solve everything all at once but distracting yourself and taking care of yourself will help a little bit.
You’ve been given some really good suggestions on here already :)

Roxiee, if you EVER need someone to talk to send me a message.
I've been down low like this before and right now am doing Ok. I am not the Depression Whisperer but it's fairly common for autistic people--the feelings are very real, but the thing is we are frequently able to get on out of it with a little time.

I did some stuff to rebalance the serotonin & dopamine in my brain after damaging my brain by living in a bad situation for a year. It made all the difference in the world. I went from anhedonia and apathy to having a happy life again.

As far as suicidality goes I scared the pants off the telephone operator when I called the doctor up to ask about getting into psychological counseling. They said they couldn't do anything for me.

I thought that was very funny. Right now a few weeks later I don't feel so bad.

New Threads

Top Bottom