• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

If you won a million dollars, how would you spend your money?

. . .

V.I.P Member
If you won a million dollars, how would you spend your money?

I'll have to think of some things to add here later. In the meantime, I'd like to see what you folks would do with a million dollars. :D

Hmm, for me it'd be:

• New house
  • New MacBook Pro, Mac Pro and Xserve and probably a NAS too
  • Mamiya DM33 + Glass
  • Company office, servers, etc rented for a couple of years
  • Rest left for savings

A million dollars isn't cool. You know what's cool? A billion dollars.

I'd probably use a little bit of my million dollars (did I get it by pressing a button that will kill someone I don't know like in the movie The Box?) to take a little trip to Europe or do something like that, but I think I'd mainly spend it on fairly boring things like a house and stuff like that. I wonder if I would have enough left over to have in the bank or in a money market account to be able to live modestly off of the interest.

I'd buy myself a new car for when I've passed my driving test and buy something nice for my loved ones. Then I'd spend quite a bit on adding to my duck collection and bank whatever I have left over.

I'm too much of a money saver... I have a "thing" for spending money. Anyway, I would use part of it to move to Australia close to my love and start a new life there. I would keep about 10-15% of the leftovers to myself as savings, and give the rest to my parents for their own use.

So, supposedly you can live off the rest of your life alone and comfortably with $2 million (with some clever tricks of interest-accounts).

The first thing I'd do is not tell anyone.

I would try to put a decent amount in savings, but I'd spend a good deal of it on school.

I would also like a Mac and I'd probably buy something rather spontaneous and ridiculous that I didn't even know I wanted.

I forgot to post here...

What can I do with a million dollars? Simple. A trip around the world, eating commoners' food. (I am satisfied with foie gras, an once-in-a-lifetime experience) Then I'll come back to be a full-time food writer, and learning to have my own distinctive culinary style. Hmm yummy yummy!

I forgot to post here...

:shocked: That's a first! :p

If I won a million dollars I would probably spend it on a lot of tech gear like computers, cameras, home theater systems and the like. I would also but a big house and a Bentley. Some of it would go into savings and some towards charity.

A million dollars isn't cool. You know what's cool? A billion dollars.

My fantasy is to become a Billionaire with a lot of friends and happiness. No idea how I am going to make that a reality though.

I'd rather have 10 billion dollars... but what will be the price?

Still, I can use money to buy a lifestyle, with only casual clothes and a fuss-free lifestyle!

Not sure how far $1m goes these days! That's about ?600000? Probably have to be buy a flat in town, with furniture & possibly a car; there might be enough left for a nice PC & so on, too. Certainly not enough to live off the savings! Need more than a million pounds to do that, especially if getting a house & car, etc.

I'm far from convinced that multi millionaires & billionaires are all happy! Bear in mind that if you did have that sort of money, you'd then be a target for kidnap, if anybody knew about it. If you buy a nice house & fill it with nice things, you'll at least be a better target for burglars, too. But what's the point having millions if you can't spend them on things? Anyway, this is all purely speculative, as there's no likelihood of most of us ever getting such money, anyway.

Possibly, if you do get the millions! More likely, it wouldn't turn out to be much like you dreamt it would, though. Much chance of it happening?

Go to Australia Zoo and go through Croc school!
Buy a car: 1 practical one (Honda,Toyota) and my dream car a 1967 Chevy Impala SS Convertible.
Pay any debts
Get all the pets I would love to have!
Travel: Ireland, Jamaica, Bahamas
New clothes: Every cool t-shirt I want, a couple of nice suits,etc.
All the Sci-fi collectibles I ever wanted: Doctor Who,Space 1999,Star Trek:playfull:

I'll spend much money on these:

A basketball jersey collection (with Team Brazil, Team China, Team USA and jerseys) with appropriate coloured basketball shoes and basketball shorts

At least 5 white-on-white shoes at any given time

At least 21 white T-shirts

16 basketball shorts of various colours

... and then, Chevrolet Suburban and a quaint house near a mass transit station.

Heh. It's a lifestyle I want... Hehe

New Threads

Top Bottom