• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

If you were buying the Starter pack of Starlink: Battle for Atlas on eBay, how much would you pay?

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Topic.

A couple of weeks back I bought the Xbox version of the starter pack from Argos in Town, installed the game, built the model and started playing it, it's not really my thing so I want to sell it on eBay, even though it's a big box and would therefore cost me a small fortune in postage to send it to the buyer, especially factoring in that I always use first class recorded delivery because I don't trust normal post to not go missing.

I've done some research and it's going on eBay UK for about £18, plus postage, would that be around the right price to set given it's used?

There is a second class signed-for service you can use too which is less expensive but still gets tracked and signed for at the recipient's end.

There is a second class signed-for service you can use too which is less expensive but still gets tracked and signed for at the recipient's end.

Yeah but second class takes longer, and the deadline for delivery was today.

Yeah it came across to me that way too.

Um...
I said:
A couple of weeks back I bought Starlink from Argos...

I bought the game new about 3 weeks ago, and now I want to resell it on eBay, and I am asking for a good price to put it on at, if you read the OP, it's all explained there.

No what I mean is usually when you sell on eBay, the whole deal has to be opened and closed within 3 days, that's if your item sells in the first place.

Like a couple of hours ago I listed The Dwarves on Xbox One, I paid £6 for it in CEX about a month ago, played it once and didn't like it because I hate turn based combat, so now I'm flogging it, it probably won't sell first time though, that camera I sold last week didn't sell when I first listed it, but it did the second time.

Last edited:
I think you're making life a bit difficult yourself there Rich. We sell stuff on eBay all the time and we say it'll take a week to get there. We use 2nd class wherever we can and we almost always get "rapid delivery" comments in the feedback.
Most people would rather wait an extra day or two for the sake of a couple of quid.

I think you're making life a bit difficult yourself there Rich. We sell stuff on eBay all the time and we say it'll take a week to get there. We use 2nd class wherever we can and we almost always get "rapid delivery" comments in the feedback.
Most people would rather wait an extra day or two for the sake of a couple of quid.

Problem is, having had a few sales and purchases on eBay, there's been times, especially before I discovered PayPal and paid for everything by cheque, that stuff went missing in the Post, including cheques more than once.

Hence I use recorded signed for delivery now, it's not my fault or problem if the buyer's not in when the Postie knocks on their door with an item to sign for, but with tracking I can determine whether or not the item got to where it's going.

But what I said originally is that there is a second class Signed For service (they stopped calling it Recorded years ago) which gives you the same benefits at less cost. You get the tracking, you get the signatures but it takes a day or two longer.

If you want to know what is a good price to sell it for then search ebay for the same or similar items which have already sold and sell it at the sort of price. However a quick google tells me you can buy it new for less than £18 online so I doubt it'll sell for that much.

If you want to know what is a good price to sell it for then search ebay for the same or similar items which have already sold and sell it at the sort of price. However a quick google tells me you can buy it new for less than £18 online so I doubt it'll sell for that much.

Read the OP if you can, I said, and I quote
I said:
I've done some research and...

Read the OP if you can, I said, and I quote

Rich there really is no need for such rudeness as you demonstrated in the post above. If you've done the research then the question you posted is pointless. For anyone to give you an answer we would have to scour eBay and look for second hand prices which you could do yourself.
Please show other members the respect they are due.

New Threads

Top Bottom