• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

If You Could Change Something(s) About Yourself...

There's 2 main things I'd change, mainly, I'd go back to Valentine's Day 1991, the day my ex from school "proposed", and I'd change my answer from "Ooh I don't really know" to "Yes". Also, I'd skip to a few months later, still in 1991, and knowing what I do now, I'd pass at least GCSE Maths even if history repeated and I failed everything else because about 5 years later I resat English at College and got an A.

For me, my height (I'm only a measly 5'5"/167cm) and the tenacity do actually get off my butt and commit to things (cough exercising cough)... also I guess my facial structure, mainly my jawline... I don't have a good one to pull off a beard :( (not that I really want one, I actually prefer to be clean shaven :p)
But you're so cute - can I say that? Really just wanting to point it out.

I wonder how long the list would be if the question were if we could change something about someone else? lol

- Being able to keep calm and collected in chaotic situations. Giving fewer ****s basically. (I'm practicing this and getting a little better.)
- Being better at speaking out loud. Knowing what to say to connect to people.
- Whatever it is that will make it possible for me to keep a friend.
- Being thinner. :rolleyes:

Hopefully, The afterlife will be some magical/fairyland world where the laws of psychics are thrown out the window and anything is possible and the imagination has no limits. Forget having a flying car when you can fly yourself around like Peter Pan does.

This can be consciously experienced without having to die or use drugs. Interested?

I'd have a deep base voice like Barry White

MI0001948909.jpg

I'd want to be super duper buff, so that I could wear a muscle shirt. I know that's weird because I am a girl, but then again, I am weird.

Not at all! There's Female Bodybuilding Competitions (have been on-going since the 70s) and those ladies get incredibly buff! :) and there's women in their 50s and probably 60s that do it still as well

As Shia Labeouf would say in the infamous Motivational video he did 2, 3 years back: "Don't let your Dreams be Dreams!"

Have excellent health and be thin and muscular like about 40 years ago.

Be rid of anxiety and depression.

Be rich.

@Hdphn33 Most don't believe it anyway, but, science is investigating into it more in neuroscience
and the physics of consciousness.
Although it is like life, you can do more, then the thrill of finding someplace you've been
and stand in waking physical form right there is an incredible feeling.

Doesn't matter what's believed or not. Everyone has their own consciousness and experiences.

Unfortunately, Wisdom only comes with age. There is no shortcut on this one. Don't worry, You're not the only one experiencing this and if you think about it, that's kinda a good thing.

@FreeDiver, I don't mean to "split hairs" so-to-speak - guess my philosophical mindset wants to clarify something. The old adage about wisdom coming with age is definitely true. However, there is a method to how that comes about. In reality, wisdom comes from "experience" and experience is normally achieved over a lengthy duration (age). In today's society most people speak their own sense of wisdom from false informational perceptions without first "experiencing" what they are talking about.

I would like to stop worrying so much and also would like to accept everything that happens with a good sense of humour!

I am pretty happy with the way I am already but there's always room for improvement. I guess the biggest issue I have is my eyesight. My vision has gotten so bad that I started having to wear glasses last week. One of the things I would change is I would give myself perfect vision. Secondly I am not very good with algebra and have had to drop out of several colleges because I could not pass algebra without a lot of help. If could change anything else I would make myself understand algebra to the point to where could easily make an A in the subject. Then I might have a chance of getting my dream job within the next year.

that I worry and think so much about so many things. that I just could shut down my brain sometimes, because it´s often about to jiggering.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom