• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

If You Could Change Something(s) About Yourself...

Loren

V.I.P Member
... what would it be?

I, often, find myself drawn to wittiness in a person, and have wished that I could possess this appealing, character trait.

There are additional things I would change, but, I've been pondering this, most recently.

Feel free to list as many, or, as few you would change if you could. Whether, possible, or not.

For me, my height (I'm only a measly 5'5"/167cm) and the tenacity do actually get off my butt and commit to things (cough exercising cough)... also I guess my facial structure, mainly my jawline... I don't have a good one to pull off a beard :( (not that I really want one, I actually prefer to be clean shaven :p)

I wish I could have been better at maths at school, so I could have studied sciences or engineering, and could have more job opportunities open to me and find an occupation that I'm more suited to.

I wish I could have been better at maths at school, so I could have studied sciences or engineering, and could have more job opportunities open to me and find an occupation that I'm more suited to.
I have wished the same, verbatim.

• I'd change, so I could talk and make conversation with people without getting very nervous and could make friends (I have no friends)
  • I'd change my body so I'm thinner (which I can, but I had an eating disorder, so that could end up badly but I don't think that would stop me from changing that anyway :confused:)
  • I'd change my sensitivity to noise
  • I'd change so I don't have meltdowns over nothing
  • I'd change so I don't have mental illness
But I wouldn't change my having Asperger's - I just want to change the negative things that come with it like mental illness, meltdowns etc. I can't, but I can wish, can't I?

I'd just want my health back. I went from a fit, toned, slim young man in my twenties who walked everywhere, to a sedentary man with middle aged spread who needs a stick to get around. I'd love to be able to go for a country walk again :(

... what would it be?

I, often, find myself drawn to wittiness in a person, and have wished that I could possess this appealing, character trait.

There are additional things I would change, but, I've been pondering this, most recently.

Feel free to list as many, or, as few you would change if you could. Whether, possible, or not.

Of course, I'd get rid of my sensitive hearing and end my suffering.

Aside from things i'm in the process of changing right now... hmm... Would probably be excellent health. There are a number of things that have to be dealt with first before being able to work on this and each of them is a complex problem.

Wish I was braver and had more initiative to do what I really want to do. Also wish I felt better because now that I have the freedom, a lot of things I can't do because of my health. But aside from health - I hate being such a chicken when it comes to doing anything and I can't just make myself go do it.
I'd say I wish I looked like I did before turning 50, but maybe not really.

That is easy. I would like to be 40 years younger and still know what I know now.

Unfortunately, Wisdom only comes with age. There is no shortcut on this one. Don't worry, You're not the only one experiencing this and if you think about it, that's kinda a good thing.

Last edited:
If I could keep the wisdom of those years I wouldn't have to make the same mistakes again. I'm not afraid of the end when it comes, but there's so much future I'll be missing out on. I still want to drive one of those flying cars we've been promised since the 50s ;)

giphy.gif

If I could keep the wisdom of those years I wouldn't have to make the same mistakes again. I'm not afraid of the end when it comes, but there's so much future I'll be missing out on. I still want to drive one of those flying cars we've been promised since the 50s ;)

giphy.gif

Must it be a car?

If I could keep the wisdom of those years I wouldn't have to make the same mistakes again.

How many of us didn't listen to our parents when they tried to give us some wise advice. For as much as it sucks. some things just need to be learned "the hard way" and by experence. As I said in an earlier post. There is no shortcut away around this.

I'm not afraid of the end when it comes, but there's so much future I'll be missing out on. I still want to drive one of those flying cars we've been promised since the 50s

Hopefully, The afterlife will be some magical/fairyland world where the laws of psychics are thrown out the window and anything is possible and the imagination has no limits. Forget having a flying car when you can fly yourself around like Peter Pan does. If you think about it. Technology is a lot like lawyers. Just the same way lawyers manipulate the legal system in their favor. Technology is really about bringing magic into are non-magical world by manipulating(while still obeying.) the laws of psychics.

New Threads

Top Bottom