• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello! nice to know you! I'm hoping to learn from all of you.

brandybild

I'm new to this - but happy to have found you as a group to help bounce around ideas, find things that have worked for others. I'm 70 and always felt a bit of an "outsider" and a loner who had trouble socially, often not getting the social clues right, not knowing how to respond, often getting told: "You're weird". Yes, I learned pretty well how to cope, to "get by" in a world that often made no sense, made a few friends, but always a bit out of step with the norm. Found out that my "different way" of seeing things often provided solutions to problems, faster/better/more productive ways of doing things, so in many ways, a success in life. But, it's tiring, and dis-heartening when I can't do things as others do.
So, I'll be reading lots of your stuff and commenting occasionally, and looking for ideas that will help.

Hi and welcome. Glad you could join us. No matter what your story is there's others here that have trod the same path, I hope you find it helpful.

Hello and Welcome. I am 70 years old also. I learned I was autistic when I was 64, so it has been a process for me. I often feel like an outsider, but I don't do much socializing anymore, so that is a relief. I have found the forums to be excellent places to learn from others.

1718630299456.png

New Threads

Top Bottom