• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I think I just quit my job

Ronin82

Dog Trainer Extraordinaire
V.I.P Member
I HATE drastic changes! My boss decided to try out a new system for our delivery routes. Basically, we no longer have regular routes. We get assigned an area based on average miles, so each driver has the same number of miles in a run. This means I may be driving in the north side for one run, and the south side for the second. What this amounts to is MORE miles for me, too much change and ambiguity in my day, and this happened with NO WARNING or even the courtesy of being informed of what was going on!! I totally shut down, refused to take anything, my supervisor had to be called in to sort things out, but basically I said "no more". This new program is supposed to be a trial run, but I can't even think about going back in tomorrow. I told my bosses, if they go back to the old way I'll be back on Tuesday, but if they keep the new system, I'm not coming back. Seriously, I nearly had a total meltdown...if the dog hadn't been with me, I would have thrown things. Took me 20 minutes to control my breathing enough to drive safely after loading up for the second run!

Now I'm under real time constraints to find a new job. I have an idea of where to go from here, but if these options don't work out I'm screwed.

That is a real bummer. I always live in fear of workplace changes that I may not be able to handle.

Good luck to you. I hope your options work out.

I HATE drastic changes! My boss decided to try out a new system for our delivery routes. Basically, we no longer have regular routes. We get assigned an area based on average miles, so each driver has the same number of miles in a run. This means I may be driving in the north side for one run, and the south side for the second. What this amounts to is MORE miles for me, too much change and ambiguity in my day, and this happened with NO WARNING or even the courtesy of being informed of what was going on!! I totally shut down, refused to take anything, my supervisor had to be called in to sort things out, but basically I said "no more". This new program is supposed to be a trial run, but I can't even think about going back in tomorrow. I told my bosses, if they go back to the old way I'll be back on Tuesday, but if they keep the new system, I'm not coming back. Seriously, I nearly had a total meltdown...if the dog hadn't been with me, I would have thrown things. Took me 20 minutes to control my breathing enough to drive safely after loading up for the second run!

Now I'm under real time constraints to find a new job. I have an idea of where to go from here, but if these options don't work out I'm screwed.
I really hate that! You are an independent contractor though. This means you can dictate certain terms. What's the harm of telling the boss that you won't accept this unless the compensation goes up. Tell the boss that you're going to walk. Unfortunately, el jefe thinks he can treat you like an employee. Uh uh, you are a partner on equal footing.

Unfortunately, I'm not directly contracted with the company making the changes...I contract with the company that SUPPLIES the drivers to said company. I have no bargaining power. Talked with my super, told him I could no longer work that location due to the increased stress and ambiguity of routine, he said he'd talk to his boss about returning me to part-time status until something regular comes along that I can work. At least I'd be getting SOME income. We'll see how that goes. In the meantime, I'm treating myself to juice and Fireball, and caving in my room naked to reduce the stress I was put under today.....

I get this. But sometimes leaving is all you can do to keep it all together.

Over the course of many years I got to a point where I simply could no longer deal with the company radically changing.

While interviewing for my existing job in a corporate reorganization (you heard it right) I finally had enough. Went from getting the nod from my manager to going to HR and giving them my two weeks. After nearly two decades I had enough of this. I left without even having another job lined up.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom