• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I need a wheelchair

...Would a power chat have some kind of basket space? So I can carry things. Perhaps not as much as the ones at Target or K-Mart, but...
They sell those as accessories, but they're expensive. Just throw a tote bag in your lap and call it good.

...I'm still in the hospital early June 27th, I guess it'll be all this weekend:(. You know, I was told that there is doubt here about the truth of my wallet - and all the cards in it, including my ID:cry: - being stolen back inn2019. It's NOT a lie, it's true!:coldsweat: At this point it seems that here in NYS might be the place to look for a new ID, since I was born here. I still haven't gotten that even I ritual visit to the family grave of my parents and brother made, either.:imp:

...That grave is something like 2 bus rides up north - And, at least as there tending to be rather lengthy waits in the White Plains transit center, the Westchester transit system is a little less pleasant than I remembered - and I'm older, and more crippled, now:( - I somehow project my joking/stereotypical image of Westchester onto this - that they begrudgingly have an adequate mass transit system so black & brown people who reverse-commute from their homes in New York City to menial%service jobs in W'cst'r can get around! around!:D

... I have nearly no teeth:(. I have two, I believe. I have no dentures or implants. California did not give them to me in all my years there, no matter what you think:disrelieved:. If I had not had my ID stolen in (very) late 2019 in Portland I might have an apartment in Portland now, or at least be on the waiting list for one - The latter was definitely brought up to me late in my Portland time but IIRC the shutdown was total then, DMV, anything else aside, was closed. And so some person/s here don't believe me when I say it was stolen:disappointed:.

...Now, I really can't read much of what is on the screen on my phone, and that is with (drugstore, non-pres eruption) glasses on at all times!:cry: My eyes are just so bad:disrelieved:. And though I was finally going to go to a perscription glasses-selling place I saw, this being in the hospital is endlessly delaying me, and if I lose my one glasses, or one working phone, I"m screwed:cry:.
I appear to have been screwed by the AT&T store in White Plains from whom I bought another (mire expensive version of the same basic model, it's all they had it stick(, I wanted to have a 2nd phone to play/spell the two off each other but they apparently I'd me!:(

...It's a week now I've been I"hospital, Sunday now.
I had some stuff - pus? - in my leg, it was taken out, there was a big wound, it's being treated and healing.I was sent here by the Valhalla shelter so I guess - I guess - my place there should be safe and I was told property left in shelters was safe for thirty days...I left a lot of stuff there, clothes (which I was about to wash, with detergent out I hope it's still there)...and that $2£0 0lus spent HP laptop/netbook it was doubly concealed. If...

...My eyes are so bad with only the drugstore non-prescription glasses:disappointed:. Though actually, as of right now, they"re - better:( - than what they"he been in the last Fay-ish. I had thought I needed to put an other pair of glasses on top of another for an extra-magnifying affect, as I did in Good Sam but I only have one pair of glasses with me:(. I can only read " real " books or publications when super'bright sunlight is on me, or as bright artificial and it helps much to have my body in a - at least less pain/discomfort, I gave some now even lying on my back in bed as I am now:( - and.that is rare.

...Niw, Monday, a week in this hospital, I allegedly will be discharged from here, after a week...but the hospital apparently threw away the pants I was wearing when I came in here, the only pants I had with me. And in the passage of time, my glasses have started to break, and I can barely use them at all, and if they totally break I'm d's. If I could get to a CVS I could squander still more money on still more drugstore glasses, but I imagine there's no way they'd take me there to-day. They are talking like they will not take me back to the Valhalla shelter that I was brought here from, but inn the late afternoon take me to Social Services implicitly to go to Valhalla from there. I can see this ending with me having nowhere to go at 5 this afternoon - it's 12:47 now. My established place is at Valhalla - and my clothes, prescription meds, luggage, computer, and more.

Dollar stores usually have lots of reading glasses. I bought a of pair of 200 and 300 power a couple weeks ago. $1 each.

...I did get to a dollar store and got some cheap glasses, I did get to CVS and tried - but failed - to get my perscription, as I don't have full Medicaid/Care cards, the co-pay was gonna be tremendous, I have to check with the medical people.
I ended up not taking the ride directly back to the hospital, I went down-town instead, which let me go to the bank and dollar store and more and had me stay out and had me paying a taxi once again to get back to the shelter close to curfew time.
I was wrong about the hospital throwing out clothes of mine, I was completely mistaken, which I only discovered after I got back to the hospital.
So I was unjustified in feeling angry at the hospital, and the substitute pants the hospital got me weren't needed. I guess I'll live with my not calling the hospital to apologize, there's really no person I could contact and I don't remember the hospital staff's names. I have so few clothes, it's a plus for me, getting the extra pants:confused:.

...My stuff was okay in Valhalla. I do think I am going to intentionally miss a dialysis or to and then go into the hosptal with the burr of " I gotta get it " and talk to the hospital about other medical things. I still do not have a Primary Care Physician. The hours of walking around a fee blocks in downtown White Plains yesterday going to the bank, CVS, etc. Underlined again how handicapped and slow-moving I am:(. It is twenty-up - or more - minutes from walking out.the door in Valhalla to reaching the bus stop. Then the bus is that many or more? to get to downtown White Plains.

I've begun doing wheelchair exercises in my power chair. As I go along the road I march my legs up and down (gently, because my legs don't work so good), then I do kicks, then I do tippy toes and heel lifts. It's a good way to keep strong while in a wheelchair.

Dollar stores usually have lots of reading glasses. I bought a of pair of 200 and 300 power a couple weeks ago. $1 each.
Yes! And Dollar Tree glasses are really fashionable sometimes. They have cute styles for women.

We got free bifocals thru the Lions Club before. It took a couple months to process everything, but now we have a free pair of prescription eyeglasses.

I think I did the barest discussion is here of my thwarted dream to have gone full-out to college, and to go to " regular " college - Full-scale, " traditional ", four-year college. " Going away to college.
Briefly, I never did that, and some going to community college never turned into the fill-fledged college " I'll call this " standard;sleep-away " college " uni ", after a British term.
Basically, I had put the concept on the back burner even in my last days at that former board. Since then my health has gone so downhill that I can't think of it now:cry:.

Unlike WP the format of this forum automatically saves drafts quite effectively.

New Threads

Top Bottom