1. Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Featured I need a wheelchair

Discussion in 'General Autism Discussion' started by SteveNomad, Jun 22, 2020.

1. SteveNomad

SteveNomad Well-Known Member

...I'd really like basket;whatever you call it. I need space for my crutch, too.

2. SteveNomad

...I'm still in the hospital early June 27th, I guess it'll be all this weekend:(. You know, I was told that there is doubt here about the truth of my wallet - and all the cards in it, including my ID:cry: - being stolen back inn2019. It's NOT a lie, it's true!:coldsweat: At this point it seems that here in NYS might be the place to look for a new ID, since I was born here. I still haven't gotten that even I ritual visit to the family grave of my parents and brother made, either.:imp:

3. SteveNomad

...Didn't my long new post in this line go up:tearsofjoy:?

4. SteveNomad

...Oh good it did:oops:.

5. SteveNomad

...That grave is something like 2 bus rides up north - And, at least as there tending to be rather lengthy waits in the White Plains transit center, the Westchester transit system is a little less pleasant than I remembered - and I'm older, and more crippled, now:( - I somehow project my joking/stereotypical image of Westchester onto this - that they begrudgingly have an adequate mass transit system so black & brown people who reverse-commute from their homes in New York City to menial%service jobs in W'cst'r can get around! around!:D

6. SteveNomad

... I have nearly no teeth:(. I have two, I believe. I have no dentures or implants. California did not give them to me in all my years there, no matter what you think:disrelieved:. If I had not had my ID stolen in (very) late 2019 in Portland I might have an apartment in Portland now, or at least be on the waiting list for one - The latter was definitely brought up to me late in my Portland time but IIRC the shutdown was total then, DMV, anything else aside, was closed. And so some person/s here don't believe me when I say it was stolen:disappointed:.

7. SteveNomad

...Now, I really can't read much of what is on the screen on my phone, and that is with (drugstore, non-pres eruption) glasses on at all times!:cry: My eyes are just so bad:disrelieved:. And though I was finally going to go to a perscription glasses-selling place I saw, this being in the hospital is endlessly delaying me, and if I lose my one glasses, or one working phone, I"m screwed:cry:.
    I appear to have been screwed by the AT&T store in White Plains from whom I bought another (mire expensive version of the same basic model, it's all they had it stick(, I wanted to have a 2nd phone to play/spell the two off each other but they apparently I'd me!:(

8. SteveNomad

...It's a week now I've been I"hospital, Sunday now.
    I had some stuff - pus? - in my leg, it was taken out, there was a big wound, it's being treated and healing.I was sent here by the Valhalla shelter so I guess - I guess - my place there should be safe and I was told property left in shelters was safe for thirty days...I left a lot of stuff there, clothes (which I was about to wash, with detergent out I hope it's still there)...and that $2£0 0lus spent HP laptop/netbook it was doubly concealed. If...

9. SteveNomad

...My eyes are so bad with only the drugstore non-prescription glasses:disappointed:. Though actually, as of right now, they"re - better:( - than what they"he been in the last Fay-ish. I had thought I needed to put an other pair of glasses on top of another for an extra-magnifying affect, as I did in Good Sam but I only have one pair of glasses with me:(. I can only read " real " books or publications when super'bright sunlight is on me, or as bright artificial and it helps much to have my body in a - at least less pain/discomfort, I gave some now even lying on my back in bed as I am now:( - and.that is rare.

10. SteveNomad

...Niw, Monday, a week in this hospital, I allegedly will be discharged from here, after a week...but the hospital apparently threw away the pants I was wearing when I came in here, the only pants I had with me. And in the passage of time, my glasses have started to break, and I can barely use them at all, and if they totally break I'm d's. If I could get to a CVS I could squander still more money on still more drugstore glasses, but I imagine there's no way they'd take me there to-day. They are talking like they will not take me back to the Valhalla shelter that I was brought here from, but inn the late afternoon take me to Social Services implicitly to go to Valhalla from there. I can see this ending with me having nowhere to go at 5 this afternoon - it's 12:47 now. My established place is at Valhalla - and my clothes, prescription meds, luggage, computer, and more.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Ezra

Ezra Relax, it's just chaos.

Dollar stores usually have lots of reading glasses. I bought a of pair of 200 and 300 power a couple weeks ago. $1 each.

• Like Like x 2
  12. SteveNomad

...I did get to a dollar store and got some cheap glasses, I did get to CVS and tried - but failed - to get my perscription, as I don't have full Medicaid/Care cards, the co-pay was gonna be tremendous, I have to check with the medical people.
    I ended up not taking the ride directly back to the hospital, I went down-town instead, which let me go to the bank and dollar store and more and had me stay out and had me paying a taxi once again to get back to the shelter close to curfew time.
    I was wrong about the hospital throwing out clothes of mine, I was completely mistaken, which I only discovered after I got back to the hospital.
    So I was unjustified in feeling angry at the hospital, and the substitute pants the hospital got me weren't needed. I guess I'll live with my not calling the hospital to apologize, there's really no person I could contact and I don't remember the hospital staff's names. I have so few clothes, it's a plus for me, getting the extra pants:confused:.

13. SteveNomad

...My stuff was okay in Valhalla. I do think I am going to intentionally miss a dialysis or to and then go into the hosptal with the burr of " I gotta get it " and talk to the hospital about other medical things. I still do not have a Primary Care Physician. The hours of walking around a fee blocks in downtown White Plains yesterday going to the bank, CVS, etc. Underlined again how handicapped and slow-moving I am:(. It is twenty-up - or more - minutes from walking out.the door in Valhalla to reaching the bus stop. Then the bus is that many or more? to get to downtown White Plains.

14. Yeshuasdaughter

Yeshuasdaughter Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

I've begun doing wheelchair exercises in my power chair. As I go along the road I march my legs up and down (gently, because my legs don't work so good), then I do kicks, then I do tippy toes and heel lifts. It's a good way to keep strong while in a wheelchair.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Yeshuasdaughter

Yeshuasdaughter Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

Yes! And Dollar Tree glasses are really fashionable sometimes. They have cute styles for women.

We got free bifocals thru the Lions Club before. It took a couple months to process everything, but now we have a free pair of prescription eyeglasses.

16. SteveNomad

I think I did the barest discussion is here of my thwarted dream to have gone full-out to college, and to go to " regular " college - Full-scale, " traditional ", four-year college. " Going away to college.
    Briefly, I never did that, and some going to community college never turned into the fill-fledged college " I'll call this " standard;sleep-away " college " uni ", after a British term.
    Basically, I had put the concept on the back burner even in my last days at that former board. Since then my health has gone so downhill that I can't think of it now:cry:.

17. SteveNomad

I lost a draft:cry:!

18. SteveNomad

...No, maybe I did not!!!!!:p

19. Ezra

Ezra Relax, it's just chaos.

Unlike WP the format of this forum automatically saves drafts quite effectively.

20. SteveNomad

...This is why I need an electric wheelchair - I simply wa*lk ultra-slowly, with myself having to rest one or more times a block.
    From out the door to the bus stop where I am is twenty-thirty minutes (much of it uphill) - not the wait for the bus of the bus ride itself, just the way.
    Getting on the bus re q uires me lulling myself up, over the gap in-between the ground and the bus inner surface. Them, in down yt? own White Plains, walking down paved city blocks leads to rests on benches pretty much every block.
    A ways back, I measured myself taking forty-five minutes to walk three blocks:(.