• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I need a new bed (I promise being autistic ties into this I just don't know a good title)

PastelPetals

V.I.P Member
I need a new bed frame. Since 2017 I have had a privacy pop. It is like a tent that encloses you in and it makes me feel better going to sleep. However over time it has started to collapse to the point that I am waking up with my bed collapsed on top of me and it's stressing me out. I can't seem to finding a more sturdy bed that does the same thing...except if it's it's medical equipment that I would need to pay thousands of dollars or apply for. Why are there not more enclosed beds that don't collapse/ can deal with my tossing and turning.

Any ideas?

A thing like this?
upload_2021-5-31_21-17-24.png

upload_2021-5-31_21-18-19.png

This is less than two hundred dollars.

Could you or anyone you know adapt or make a four poster style bed? Like, 4 sturdy posts, 1 on each corner, then a canopy and curtains or draped? It could probably be done as a separate frame too. Probably just need someone handy, to help create this.

I can see how this feels secure. But, I just have a regular bed and use a couple of soft plush blankets,
pillows and plush toys around me. It feels pretty nice and snug.

I can see how this feels secure. But, I just have a regular bed and use a couple of soft plush blankets,
pillows and plush toys around me. It feels pretty nice and snug.

Yeah I just like small enclosed spaces. My mom suggested I get a daybed as they often have three sides closed off. Currently my mattress is inside the tent but on the floor so she wants to be off the floor and maybe that will help my back too. But i have slept on the floor with a mattress for 7 years so that's a big change. I have resisted getting a bed frame but now I think I must. I will figure it out.

Daybeds aren't usually very high off the floor.
They are nice and patially enclosed. Could be a durable alternative.
Good luck.

New Threads

Top Bottom