• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I just got my diagnosis but I am a bit confused.

Luckily I don't have that problem, my sleep disorder has more to do with nights. Sometimes I can easily sleep 12/14 hours a night, and when I wake up I am still tired all day, but other nights I can't sleep whatsoever, very often it has to do with the amount of pain I am in but also very often there is no explanation for it. Because I now have been diagnosed with physical disorders but also something mental I just am really worried. I think I will have to work in a supermarket or something behind a till just purely because I physically can't handle anything to difficult, but then I have the social issue. I do think I have to just keep that quiet and try my best to not show how hard I actually find social situations.
I haven't got a clue really, I am Dutch, but when I last got seen about something on the spectrum I was pretty young so I can't really remember and the system might have changed by now.
But I do think I might want to ask my doctor once I have the health insurance.
i get the same problem with sleeping ,i slept this afternoon !i was happy i wasnt awake and panicking ,i panic when im asleep but......
do you have the problem that painkillers dont work ?! i have a tens machine but it doesnt block out all the pain and it doesnt stay on all day !
got osteoarthritis in my arm and neck.

i get the same problem with sleeping ,i slept this afternoon !i was happy i wasnt awake and panicking ,i panic when im asleep but......
do you have the problem that painkillers dont work ?! i have a tens machine but it doesnt block out all the pain and it doesnt stay on all day !
got osteoarthritis in my arm and neck.

Regular painkillers have never worked. I now get Zapain painkillers from my GP that do work sometimes but I can't take them too often because then my body gets used to them. I really don't know why they sometimes work and sometimes don't. I have however been drinking Pau D'Arco tea a lot lately because of other issues with my body and that has calmed the pain down a little bit for some reason, that tea is like magic for me, it fixes a lot of my simple health issues and it even helped my partner's moms dog when we put some on his skin.
I have been asking my GP to get me tested for some type of Arthritis in my knee's because I know how my Fibromyalgia feels and some of my pain is nothing like that.
I definitely understand the panicking thing, I always panick about something, I can't get a break from it. I understand how annoying that is for sure.

Regular painkillers have never worked. I now get Zapain painkillers from my GP that do work sometimes but I can't take them too often because then my body gets used to them. I really don't know why they sometimes work and sometimes don't. I have however been drinking Pau D'Arco tea a lot lately because of other issues with my body and that has calmed the pain down a little bit for some reason, that tea is like magic for me, it fixes a lot of my simple health issues and it even helped my partner's moms dog when we put some on his skin.
I have been asking my GP to get me tested for some type of Arthritis in my knee's because I know how my Fibromyalgia feels and some of my pain is nothing like that.
I definitely understand the panicking thing, I always panick about something, I can't get a break from it. I understand how annoying that is for sure.
have the bones in your fingers changed shape?- rheumatoid arthritis deviates the bones in the hands, if its osteo arthritis theres stiffness usually after injury thats permanent ,thats where rheumatoid is different its autoimmune but it could be early stage rheumatoid .
keep off refined sugar ,my mam had rheumatoid and kept it dormant by not eating refined sugar,works the same for osteo arthritis stops uric acid collecting around the joints ,your tea is antiinflammatory like aspirin (originally willow bark tea ).
strangely mint is noted in samuel culpepers book as being healing for anything that effects women?!!!
specifically mint indigenous to the uk -maybe the same for the rest of the world ?!

have the bones in your fingers changed shape?- rheumatoid arthritis deviates the bones in the hands, if its osteo arthritis theres stiffness usually after injury thats permanent ,thats where rheumatoid is different its autoimmune but it could be early stage rheumatoid .
keep off refined sugar ,my mam had rheumatoid and kept it dormant by not eating refined sugar,works the same for osteo arthritis stops uric acid collecting around the joints ,your tea is antiinflammatory like aspirin (originally willow bark tea ).
strangely mint is noted in samuel culpepers book as being healing for anything that effects women?!!!
specifically mint indigenous to the uk -maybe the same for the rest of the world ?!

I don't think my bones have changed to be fair. I just have very often this really strange grinding feeling between my bones in my knee's. Like there is sand in between them, when that happens my knee's also feel very stiff. I want to become healthier anyway so once we have a decent budget for food I will definitely give that a go. We are also going to try to only eat low glycemic foods for multiple different health reasons but with a diet like that it is also pretty hard to eat refined sugars anyway so that would actually be great if that will help.
I did indeed hear that mint supposed to help a lot. The tea I use now is indeed anti inflammatory, but it also helps against any infections and bacteria for some reason, it definitely is a miracle tea for me, even though it obviously isn't perfect but it does help a bit.

New Threads

Top Bottom