• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I have an interview for a "till operator" position at the Children's Society on 28.9.18

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Topic.

I originally booked the interview for next Friday at 10 AM, 21.9.18, then Mum rang and said we're going to my Brother's in London next weekend so I had to change the interview to the following week.

I know it's volunteering again, and literally doesn't pay anything, but work is work.

I'm glad you are getting active again. Have fun in London, and good luck with the interview.

Yeah I half expected we'd be going, because next Sunday is my Parents' 46th Wedding Anniversary, the 23rd.

Trouble is, pending what happens in a couple of hours from now, it's also possibly the day of my Martial Arts grading.

Topic.

I originally booked the interview for next Friday at 10 AM, 21.9.18, then Mum rang and said we're going to my Brother's in London next weekend so I had to change the interview to the following week.

I know it's volunteering again, and literally doesn't pay anything, but work is work.
It's definitely good because it gets you out and about and could lead to paid work further down the line.

It's definitely good because it gets you out and about and could lead to paid work further down the line.

Meh, I have a 2 page CV of about 24 years pf voluntary work in most of the Charity shops in the City, and various other Charity work, yet I've been told on here that Charity work doesn't translate into real work experience.

Work is work IMO, OK the volunteering literally doesn't pay anything, but it's experience IMHO, valuable experience.

I just got back from the "interview", got there early to try and create a good impression, anyway the Manager interviewed me, asked me questions about my skills and everything, and looked again at my application form.

Then they said because I specified I can only work Tuesday, Wednesday and/or Friday mornings, due to other commitments, that they'd stuggle to accommodate me due to other volunteers working on the Till.

So I said thanks for your time, used their toilet and walked out of the shop in the mood from hell thinking I'd failed the interview, can't even get a flaming Charity shop job to work for free much less a paid position.

My life in voluntary work has been a complete waste of time IMO, I have a 2 page CV of experience, and it means nothing because nobody will take me on because no, I refuse on principle to be put into some government sponsored non job for £2 a day because all the clients are on benefits and can't earn much without severe benefit sanctions·

New Threads

Top Bottom