• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I hate zoom meetings

Zoom is an app initially designed for videoconferencing, but was adapted by many schools across the work after the coronavirus outbreak. A bit like like Skype.
Thanks, I am getting a re-assessment for autism, due to COVID it won't be face to face, they asked me what browser I had, yikes I might have to use zoom.

I've been doing Microsoft Teams meetings weekly since March and dread each one. It's being able to see myself talking on video that really puts me off, as I analyse every little detail about the interaction. I tend to just stay quiet and listen to everyone else talk, until someone asks me a question and I have to quickly come up with something to say. It all just feels very forced and awkward to me but others don't seem to have any issues.

Luckily more recently a couple of others in our team (including the manager) have been leaving their cameras off, which has allowed me to just leave mine off too!

I've been doing Microsoft Teams meetings weekly since March and dread each one. It's being able to see myself talking on video that really puts me off, as I analyse every little detail about the interaction. I tend to just stay quiet and listen to everyone else talk, until someone asks me a question and I have to quickly come up with something to say. It all just feels very forced and awkward to me but others don't seem to have any issues.

Luckily more recently a couple of others in our team (including the manager) have been leaving their cameras off, which has allowed me to just leave mine off too!
Sounds horrible, hope zoom not on Mac, dunno if my autism reassessment will be done by video.

I had my first autism assessment last week with "NHS attend anywhere" thankfully it went well. No disconnections, assessor said if anything goes wrong in the next one she will phone me. Got to post EQ and RAADS-R forms tomorrow.
Sorry for all of those who don't like the meetings.

034E4E6E-E2CA-4664-AEED-3D99BBE77482.jpeg

I had my last aspie assessment today, and got cut off twice, yikes, thought I would have a meltdown but lovely lady phoned and made sure she kept the best possible connection with me until we were back on.

So, the meetings I‘m in here in Switzerland / Germany / Austria loads of people are not visible on video except in small meetings and it is considered good form to mute yourself when not talking.... I wonder if we are seeing the precursors of digital cultural evolution with these differences along national / language lines?
I also always try to fix the speakers face or have the grid version and make it really small I do love that I dont need to do eye contact *yay*, can be at home and hear everyone equally well / badly - I‘m generally hard of hearing and totes deaf on my right ear and its a *%#ch in regular meetings - this way I am front on to everyone and with no need for masks I can still lip read. I understand what is problematic to the OP and others, just trying to bring up other aspects..

New Threads

Top Bottom