• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I hate it when NTs ask me this!

Ah yes, "why don't you have a boyfriend" is an annoyance of mine too. 1: why the hell do they think it's any of their business, and 2: the expectation that having a partner should be a goal in life is annoying, many of us actually have different priorities :rolleyes:

I get that a lot too: the why don't you have a boyfriend thing...if I ignore it or try to say anything, people just think I'm gay. I actually want a relationship, I just can't seem to get past the good friend zone yet...so frustrating.

I also hate the "everyone deals with that" crap. I may act like I don't deal with things as much as I do, but the truth is I deal with much MORE than NT's! Why can't they get it??

Imagine if we actually answered this? :D

"I don't have a boyfriend cos dating happens at crowded venues like restaurants in the evenings when sensory hoopla is highest."

"Because I really enjoy physical affection, but it has to be on my own terms since I have some intense tactile defensive Kung fu."

"I'm usually in my own world, so anybody would need to basically be on fire before I'd notice him."

"I have enough executive function skills to cook instant oatmeal."

"Online dating profiles say the woman they seek needs to 'Be social, spontaneous, and get my sarcasm.' "

"I have NO IDEA when a guy is flirting with me. I need his interest directly stated, so that I may respond in kind."

"If men would stop escaping mid monologue, I could bond with them by sharing my fascination with dinosaurs."

"Dating happens in restaurants, and 'Get whatever you want' apparently does NOT include grilled cheese and tater tots."

"Axe Bodyspray. 'Nuff said!"

I think I ask myself this more than others do, I know I shouldn't as it just gets me depressed. The reason for lacking one most of the time is a mix of social anxiety and aspie related issues as well as not being interested in most people.

The reply and quote thing is not working again. Suzanne, exactly what I get all the time. 'Oh but everyone has that'. I also keep getting 'what is the point of seeking a diagnosis now? You have come this far in life without it....'

"I collect ball jointed dolls"
BJDs aren't a turn-off to everybody... (There are a lot of women who started off with Barbie and graduated to BJDs.)

I collect lower-end arti-dolls, male & female. My wife doesn't, but she likes my collection.

To the OP,

Just tell them that you are an acquired taste... ;)

Last edited:
BJDs aren't a turn-off to everybody... (There are a lot of women who started off with Barbie and graduated to BJDs.)

I collect lower-end arti-dolls, male & female. My wife doesn't, but she likes my collection.

To the OP,

Just tell them that you are an acquired taste... ;)

Well so far it is...

New Threads

Top Bottom