• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I had enough of faith and belief in God

Thank you for saying it. But I will be ok.
I am just going through a lot of things that make no sense to me.
May I make an observation, @lovely_darlingprettybaby ? I hear the cry of your heart as you deal with things beyond your understanding. You repeatedly say that you don’t understand what is happening.

Yet, you make decisions that affect the rest of your life. Making decisions while in a state of confusion is a recipe for disaster. It is completely human when in distress to want to find a direction and take it, but it does not serve you well.

You sound to me like someone who absolutely does believe in the God of the Bible, but you have it in your mind that God has rejected you and so you reject him in return. You believe he rejected you because he allows you to suffer.

However, you know full well that the Bible makes clear that all humans will suffer. Therefore, you know that your excuse for hating on God is false. Yet, in your blind anger, you continue to pretend you have some legitimate complaint against God. Accordingly, every day of your life is a misery because you have distanced yourself from the God who you know full well is the only solution to your problems.

One solution is to continue to behave as though the Creator of the Universe works for @lovely_darlingprettybaby, that his purpose in the universe is to make you, personally, happy. You will continue to be pointlessly angry and miserable.

Another solution is to admit to yourself that you believe God is in charge and operates on a level that you can’t understand. That will be uncomfortable, because it invites a level of trust in God, and you have concluded that trusting God doesn’t get you just what you want.

A reasonable conclusion is that God does not operate as a vending machine for favors. The universe does not operate on a please-everyone basis. Yes, like you, many of us suffer more than others. That is the way it works. Maybe you think you could design and build a better universe?

If you want to continue your current life experience, then continue on in the same way you have done. If you are looking for a solution, then admit that being angry at God isn’t a solution. If being angry at God was a solution, your problems would have been solved long ago, right?

I will stop short of offering further advice, because until you quit pretending to believe that you have the wisdom and authority to tell God how to run the universe… no advice will do you any good.

New Threads

Top Bottom